BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Guantanamo Bay in the Darwen End

I've been searched going in to the BBE about 4 times this season.

They even took my can of coke off me on one occasion. (true story)

It didn't bother me too much.

Worse things happen at sea and all that.

Ps. Wasn't we searched in a similar way at the DW stadium this season? Single file and everyone patted down?

I don't know why I put question marks to be honest because I know we were.

They'd take a can of coke off you at most places to be honest due to the obvious damage you could cause launching it at someone.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'd take a can of coke off you at most places to be honest due to the obvious damage you could cause launching it at someone.

True but then during winter I take a stainless steel flask to the games with me and it has never been questioned. That would hurt more if it was thrown and hit somebody. You can also buy boiling hot tea or coffee inside the stadium - imagine that being thrown at somebody. Where do you draw the line though?

Similarly it is an offence to try and enter a sporting arena whilst drunk but the huge anomaly is that you can enter stone cold sober and get legless once inside.

True but then during winter I take a stainless steel flask to the games with me and it has never been questioned. That would hurt more if it was thrown and hit somebody. You can also buy boiling hot tea or coffee inside the stadium - imagine that being thrown at somebody. Where do you draw the line though?

Similarly it is an offence to try and enter a sporting arena whilst drunk but the huge anomaly is that you can enter stone cold sober and get legless once inside.

Easy to slash someone in the face with a can. Unfortunately common too, thats the difference there.

I've been searched going in to the BBE about 4 times this season.

They even took my can of coke off me on one occasion. (true story)

It didn't bother me too much.

Worse things happen at sea and all that.

Ps. Wasn't we searched in a similar way at the DW stadium this season? Single file and everyone patted down?

I don't know why I put question marks to be honest because I know we were.

It's happened a lot at away games this season......

On the request of Mr Newsham.

Another anomaly is you can go the DW stadium and watch Rugby and drink alcohol in your seat, at a football game its an offence.

I personally am amused at most games when they confiscate the lid off my soft drink so I cant injure people by throwing it at them. I doubt anyone could throw from where I sit in the JW Upper (BB End side) into the Darwen End stand.

Has anyone seen any evidence of these anti-protest people threatening the protestors? If so, surely the club are banning them from Ewood?

Has anyone contacted the FSF about the treatment of fans? Pretty sure they would be interested..

It makes me laugh so much that the club/owners/jobsworth thinks the best way to end the protests is to stop people taking banners into the ground. Genius.

Newsham probably allowed himself a celebratory tilt of his chair, barely able to contain the smile on his face thinking "He'd cracked it"

As for inflammatory messages, it was my understanding that the word "Kean" was in fact a swear word in the town of Blackburn these days. So probably a good idea to stop those coming into the ground, you know with the family atmosphere and all that.

Seriously, we are an embarrassment of a football club.

I seem to recall being patted down at West Ham, Spurs, Man Utd, amongst others all before Venkys appeared. It's pretty commonplace.

Yet this year at Ewood I wasn't even questioned when I took a small suitcase in to the Newcastle match.

Think there's a lot more to genuinely complain about.

This

Graham le Saux was there. Walked back out of the DE three times to get searched going back in

and this

Does he get a queer buzz from being frisked?

says more about the posters than Le Saux's sexuality.

Gentlemen, this is the 21st century. If you can't live with people of an alternative lifestyle (in that, I'm not saying Le Saux was gay, his Wikipedia entry says he's straight, which I can fully accept), then you are part of an ever decreasing minority on this earth. It's time you caught up.

Carry on with the rest of the thread.....

Tell you what dave after meeting his better half back in his time here . If his his partner was gay then I am . If I recollect I'm sure she was Argentinian , however no matter where she was from she was absolutely stunning!

This

and this

says more about the posters than Le Saux's sexuality.

Gentlemen, this is the 21st century. If you can't live with people of an alternative lifestyle (in that, I'm not saying Le Saux was gay, his Wikipedia entry says he's straight, which I can fully accept), then you are part of an ever decreasing minority on this earth. It's time you caught up.

Carry on with the rest of the thread.....

It was only supposed to be a joke, didn't know you were so sensitive Dave

Think there's a lot more to genuinely complain about.

There is, you're right.

Some fans though, just see it as another change in attitude of the club, towards the fans. The way to stop fans getting angry, is to deal with the reasons for the anger. The way forward, isn't to needlessly confront fans at every opportunity.

Is it any wonder mr newsham is turning like this of a sudden when he is retireing at end of season, he is doing what he has been told by the empty head what are higher than him, and he will do everything they tell him cause he will have a huge fat pay off at end of season!!!

Another nice little trick by the pillocks in charge, if they want war with fans they can have it simply as!!!

Not just the searchs but banners aswell, villa fans have mccliesh banner out, they must of been searched like us (NOT)

how stupid do they think we are if there aloowed to pull it out and not have it taken off them then we are aloowed ares simply as!!!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9572795.Blackburn_Rovers_fans_kick_off_at_being_searched/

Good on the LET for doing an article about it and good on everyone who wrote to them and the club. Hopefully Newsham and co are starting to realise its more trouble than its worth trying this again.

Comments from the club perhaps illustrates the Rao family don't like their name/brand tarnished in public - keep it up I say.

exactly pal nail on the head thats why it should carry on and more people join in with things, ie, makeing banners and stuff to have at games

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9572795.Blackburn_Rovers_fans_kick_off_at_being_searched/

Good on the LET for doing an article about it and good on everyone who wrote to them and the club. Hopefully Newsham and co are starting to realise its more trouble than its worth trying this again.

C'mon Venky, we said we want 'the family feel', not 'give the family a feel'. :rolleyes:

Archived