BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] old songs

:rover: was at a barby yesterday and we all had a few too many,mainly ex-pats.songs were sung,nfl,rugger,baseball,gaelic footie.i came up with a classic.

Bertie Mee said to Bill Shankley have you heard of the north bank highbury

Shanks said no i don,t think so but ive heard of the BLACKBURN ROVERS :blush::brfc:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

REMEMBER THE SONG FOR OUR WELSH MIDFIELD DYNAMO:-

Giveus a Goaaal; Give us a Goaaal -Barry Hole, Barry Hole

AND THE CLASSIC

Aye Aye Aye Aye, Barton is better than Yashin and Douglas is better than Eusebio and Carlisle are in for a thrashing.

But the problem with the new version of 'Singin' the Blues..' - the kids are singing it the wrong way round. They are singing ' I've never felt quite like singin' the blues, when Rovers win and Burnley lose'. I used to always sing the other way round. Why would you sing the blues about Rovers winning and Burnley losing? The blues are normally sang when upset I though, so it should be sang 'I've never felt like singing the blues, when Burnley win and Rovers lose, oh Rovers you've got me singin the blues...'

But the problem with the new version of 'Singin' the Blues..' - the kids are singing it the wrong way round. They are singing ' I've never felt quite like singin' the blues, when Rovers win and Burnley lose'. I used to always sing the other way round. Why would you sing the blues about Rovers winning and Burnley losing? The blues are normally sang when upset I though, so it should be sang 'I've never felt like singing the blues, when Burnley win and Rovers lose, oh Rovers you've got me singin the blues...'

:blink: I think youre confusing 'The Blues (music), with 'The Blues' (rovers). It's sung to acclaim a rovers victory and is celebratory!

'You've got me singing the Blues' has made a welcome return after years on hiatus.

One of the best all time Rovers songs for me and I am really pleased it has made a return. For some reason the BE won't join in, but I am working on that.

I used to like;

"Bring out the Rovers" - "We are the Champions" - "Bring out the Rovers" - "Champions of Europe" - "Bring out the Rovers" - "Still hate Burnley" - "Bring out the Rovers" - "Blues" - prior to every game.

In the mid to late 80's this song could start at 2.30pm and still be heard moments before the team came out. It was good fun on the BE at that time and I also enjoyed watching our football.

I'll be shot for saying it but too many of our main songs have swearing in them.

The world has moved on and a lot more women and children go to Rovers now. So a lot of the songs die a death because the majority of the ground don't join in.

We need more match day songs with that are a bit more accessible. At present only barmy army makes its way around the sides.

But not wet like the Wild Rover remake.

Goals also help stretch people's vocal chords though! :D

I'll be shot for saying it but too many of our main songs have swearing in them.

The world has moved on and a lot more women and children go to Rovers now. So a lot of the songs die a death because the majority of the ground don't join in.

We need more match day songs with that are a bit more accessible. At present only barmy army makes its way around the sides.

But not wet like the Wild Rover remake.

Goals also help stretch people's vocal chords though! :D

Think you're talking wet Stu ;) , most parents turn a blind eye to their kid swearing through song at a footy match. Mine always did, it's a right of passage.

Think you're talking wet Stu ;) , most parents turn a blind eye to their kid swearing through song at a footy match. Mine always did, it's a right of passage.

I won't swear in front of my son - even at a football match.

Why do you think it is then that barmy army and gerrintoem are so noisy yet our version of Blaydon Races fades away in the middle?

I won't swear in front of my son - even at a football match.

Why do you think it is then that barmy army and gerrintoem are so noisy yet our version of Blaydon Races fades away in the middle?

'get into em' is an appalling chant that luckily has died away.

When Ewood is rocking they all get sung with gusto. Think you are looking too deeply into it.

Top 5 cringhworthy songs at Ewood.

1.Get into em.

2.Barmy army.........Rovers fans are the least barmy fans in the country.

3.If I had the wings of an angel.

4.Da da da da da da da da daaaa da da da da da da da Ruvverz.

5.There's only one Jack Walker.

Just thought I would end the week on a negative. :lol:

From late 70s early 80s to the tune of The Floral Dance (don't ask).

I thought I heard the curious tone

Of the Burnley fans as they start to moan

Hard to smile when you'r 3 goals down

Rovers giving you the run around

Sometimes it's hard to win away

BUT NOT AT BURNLEY ON A BOXING DAY!

'We are the Blackburn End' to the tune of 'those were the days my friend', (I was always a Riversider in those days).

'Noel Noel, Noel Noel, he is the king of Ewood park.

Bobby Bobby Bobby.....Hoy Hoy Hoy.

Bohinen...Bohinen (to the Vikings tune).

Archived