BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Calling London Based Rovers Fans - Indian TV Interview

Kamy100

No disrespect to anyone but you really need to hand pick your men here Kamy.

+1

Very very important to get the message across clearly. As mentioned above, no disrespect to anyone at all, it is just a very good opportunity to voice some important views. I can envisage a ###### up interview in a London pub with a scathing landlord threatening to unleash his pitbull on the film crew for exposing his illegal TV scam. Its very important to show our plight in the right light. There's a catch phrase right there.

I am only a two hour train journey away. 65 miles to be exact.

I think you would give a fair reflection on the 'normal' Rovers fans views.

We mustn't allow any extremists (either way) to be deemed as 'representative'.

Word of advice------work out the 3 or 4 main points you must get across and write them down on a piece of paper or on your hand if necessary. So easy to get side-tracked or nervous.

Say it in as simple a form as possible. Don't go away lamenting-----"if only I'd remembered this".

• Backroom

If I learnt anything at all about Indian media they will take any interview no matter the tone of it and selectively edit it to portray whatever angle they want.

I'm not fully convinced that it should be hand picked, agree a time and place and get as many rovers fans there as possible.

I do hope it goes well there's been some good interviews from our fans recently but also a couple that got destroyed on phone ins.

Whoever is willing to do it though just be sure of your own points in your head and don't be lead or swayed.

ok good work kamy can you please confirm tommorrow sometime this is going ahead and will definitely be there thanks for all the advice guys about having the main points ready and not letting ourselves be swayed I usually make notes to help me remember don't worry Bucky will do us all proud. thanks for all the advice.

ok good work kamy can you please confirm tommorrow sometime this is going ahead and will definitely be there thanks for all the advice guys about having the main points ready and not letting ourselves be swayed I usually make notes to help me remember don't worry Bucky will do us all proud. thanks for all the advice.

I strongly advise that your point No. 1 should be remember to breath. Good luck.

Have talked to the landlord of the pub and he won't allow a TV crew in for obvious reasons. This coupled with not many fans being able to make it (due to the short notice) have decided to cancel the London based interview. HUGE thank you to those of you who said that you would be able to come. Instead the TV crew are going to come to Blackburn, going to organise this over the next day or so.

Thanks again for all those who volinteered.

Have talked to the landlord of the pub and he won't allow a TV crew in for obvious reasons. This coupled with not many fans being able to make it (due to the short notice) have decided to cancel the London based interview. HUGE thank you to those of you who said that you would be able to come. Instead the TV crew are going to come to Blackburn, going to organise this over the next day or so.

Makes more to have it up in Blackburn - you can get together a larger group of people more closely involved with what has been happening recently.

Same advice that I gave previously kamy. We don't know the intention of this exercise so wisest to have sober reasoned response and not any speculative opinions or worse still mob handed drunken boorish behaviour which can be edited to paint the supporters in a poor light and be used to absolve Venkeys disastrous mismanagement of the club.

Same advice that I gave previously kamy. We don't know the intention of this exercise so wisest to have sober reasoned response and not any speculative opinions or worse still mob handed drunken boorish behaviour which can be edited to paint the supporters in a poor light and be used to absolve Venkeys disastrous mismanagement of the club.

I agree, need to get the message across in a reasoned manner, there is plenty of stuff that can be used to highlight the poor management of the club over the last 14 months.

ok no problem Kamy if there is another opportunity in London I would be more than willing to help Kamy when these TV people go to Blackburn could you or whoever is meeting them put across some points I have jotted down I have in recent days noticed some discrepancies in Venkys statements and I believe this is a massive opportunity to get all our points across I will be making a computer document of all the points that I can remember if I email you the word document would you put my points across?.

• Backroom

Not sure who else was at the radio lancs event but there was one guy there who spoke brilliantly.

Sandy haired chap anyone any idea who it was?

I agree, need to get the message across in a reasoned manner, there is plenty of stuff that can be used to highlight the poor management of the club over the last 14 months.

Might be an idea though if this crew are found to be skewing the issue to have a few hooli chavs waiting outside in a tranny van complete with effigies, petrol and matches! Dunno if you've ever been in the Boy Scouts Kamy but if you had you'd have learned to 'Be prepared' at all times. ^_^

N.B. Please note before any wisecracks that I've never been in that organisation...... nor have I ever been in a boy scout!!

Archived