BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Calling London Based Rovers Fans - Indian TV Interview

Kamy100

A indian TV channel is looking to interview Rovers fans. They would ideally like to do the interview in London as they want to get it out ASAP. Would any of our London supporters be up for this? Maybe meet up at a pub/bar and watch Everton game and the tv crew can come and do interview? Would be big as this would go out in India and give rovers side of the story.

If anyone is interested please post in here. I need to let them know by tomorrow evening at latest.

Im up for some of this, seems strange they want to interview rovers fans 200 miles away from blackburn

I imagine they have a crew based in London for European stories and finding some Rovers fans there will just save them money. It's the reverse of Granada, who used the ITN crew based in Dehli when we went to Pune (except they came to Pune).

I imagine they have a crew based in London for European stories and finding some Rovers fans there will just save them money. It's the reverse of Granada, who used the ITN crew based in Dehli when we went to Pune (except they came to Pune).

They are intending to come up to Ewood but want to do that before Newcastle game. In the meantime they want to get an initial story out, the plan is they meet some Rovers fans, interview them and spend sometime with the fans while they watch a game. Then do a followup story by coming upto Ewood for the Newcastle game.

Kamy, what stance are these people taking? Is your feeling that they will be objective about the story

or are they likely to be sympathetic to Venkys, and try portray Rovers supporters in a negative light.

We've had a belly full of media propaganda.

I would advise caution until we know their angle on this.

Hi Kamy,

Put my name down for this am definitely up for this am not sure though where they will show the game but I am prepared to travel to wherever in London to watch it and give them our supporters views. Kamy I do believe the famous 3 kings is showing it but will check tommorrow if they want to meet me in there I believe it is near west kensington tube will check with the pub tommorrow & let you know in here.

Thanks everyone. So it looks like 3 Kings will be showing the game. How many of you would be willing to meet up there to do this interview?

These guys are sympathetic to the Rovers situation, I have given them a lot of background and they have decided to take up the story, the other thing is that Venky's aren't talking to Indian media so that has got the media even more interested in the story.

Kamy I will definitely be there tell them my name is Savio and will be wearing the new Blackburn Rovers away strip black & yellow. I need a bit of a change as normally I listen to it on Rovers player but will make an exception as I feel although I live a long way from blackburn I need to do my bit to save whatever can be salvaged of this mess. Kamy can you please also confirm you are referring to the famous 3 kings in West Kensington Thanks.

Also confirm to them they will need permissions of everybody in the pub, plus the land lord and the brewery, and to avoid having pumps with STELLA in the background. I've worked with a few Indians before and in their culture they can basically films what they want, when they want, for whatever reason they want. It's not that simple over here.

Kamy I will definitely be there tell them my name is Savio and will be wearing the new Blackburn Rovers away strip black & yellow. I need a bit of a change as normally I listen to it on Rovers player but will make an exception as I feel although I live a long way from blackburn I need to do my bit to save whatever can be salvaged of this mess. Kamy can you please also confirm you are referring to the famous 3 kings in West Kensington Thanks.

Fair play mate, great to see fans stepping up and trying to help the cause. Be as prepared as possible and try to back up everything with as many facts as you can. Leave no room for denyability or being discredited as just another upset fan!

Also confirm to them they will need permissions of everybody in the pub, plus the land lord and the brewery, and to avoid having pumps with STELLA in the background. I've worked with a few Indians before and in their culture they can basically films what they want, when they want, for whatever reason they want. It's not that simple over here.

What's the issue with that wonderful drink ?

Kamy - seem to be short of numbers, so could the interviews be done through either video conferencing or skype which would enable you to almost 'hand pick' the most ideal supporters and location would be irrelevant.

Might be wrong about this but isn't the landlord going to be freaked out by people being interviewed in his pub during/after what may be an illegally streamed game? Technically it could be used as evidence to prosecute him/her...?

Thats a very good point. As it stands it is illegal to show a Premier/Football League game scheduled between 3pm & 5pm on a Saturday. My link

Although those laws have been challenged in european court, and been ruled against, many pubs use this as a basis for showing games. SKY`s stance is that it is still illegal to show these games without a SKY or ESPN commercial subscription. My link

“Sky and ESPN are the only broadcasters who have been given permission from the Premier League to authorise others to show their copyrighted material to the public in the UK. "

Archived