BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Williams gone?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking out loud. Was Simon maybe made to carry the can for the club's PR dept - the work of Agnew and co? Would a Marketing Director's remit cover PR? Is someone behind the scenes maybe unhappy with last week's Anderson & Kean interviews?

Just thinking out loud. Was Simon maybe made to carry the can for the club's PR dept - the work of Agnew and co? Would a Marketing Director's remit cover PR? Is someone behind the scenes maybe unhappy with last week's Anderson & Kean interviews?

That had nothing to do with Simon.

All that kind of stuff is handled by PAPR from what I know.

Top bloke who did a great job for the fans, especially with his idea to reduce season ticket prices with the extra tv cash

That's worrying.

Venkys : "Tickets are too cheap. Let's double prices"

Simon : " That's not what we've been trying to achieve over the last few years"

'Unknown advisor' : " Don't listen to him. You can fleece those nasty fans who abuse you and Keano and who protest at your being"

Venkys : " There's the door Simon. Don't bang it on your way out."

One day, I'm sure someone will either write a book, or even do a TV drama, about what has happened to our club.

Unbelievable and, unfortunately, you have to feel that we are not yet at the end of the tunnel.

A lot of genuine guys have gone and you can only imagine what morale is like amongst the majority of those employed by BRFC.

We are very fortunate in that we've experienced some great times with the club, especially over the last 20 years. You fear that that might be denied to the younger generations.

I gave a poster on this board two names at weekend who I understood were vulnerable. One has now gone.

I do not need to justify myself to anyone.

I do not play games, if I think I know something then I share it.

I can verify this fact 100%

One day, I'm sure someone will either write a book, or even do a TV drama, about what has happened to our club.

Unbelievable and, unfortunately, you have to feel that we are not yet at the end of the tunnel.

I'm not sure anybody would believe it.

It'd probably have to have at least one of those disclaimers you sometimes see; either "The names have been changed to protect the innocent" or "This mini-series is based on actual events"!

A lot of genuine guys have gone and you can only imagine what morale is like amongst the majority of those employed by BRFC.

We are very fortunate in that we've experienced some great times with the club, especially over the last 20 years. You fear that that might be denied to the younger generations.

Very true. Would you accept as an amendment to your last sentence above, "You can't see how the younger generations will ever be as fortunate."?

Got the job because of his dad. Had venkys stuck a family member in charge of marketing the board would have gone into meltdown. I have no doubt that we can find someone equally capable to fill the role.

Aye, 'equally capable', that's worked out well so far with the replacements we've had (or not) for Williams, Finn, Allardyce, McDonald and so on and so on.

Get plenty e/w on Somersby in the VC chase at Ascot on Saturday. Current odds are about 6/1. Fill your boots and then say thanks !

Plenty of dodgy stayers in that race including Sommersby. Especially as it's pouring down there as we speak.

Better stick the only one that will still definately be running on at the end, Wishfull Thinking.

The Rao family are not willing to spend money on the (important) positions that matter which has been the problem since day one (one of the many problems they have created).

Karen Silk is highly rated so credit for that, however cannot think of many other quality appointments.

Plastic Head, Mattyblue - that's what makes racing so fascinating. Pretty confident about this one and e/w at very good odds mitigates the risk. Looking for a fifth consecutive winner !

• Backroom

SW got the club some very good offers on kit sponsors, higher than in the past, someone higher up turned these down thinking they could get even better.

Wouldn't like to put a value on our shirt sponsorship now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big opportunities missed and if the worst comes to the worst, possibly looking at a £5m loss over 2 seasons.

• Backroom

Wouldn't like to put a value on our shirt sponsorship now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Big opportunities missed and if the worst comes to the worst, possibly looking at a £5m loss over 2 seasons.

I think those figures are probably north of what the value of our shirts have ever been, there's a huge disparity between the elite few clubs and the rest of us begging for scraps so to speak

The attempts to get shirt sponsorship this season were a complete joke - very amateur and in the end very desperate attempts to try and get anyone.

One of the many illustrations of how far we have fallen and being run by owners who simply don't have a clue.

Also, heard of an example of Mrs Desai dealing with a UK company and simply not understanding how things should be done – of course though, she thought she was right, when she clearly wasn’t.

I really do question the intelligence of our owners – they have been fooled into this whole thing without knowing what they were getting into.

No wonder they have gone into hiding.

Archived