BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brad Friedel

colin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you not post this article the other week or am I losing it instead?

Either way probably one of 3 players we can call world class to play for Rovers in the last 20 years. Could have gone to a Top club in Europe whilst playing for us and probably could have gone to one when he went to Villa, its perhaps amazing that he has never played in the Champions League.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/26307-an-article-about-brad-friedel/

Indeed Im not going crazy Colin :P

Did you not post this article the other week or am I losing it instead?

It's a "senior moment" by me. Like getting to the top of the stairs and then forgetting why you went up there.

I'm losing it, not you.

Agreed. Always in top condition, incredible shot stopper, hardly ever makes a mistake

World class

Would you accept that as an amendment, Drover? He's still playing well for Spurs and, even though he turns 41 the week after this season ends, probably has at least one more full season after this in him.

It's a "senior moment" by me. Like getting to the top of the stairs and then forgetting why you went up there.

I'm losing it, not you.

You must be but a youngster?

When I get to the top of the stairs I can't remember if I was going up or down.

• 8 months later...
  • Backroom

One of the best goalkeepers of my lifetime, and by all accounts a great bloke too. Exactly the type of person the game needs more of. More Friedels and less Bartons and Rooneys and perhaps the reputation of the game wouldn't be in the gutter.

One of the best goalkeepers of my lifetime, and by all accounts a great bloke too. Exactly the type of person the game needs more of. More Friedels and less Bartons and Rooneys and perhaps the reputation of the game wouldn't be in the gutter.

+1

+1

Absolute legend, worth at least 12-15 points a season, had utmost confidence in him when a striker went clean through, can't say the current no.1 does.

Seems to read the game well whenever I've seen/heard him as a pundit also but just can't see him as a manager

without exception, our best since Roger Jones.

Quite simply the best that I have seen in 50 years. If Roger Jones had been as good as the misty eyed romantics claim he wouldn't have played for us for so long.

I've a feeling Levy had a hand in this matter. Brad has been in top form on the spurs matches that I have seen this season so no doubt keeping a 12m keeper on the bench because a 43 year old is better reflects poorly on the Spurs heirarchy.

Archived