BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It could have been much worse

steven

I wonder if he ever came through on his promise of funding scholarships for Blackburn Cathedral?

I think it was confirmed a while back that he did give them the money.

Quite why he did that I'm not sure...I can only presume he thought it would enhance his chances of capturing Rovers. Pretty risky gamble if you're a charlatan with little actual money...

• 2 years later...

Not sure if Syed would have been worse or not, as at least he might have been spectacularly bad then on his way, rather than the slow, numbing degradation of our club under the Venkys who don't seem to want to go away.

However, amongst this European Paper Round-Up is a quick update of the disasters Syed is unleashing in other spheres of the football world..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/video/2014/jan/31/james-richardson-european-paper-review-video

Don't let PhilipL hear you say that Chris. Don't forget it was all a stitch up by Goldberg according to the pro Syed gang.

Unfortunately for PhillipL he painted himself into such a corner with Syed that he seemed to be compelled into badmouthing Venkys* at every opportunity. That lead to gross exaggerations about them and scaremongering (Maradonna, administration, Scudamore's 'beads of sweat')

He seems to be taking a sabbatical, perhaps he is using that to reflect on his online persona.

*No I'm not a fan of or apologists for Venkys. Nor do I fancy Mrs D.

Don't let PhilipL hear you say that Chris. Don't forget it was all a stitch up by Goldberg according to the pro Syed gang.

Whilst not one of the pro syed gang, does make me wonder why 5live didn't want to do their investigative journalist bit on the V's and their associates on takeover and for a couple of years after it. Could someone have seen Syed as a serious threat at one stage to a plan in the making and used his contacts to discredit it ?

Probably would have still passed the fit and proper person's test though

Whilst not one of the pro syed gang, does make me wonder why 5live didn't want to do their investigative journalist bit on the V's and their associates on takeover and for a couple of years after it. Could someone have seen Syed as a serious threat at one stage to a plan in the making and used his contacts to discredit it ?

Probably would have still passed the fit and proper person's test though

This sounds right on the money to me.

It's no good people congratulating Goldberg et al for warding off Sayed when you consider where we were, where we are now and who got very keaning rich in the process.

There was no lucky escape, just a longer rope.

This sounds right on the money to me.

It's no good people congratulating Goldberg et al for warding off Sayed when you consider where we were, where we are now and who got very keaning rich in the process.

There was no lucky escape, just a longer rope.

I'm in danger of being stalked by the Caps Monster here but we are a million miles away from where poor Racing are. When we aren't paying our players for months on end, playing in a regional league and in very real danger of disappearing into non existence then I might agree that we are on the end of a long rope. Syed put diddly into Santander and he would have done the same to us. Not something you can say of the gibbering buffoons in Pune.

Guest Norbert

At least our circus is still going despite all the errors made by the Raos. Syed has set about conning the whole club and sought to defraud a city from the outset.

From what I understand Syed never paid for his shares and that is apparently behind a judicial decision to distribute them amongst Racing's supporter and former player groups. That, along with the City Council's shareholding, has been enough to oust the last vestiges of Syed's involvement.

The courts have put Racing into the hands of people that care about the club so now starts the long road back to La Liga. Ironic that should be how things have worked out, I wonder if the two Ians would be at the Ewood helm now if Phillipl's mate had got his sticky mits on the club? And whether they would have had to arrest a slide to the Skrill Premier?

What truly astounds me is how the hell on earth do these fraudsters think they can get away with it all??????

What astounds me is how people manage to fall for the con? Do business people not understand if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Got an email from z nice man in Nigeria yesterday........I just have to pay him £10,000 and I can retire to a life of luxury.

What astounds me is how people manage to fall for the con? Do business people not understand if it looks too good to be true it probably is.

Got an email from z nice man in Nigeria yesterday........I just have to pay him £10,000 and I can retire to a life of luxury.

It depends on how good the salesman is (and yes who he and his business partners have in their pockets, granted) - Venky's fell for it and we keep getting told what good businessmen/businesswomen they are

Not Mugabe was it?

Guest Norbert

I was being a bit pedantic as usual. Anyway, I'm not sure Mugabe and Zimbabwe can pay for a can of coke right now, so they might be using their one remaining computer to scam people on the internet.

Archived