BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Simon Williams gone?

I think those figures are probably north of what the value of our shirts have ever been, there's a huge disparity between the elite few clubs and the rest of us begging for scraps so to speak

Don't mean up to £5m in one season but over two seasons and assuming we are in Championship next season when we could expect square root of not a lot. I understand opportunity was there for deal over at least 2 seasons and extended, potentially, to another area of club, driving up value. Might be wrong here but didn't Crown Paints deliver about £1.5m in their last season ?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the job because of his dad. Had venkys stuck a family member in charge of marketing the board would have gone into meltdown. I have no doubt that we can find someone equally capable to fill the role.

Totally disagree Eddie. Simon did a good job and was very approachable. So far these clowns from Pune haven't made one appointment that has been as good as the people they have replaced.

SW failed to land a kit sponsor. Could be one of the reasons why he's gone.

No he didn't, he got 3 offers, 2 from betting companies which were rejected. I believe they were rejected on SEM's advise that they could do better, they failed and got fired!

No he didn't, he got 3 offers, 2 from betting companies which were rejected. I believe they were rejected on SEM's advise that they could do better, they failed and got fired!

Kentaro's advice actually- they told Mrs D they could get £5m a year for Rovers' shirts. The offers Simon got were actually very good ones by all accounts.

Another really good person leaving Rovers in circumstances which look horribly bad on the loons from Pune.

The attempts to get shirt sponsorship this season were a complete joke - very amateur and in the end very desperate attempts to try and get anyone.

One of the many illustrations of how far we have fallen and being run by owners who simply don't have a clue.

Also, heard of an example of Mrs Desai dealing with a UK company and simply not understanding how things should be done – of course though, she thought she was right, when she clearly wasn’t.

I really do question the intelligence of our owners – they have been fooled into this whole thing without knowing what they were getting into.

No wonder they have gone into hiding.

Dont suppose you could elaborate. Just curious.

I'm led to believe that hospitality sales are down 2 mil a year from when Beamo did the job........That's a great result. How many lights are burning in the Blackburn End boxes on match days these days??

I was looking at the boxes on Saturday thinking there's not many folk inside - the JW side looks in particular looks dead. I'm getting quite a lot of emails about the 'special deals' in hospitality at the moment but I just think why on earth would I spend more money than I already would to watch us? I guess most people are thinking the same.

The Blackburn end ones behind N02, N03 are always used by staff.

Now its obvious sales have been down this season but what I find bizarre is that fans cannot go into these boxes for cheap. Im not saying like £15 a game, but surely if they offered people the opportunity to buy box seats for one off games at reduced rates (any income is better than none), then they would take it up....I know I would.

Now its obvious sales have been down this season but what I find bizarre is that fans cannot go into these boxes for cheap. Im not saying like £15 a game, but surely if they offered people the opportunity to buy box seats for one off games at reduced rates (any income is better than none), then they would take it up....I know I would.

They are doing that aren't they? Hannah did before the Swansea game. I'm sure it was a special deal of £55pp or something like that.

I'm led to believe that hospitality sales are down 2 mil a year from when Beamo did the job........That's a great result. How many lights are burning in the Blackburn End boxes on match days these days??

I have bought corporate hospitality on a good few occasions in the past but had sort of vowed to avoid doing so due to the way the club is being run.

However, for the Stoke game on 2nd of January, I was under a little pressure to take customers who support Stoke, as I have done in the past.

I rang Rovers and was quoted £796 plus vat ( £955.20) for a table of four in the premier suite. So nearly a thousand pounds for a second rate meal and seats in the JW upper. I asked if that was the best they could do. They said it was.

We instead went to a nice restaurant for lunch and I bought them tickets in the JW and spent about a quarter of that.

I will do that in the future as well.

Another satisfied customer.

• Backroom

I went in the clayton and douglas lounge for a game last season and wasn't majorly impressed I must say.

Had great experiences in what was the pennants lounge though which is a lot less.

I have bought corporate hospitality on a good few occasions in the past but had sort of vowed to avoid doing so due to the way the club is being run.

However, for the Stoke game on 2nd of January, I was under a little pressure to take customers who support Stoke, as I have done in the past.

I rang Rovers and was quoted £796 plus vat ( £955.20) for a table of four in the premier suite. So nearly a thousand pounds for a second rate meal and seats in the JW upper. I asked if that was the best they could do. They said it was.

We instead went to a nice restaurant for lunch and I bought them tickets in the JW and spent about a quarter of that.

I will do that in the future as well.

Another satisfied customer.

Edit - apologies, not relevant

They will be bought up on a one off basis by Manure and Liverpool fans as usual.

They will be bought up on a one off basis by Manure and Liverpool fans as usual.

I got married at ewood last summer and decided that i would take the 8 members of the family as a treat for match day hospitality during the 2nd half of the season as the treatment we received was amazing. I have been getting the emails offering the hospitality cheaper than ever and then I received a call from the Business Manager on tuesday morning asking me if i had thought anymore over which game i would like to take up the option of hospitality. I politely informed him that i would not be giving them another penny of my money whilst the club was being run ( in my humble opinion ) into the ground.

He indicated that i should put this in writing as it will help his cause. He then went on to tell me that many others had used my exact words.

I have emailed my version of events. I also got the other season ticket holder in our party to email his thoughts. Every little helps! I hope!!

Please can you define your second rate meal ?? I had hospitality in august and the service was amazing and the food was simply stunning. Was this second rate meal supplied by northcote, the caterers for ewood hospitality ??

I appreciate i have only been in the hospitality area the once and you have more experience of this than me, but it seemed on my day that if i wanted anything at all i only had to ask. It appeared they couldn't do enough for our party.

Suprised...

These corporate boxes are a bit of a nightmare for the hosts let alone Rovers !

At a time when all prudent businesses will be examining their cost bases, if the Rovers can't serve-up the goods, and primarily I mean an attractive entertainment spectacle (under Kean, 22 PL home games have barely delivered a point a game with 11 losses), then it's struggles all round !

From the hosts' point of view, they have to get someone to host the box (and believe me the novelty soon wears off even if it's your team) and they have to have customers who actually want to go (many occaions where you fill it by offering employees 'a treat' or by taking along a friend or friends).

So given a very high cost, p1ss poor home results and, on occasions, guests disappointed with the food, it's not surprising that Rovers have a problem.

So given a very high cost, p1ss poor home results and, on occasions, guests disappointed with the food, it's not surprising that Rovers have a problem.

i quite agree with the home results being a massive problem and the cost appears somewhat high ( some of the deals this season have been very very cheap ) but can you substantiate on " on occasions, guests dissapointed with the food " Have you had first hand experience of this ?? Can you please enlighten me ?? I was led to believe that the match day hospitality at rovers was of a very high standard.

Forgive me for banging on about this matter but from the experience that i received, which was second to none and left no chance what so ever for any of our party to be dissapointed with anything other than the result.

Archived