BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] How much would you pay to watch Rovers?

I nipped out for a pint last night to get some post-match reaction from those who still attend games to get the latest on the chicken funny farm.

There was a bloke from Farrington ( I used to go to games with his brother years back in my Leyland days) who said he has not been for 3 or 4 years after being charged £35 to watch Rovers get beat 4 v 3 by Bolton. Does he not realise that Rovers could not give away tickets now! He clearly has not heard of "3 for a Tenner".

How much do you think Rovers should charge next season, ST and per match, and how much would you be prepared to pay in both the Premiership and the Chumpionship? Suggest that you focus on the latter!

With the chicken lords and Coco in charge, I wont go to Ewood at £1.00 per ticket, there is no point, its not our club any more,

controlled by idiots, managed by an imposter and in my opinion a bare faced liar, I have no affection with this regime, yes I want us to win, but with new owners, even in the Championship, I would pay £25.00 per ticket!

Not going to Rovers for 5 years because he bought the most expensive ticket in the ground for one match? The last 4 seasons it's been £15 a time against Bolton.

£250 for a PL season ticket is an absolute bargain, however the countless folk I am talking to saying 'they won't renew under these owners, money isn't the issue'.

Championship? It's so hard to judge what will happen on price, massively increasing price for an inferior product is business suicide, but what choice does the club have?

With venkys owning the club 0. Someone else owning 450 a season either PL or Champ. 25 a game

25 is about right imo.

Cheap or even free tickets sound a good idea but it isn't healthy for the club. Setting prices below Championship prices is foolhardy. It simply devalues the product and creates serious problems should relegation happen. Facing a lower standard of football and seeing ST prices virtually double is a marketing nightmare. Having said that some of the prices charged by other clubs in the Prem is ludicrously ott. Being asked to subsidise the fantasy lifestyles of disloyal millionaires brats does not rest easy with me.

Taking into account everything that has happened during the last 18 months, I think Venkys believed that keeping the season ticket prices low was more than possible and would keep fans onside. Had they known then what they know now, I think that they would have increased prices and accepted the loss of footfall.

Whatever league we are in next year. I think the low price season tickets are over. If Venkys are not prepared to put in their own money, I expect they may look to increase revenue whilst putting the fan unrest to bed. Effectively milking (and inadvertently punishing) the most loyal fans. Where that "loyalty line" ends up will depend on how steep the increases.

If we are relegated, a lot of people will not renew simply down to the increase in price of season tickets. It's just the economics of the area and other priorities people have. However, many people will make the, very reasonable, excuse that their decision is down to Venkys and Kean, and in fairness it would be a factor in the decision.

Of course there will be those who can afford whatever prices are published and will boycott for exactly that principle but I think this will be a smaller number than the financially affected.

I am firmly on the fence with regards renewal. I could (for now at least) probably afford a significant price hike (say double) but I'll have an extra junior to bring next year, and would probably have to do it on the tick. However, I'm absolutely horrified at the thought of giving my money to Venkys and it not being used in line with what the fans want. Particularly the thought of that money going to agents.

I'd prefer they come out and quote us a figure for paying off Kean and paying a proper manager for 12 months. Divide that figure amongst the current season ticket holders for acceptance. (Assuming they haven't agreed a stupid number for Kean's pay off). Sadly if things are so bad that the FD is effectively picking the team that, and reasonably priced season tickets, are a pipe dream.

Whilst Kean is manager I will not spend another penny on Rovers so no season ticket next year at any price. However if the Venkys have gone, and therefore Kean also, I am not short of a few bob, so I would pay whatever it takes, within reason, to help the club recover from what these clowns have done.

Whilst Kean is manager I will not spend another penny on Rovers so no season ticket next year at any price. However if the Venkys have gone, and therefore Kean also, I am not short of a few bob, so I would pay whatever it takes, within reason, to help the club recover from what these clowns have done.

+1

Rovers are about the only club who have their ticket prices right.

The price of watching most teams is utterly ridiculous, and we only appear so much of a bargain in comparison.

The influx of TV money in recent years should have seen tickets become more affordable for fans - instead it just made players greedier, and clubs more irresponsible. Ticket prices, like players wages, have increased at a far higher rate than inflation.

I think a regular, working man should be able to take his kids to football on a weekend without having to scrimp, save and go without.

Great point Miller. Sadly, as Gordon has pointed out it's funding the lavish lifestyles of players. If we are cutting out cloth, we will have the poorest players.

Doesn't make it right but it's where we are thanks to the abolition of the maximum wage and the fallout from Bosman.

How do you reverse it? You don't. Unless fans of other clubs stop paying/attending/watching Sky, it will be allowed to continue - supply and demand. Until that point, we will continue to be "cheap".*

You just have to wait for football to eat itself.

EDIT: *in the unlikely event we don't increase prices.

Bolton have already released theirs - £285 for an early bird one, rising to £340ish if you wait and see what happens.

Don't think Rovers would dare to release ours now - imagine getting a st renewal pack though (if ever they can be arsed to post them) with Kean's gurning face on the front :!:

Bolton have already released theirs - £285 for an early bird one, rising to £340ish if you wait and see what happens.

Don't think Rovers would dare to release ours now - imagine getting a st renewal pack though (if ever they can be arsed to post them) with Kean's gurning face on the front :!:

Indeed Clare.

Should they go with

Steve-Kean_AI_2088241c.jpg

Or

Steve-Kean--005.jpg

Decisions, decisions...

£300 in the PL, £250 in the Championship. Has to be remembered though that about 90% of all clubs fail to even make that limit. Rovers come in significantly below it. Say what you want about everything else thats going on but our prices are something that don't happen pretty much anywhere else, didn't happen in the past and probably won't happen in the future. To me you'd have to be mad to call yourself a Rovers fan and not have taken advantage of it over the last few years.

+1

Agree 100%

Value for money wise I think Kean owes me a few quid for the past 14 months.

I think £10-15 per game is about right too - pretty much inline with what STH's pay.

However, I wont be renewing with Kean and Venkys there, no matter what division we end up in.

Archived