BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Guantanamo Bay in the Darwen End

1. No increase in security - Blatant lie unless he moved stewards from other areas of the ground, because there were definitely more outside the Darwen End.

2. Away fans and home fans treated the same - Blatant lie.

3. Not everyone searched - At least 90% were searched, so intentionally misleading comment there.

4. Done to stop banners being brought in - Maybe they have the law on their side, but what a disgraceful removal of people's freedom of speech. The first football club in the country to bring in this policy?

5. A small number of supporters not happy - Maybe as a percentage of our whole support, but as a percentage of those who actually had to put up with it, I'd say just about everyone wasn't happy.

What a ******* joke.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the chants? Surgical voice box removal at the turnstyle?

Singing will be banned next. I wonder if the class singing Kean or Venkys out as a form of discriminatory singing like they do with Banners! That means according to ground regs we should all be ejected from stadium

1. No increase in security - Blatant lie unless he moved stewards from other areas of the ground, because there were definitely more outside the Darwen End.

2. Away fans and home fans treated the same - Blatant lie.

3. Not everyone searched - At least 90% were searched, so intentionally misleading comment there.

4. Done to stop banners being brought in - Maybe they have the law on their side, but what a disgraceful removal of people's freedom of speech. The first football club in the country to bring in this policy?

5. A small number of supporters not happy - Maybe as a percentage of our whole support, but as a percentage of those who actually had to put up with it, I'd say just about everyone wasn't happy.

What a ******* joke.

= more fans lost

For those who asked earlier,

Head of stadium and security

Chris Whalley

Football Association

25 Soho Square

London

W1D 4FA

Any searches other than the removal of coat and gloves is illegal without warrant, no wallets or small pockets may be searched and each Steward must give their name if asked, you can refuse to be searched in public and ask to be searched in a secure place with a witness, as for Children, I think they are treading on very thin ice, just one accusation of inappropriate touching would send shockwaves throughout the football world and John Newsome should know better.

Wonder how many banners will be stopped if we are relegated with games to play?

Stewards doing themselves out of a job as there wont be any fans to steward soon anyway and at least half will be fired if we go down.

I have'nt missed it since I stopped going as a home game was no longer a fun family day out. This club is not the same club that my dad took me too when I was a nipper and got me hooked and I wont go back until it is, I wont give these onwers another penny to fund their retirement fund and I certainly would not have allowed my children to be searched.

Shocking behaviour, I long for the day these idiots one and all are slung from the club that they are trying so hard to destroy.

Wonder how many banners will be stopped if we are relegated with games to play?

Stewards doing themselves out of a job as there wont be any fans to steward soon anyway and at least half will be fired if we go down.

I have'nt missed it since I stopped going as a home game was no longer a fun family day out. This club is not the same club that my dad took me too when I was a nipper and got me hooked and I wont go back until it is, I wont give these onwers another penny to fund their retirement fund and I certainly would not have allowed my children to be searched.

Shocking behaviour, I long for the day these idiots one and all are slung from the club that they are trying so hard to destroy.

I nwas a guest at Accrington Stanley on Saturday, what a difference, the supporters felt they 'belonged to the football club, the Stewards and staff were most welcoming and each supporter felt and indeed was welcome, with Kean and Venkys here at Rovers, I may go there next season instead, I will only return when the old woman of Pune and here deluded family (Kean included) leave Rovers.

For those who asked earlier,

Head of stadium and security

Chris Whalley

Football Association

25 Soho Square

London

W1D 4FA

Any searches other than the removal of coat and gloves is illegal without warrant, no wallets or small pockets may be searched and each Steward must give their name if asked, you can refuse to be searched in public and ask to be searched in a secure place with a witness, as for Children, I think they are treading on very thin ice, just one accusation of inappropriate touching would send shockwaves throughout the football world and John Newsome should know better.

My recollection; and it is some years since I needed to know so am happy to stand corrected;

The stewards request to search you. They are allowed to do this. You either let them or not.

If you refuse they can refuse you entry to the ground.

Pretty sure people from the DE were moaning about banners obstructing their view of the match after the QPR game....

Sounds like daft stewarding but also a mass over-reaction on here, any reason to moan is jumped upon these days.

My recollection; and it is some years since I needed to know so am happy to stand corrected;

The stewards request to search you. They are allowed to do this. You either let them or not.

That is how I understand it. I have seen stewards asking to look in.peoples bags at various football grounds. That is also a search.

That is not the point Pafell.

The issue is that this stinks, the club stinks and we are being shafted by power crazed wallies.

I have seen stewards asking to look in peoples bags at other grounds, as well as ewood park.

Yes you can refuse, the stewards have to tell you a) why they are searching you, what they are looking for and are most definately not allowed to ask you to remove anything other than a coat and gloves (headwear if on religious grounds too)

They cannot search or handle children or indeed anyone nowadays, but especially minors, without CRB checks and I do know of two stewards who were searching on Saturday had not got these!

They cannot search or handle children or indeed anyone nowadays, but especially minors, without CRB checks and I do know of two stewards who were searching on Saturday had not got these!

Well if that's true it's pretty fecking serious!

I've been searched at many an away ground, if I've brought a bag to Ewood, that's been searched, so no issues there.

But this feels different to me, mass searching of only the DEnders? Not allowing dissent? On who's bidding? Steve fecking Kean?

It's a poor do.

Well if that's true it's pretty fecking serious!

I have emailed Chris Whalley asking for proof that all the stewards at Rovers have CRB checks!!

Its £42.00 per each steward for a check and has to be renewed, how many stewards, how many do one game and quit?

The cost would be enormous over a season!!

I've been searched at many an away ground, if I've brought a bag to Ewood, that's been searched, so no issues there.

But this feels different to me, mass searching of only the DEnders? Not allowing dissent? On who's bidding? Steve fecking Kean?

It's a poor do.

The statement says they were trialling a new system on the DE, I imagine they would introduce it to other stands if it was deemed a success, although I doubt it will be viewed as that now.

Well if it's an official club statement, who are we to argue?

IF they were trialling a new system it would make sense to do it in the DE. That could be a load of cobblers, or it could be the honest truth, but people are just making assumptions. People are acting like scousers on here now making out like they're being victimised all the time.

IF they were trialling a new system it would make sense to do it in the DE. That could be a load of cobblers, or it could be the honest truth, but people are just making assumptions. People are acting like scousers on here now making out like they're being victimised all the time.

This doesn't feel wrong to you?

I look forward to next home game.

I will begin by asking if they have a CRB check, then asking for evidence. I will then be asking to be searched privately with a witness in a secure room.

I have emailed Chris Whalley asking for proof that all the stewards at Rovers have CRB checks!!

Its £42.00 per each steward for a check and has to be renewed, how many stewards, how many do one game and quit?

The cost would be enormous over a season!!

I know for fact that stewards doing one days temp work at other clubs do not have there CRB's checked or even asked for.

Archived