BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Sunderland Preview

I hate the negativity here.

That's what I think the score will be. Doesn't mean I'm not optimistic regarding our survival. Things seem to be setting up for a win, and that never bodes well for Rovers ;)

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you think the messiah will lose at home ...and you say your not on WU .

I'm gutted I'm not working and will now be coming .

10-0 I was impressed with ags n hunt . Hail the venkys ,

Do you even understand your own posts?

I reckon we'll draw... Kean will hail it as "momentum" (remember last season?)

A draw would be a good result. Like the Villa one. I'm glad it was a win against Wolves and a draw against Villa and not the other way around. The same will apply if we can manage the same against Sunderland and Bolton, though a pair of draws would be decent enough. I'd certainly take a defeat to Sunderland with a win against Bolton.

he is extracting the Michael from you and you bit

:lol:

At least someone gets it haha

A draw would be a good result. Like the Villa one. I'm glad it was a win against Wolves and a draw against Villa and not the other way around. The same will apply if we can manage the same against Sunderland and Bolton, though a pair of draws would be decent enough. I'd certainly take a defeat to Sunderland with a win against Bolton.

Only a loser accepts a defeat .

he is extracting the Michael from you and you bit

:lol:

I understand it was sarcasm, I was just wondering if he bothered reading exactly what he typed before sending since it looked like he typed it whilst sitting on half the keyboard.

At least someone gets it haha

Only a loser accepts a defeat .

So you would not be satisfied with the point haul after a defeat to Sunderland and a win against Bolton when followed up with a win againt Wolves and a draw against Villa? It's hardly relegation form and it's victories in the right places.

Obviously I'm not going to say 'I'd accept it if we win every game forever more', as that goes without saying.

• Backroom

I would accept a draw. Not a loss, though, we've lost too many home games already and I'm not really confident we'll beat Bolton.

I would accept a draw. Not a loss, though, we've lost too many home games already and I'm not really confident we'll beat Bolton.

I was saying would you accept a loss IF it meant we beat Bolton. Totally hypothetical and pointless of course, but that was what the fictional scenario was.

• Backroom

I was saying would you accept a loss IF it meant we beat Bolton. Totally hypothetical and pointless of course, but that was what the fictional scenario was.

Is difficult to say, as it would depend on results around us really. In some scenarios you would accept it, in others it wouldn't be enough. At this point my belief is that we can't afford to drop any more points at home.

Is difficult to say, as it would depend on results around us really. In some scenarios you would accept it, in others it wouldn't be enough. At this point my belief is that we can't afford to drop any more points at home.

You're not going to be happy then ;)

Keep the faith Bradders...

I don't think we'll get relegated. I just think we can afford not to finish the season with a 5 game home winning streak/7 game home unbeaten run (or whatever it will be if we don't drop any more points at home) including games against Manchester United going for the title and Liverpool competing for Europe and still stop up. Still, might as well aim high.

Sunderland looking very impressive at half-time v Everton. Good team shape and excellent work rate. Bridge looks a weak link as always, tidy on the ball but not a defender. Their midfield looks busy but a bit predictable without Sessignon. It's feisty so maybe there'll be a few knocks and cards in the second half. A draw would suit us fine.

Second half they weren't as impressive and Everton should have really won the game. Bendter did nothing and Campbell nearly nothing, Larsen was steady out on the right but he couldn't run past my grannie, he's about as one paced as Pedersen. Centre midfield is very one dimensional, just hard working grafters without much guile. The one danger was the young Irish lad on the left wing, he's a big quick willing worker who'll run with the ball all afternoon. His problem is he likes to get onto his left foot all the time so he gives defenders a bit of a chance.

If they play like they did in the second half we should come away with the points, we just need to match the fast tempo they began the game with.

For the first time this season , I think we have a chance of staying up ..First must get something from the Sunderland game a victory would be fantastic but unlikely Sunderland are difficult opponents but having to replay Everton might just work in our favour...

It is looking like another 7 points will probably be enough , personally I do not think we are good enough to pull clear and a injury or 2 to pivotal players could take us down the Wolves route of 6 defeats on the trot..Our squad is dire to many players not championship standard let alone premier ..

Also , I think the tragic events at Spurs last night will galvanise Bolton and make our game if played next Saturday all the more difficult ...

All I ask of Kean is to not select Petrovic or Goodwillie even as subs ..

Also , I think the tragic events at Spurs last night will galvanise Bolton and make our game if played next Saturday all the more difficult ...

Yes, I can see them rallying and pulling out a big effort for Fabrice. They will be playing with heart, which will give them an extra yard or two everywhere.

With the very sad situation at Bolton, I see this game becoming a must win. If the Bolton game goes ahead, Rovers will be in the most impossible of situations with the world wanting the Trotters to win it fir Fabrice.

Unfortunately, I just cannot see Coco not getting completely thrashed by O'Neill. We are going to have to get very lucky tomorrow night.

For the first time this season , I think we have a chance of staying up ..First must get something from the Sunderland game a victory would be fantastic but unlikely Sunderland are difficult opponents but having to replay Everton might just work in our favour...

It is looking like another 7 points will probably be enough , personally I do not think we are good enough to pull clear and a injury or 2 to pivotal players could take us down the Wolves route of 6 defeats on the trot..Our squad is dire to many players not championship standard let alone premier ..

All I ask of Kean is to not select Petrovic or Goodwillie even as subs ..

Which of our players are not Championship standard?

I presume you haven't seen Petrovic recently.

With the very sad situation at Bolton, I see this game becoming a must win. If the Bolton game goes ahead, Rovers will be in the most impossible of situations with the world wanting the Trotters to win it fir Fabrice.

Unfortunately, I just cannot see Coco not getting completely thrashed by O'Neill. We are going to have to get very lucky tomorrow night.

We are in the fortunate postions of having no must wins as of yet. A few mustn't loses against the teams around us, and even then with a three point buffer we could survive a defeat. I'd be disappointed if that's what happened, but let's not get too reactionary. Long way to go.

Very good time to be playing Sunderland. They are missing two key players through suspension and may decide to rest some players after playing on saturday. They are comfortably in mid table and have an important FA cup replay to consider so motivation for them may be a problem.

I would expect us to win this one as I don't think Sunderland will be up for it. However, I also expect QPR to get a result against Liverpool.

Massive opportunity to go six points from the drop zone, I personally reckon it will be a draw but I can't see getting two clean sheets in a row after it's taken us so long to achieve that last one so I'll go for a score draw, 1-1.

Massive opportunity to go six points from the drop zone, I personally reckon it will be a draw but I can't see getting two clean sheets in a row after it's taken us so long to achieve that last one so I'll go for a score draw, 1-1.

Clean sheets are like buses...

Guest Rovers4Good

Team for tomorrow will be as follows:

GK: Robinson

RB: Lowe

LB: Olsson

CB: Hanley

CB: Dann

RW: Hoilett

LW: Olsson

CM: Nzonzi

CM: Pederson

CF: Formica

CF: Yakubu

Positions may be different but that's the team. :)

Archived