BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im eagerly awaiting more comments from all the rovers fans who claimed the zonz was trash a few weeks ago.

These are among my worst kind of posts.....it's not really about pointing out the ones who didn't rate Nzonzi....it's actually about you pointing out that you have always rated him.

Fair play to you mate....I rated him highly too as did many others but most of us aren't big-headed enough to say something like that.

Don't stop there though, why don't you just do a thenodrog and post all your previous statements where you have praised Nzonzi.

We had about 3 decent seasons out of him imo...and decent is definitely an understatement....he was one of our best players last year alone it's just our joke "tactics" prevented him from doing anything.

I'm still glad we dropped him though at crunch time at the end of the season......that certainly worked out alright for us didn't it....8 losses out of 9 was it? That isn't a coincidence.

We had about 3 decent seasons out of him imo...and decent is definitely an understatement....he was one of our best players last year alone it's just our joke "tactics" prevented him from doing anything.

I'm still glad we dropped him though at crunch time at the end of the season......that certainly worked out alright for us didn't it....8 losses out of 9 was it? That isn't a coincidence.

Selective memory. In a similar vein to how people forget just how off the pace and out of his depth Salgado was before he was put out to graze. N'Zonzi does have ability, sadly his attitude and effort wasn't up to scratch even when Big Sam was here and he clearly never gave a (Please don't use that word again) about us and only really showed effort when petulantly elbowing people.

Is this the same Salgado whose performances dropped around the same time as Kean took over?

Nzonzi has lots of ability, dropped for the first part of a season for one reason or another....never noticed his attitude being a problem in games under Sam....just what had happened before, whatever that was.

"He clearly never gave a #### about us".....haha... what, as opposed to all the other players who are Rovers through and through....that's not how football works mate.

His attitude was a problem in that Swansea game against March....fine until then...certainly tried more than a few others noticeably Hoilett.....Robinson clearly likes us but not enough to dive on the floor half the time.

Nzonzi was a really good player for us, just like he will be at Stoke, then the next team who buys him off them soon enough.

Is this the same Salgado whose performances dropped around the same time as Kean took over?

Nzonzi has lots of ability, dropped for the first part of a season for one reason or another....never noticed his attitude being a problem in games under Sam....just what had happened before, whatever that was.

"He clearly never gave a #### about us".....haha... what, as opposed to all the other players who are Rovers through and through....that's not how football works mate.

His attitude was a problem in that Swansea game against March....fine until then...certainly tried more than a few others noticeably Hoilett.....Robinson clearly likes us but not enough to dive on the floor half the time.

Nzonzi was a really good player for us, just like he will be at Stoke, then the next team who buys him off them soon enough.

Sorry mate, I don't agree with you.

I rated Nzonzi but Salgado had " gone " before Kean ever came along, Sorry if this bursts your balloon but that's the reality of the situation.

I rated Nzonzi but Salgado had " gone " before Kean ever came along, Sorry if this bursts your balloon but that's the reality of the situation.

Not quite bursting my bubble or balloon that should say.....everything is subjective after all......he would have been fine with sufficient protection and I thought he was.....Bale, Jerome Thomas and probably a couple more with pace caused him problems but he would eventually adapt in the game.....he was a class act and imo was never a liability under Sam.

Rapidly getting past it but Salgado was Ok with Samba and Emerton to cover for him. Cut adrift by the useless Kean he was exposed by pace time and again. After watching the Boro match on TV I'd still back him to turn and move 10 yards faster than Bradley Orr.

Wow, one good game. We had one good season out of him...then he chose not to try very hard. Good riddance, he was as much use to us as decent car without a key.

Good analogy but you might want to compare a Morris Marina without an engine to his 36 year old replacement.

I think you will have to eat your words about N'Zonzi now he is working under a decent manager.

Rapidly getting past it but Salgado was Ok with Samba and Emerton to cover for him. Cut adrift by the useless Kean he was exposed by pace time and again. After watching the Boro match on TV I'd still back him to turn and move 10 yards faster than Bradley Orr.

Good analogy but you might want to compare a Morris Marina without an engine to his 36 year old replacement.

I think you will have to eat your words about N'Zonzi now he is working under a decent manager.

No I won't, the honeymoon period will wear off and he will soon feel ready for Arsenal again and begin to sulk. He always was and will be an average player balanced out by plus points and negatives.

Totally agree RE Salgado/Kean but in terms of Murphy, I think you/we should hold fire on his execution until we see him played where he should be - in front of the back four. Hopefully our next manager will have some understanding of the game.

No I won't, the honeymoon period will wear off and he will soon feel ready for Arsenal again and begin to sulk. He always was and will be an average player balanced out by plus points and negatives.

Totally agree RE Salgado/Kean but in terms of Murphy, I think you/we should hold fire on his execution until we see him played where he should be - in front of the back four. Hopefully our next manager will have some understanding of the game.

We can't play him in front of the back four. Etuhu plays there too and gets the tackles in. We can't have a midfield cut so utterly adrift of our front line.

We can't play him in front of the back four. Etuhu plays there too and gets the tackles in. We can't have a midfield cut so utterly adrift of our front line.

I disagree, Etuhu and Murphy have been treading on each others toes in midfield. It has been making it even more crowded considering the way that the opposition are onto Murphy in a flash. I think Etuhu is better suited to the Reid type role and Murphy would be better sat in front of the back four picking passes - rather that panicking and struggling for time.

Am I missing something here?

No

Have you been hibernating den? He's gone.

Grief, I was thinking he'd gone on loan.

Point still stands though, he's better than any of our current mids. I guess people will want rid of Givet as well now?

Oh dear, just saw this thread still going with Pedro and a few of the other Keanites still banging on about how letting your best players go is a good thing. Nzonzi has the tools to play in any top league, he's doing well at Stoke because he's good. If we do get a decent manager in soon then that manager is going to wish he had Nzonzi here because he'd run midfields in this league...

Oh dear, just saw this thread still going with Pedro and a few of the other Keanites still banging on about how letting your best players go is a good thing. Nzonzi has the tools to play in any top league, he's doing well at Stoke because he's good. If we do get a decent manager in soon then that manager is going to wish he had Nzonzi here because he'd run midfields in this league...

Agreed.

Keanite? You are obviously a thick, presumptious kean. He didn't want to play for us...what good is that? About as much use as Grella was in the squad.

*haha, love the word change to Kea. Regardless, it started with a c and rhymed with grunt.

Archived