BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

Patrick Vierra was rejected by Milan and virtually forced out after featuring regularly for their reserve team when Arsenal bought him in 97. I'm not suggesting N'Zonzi is as good as the magnificent Vierra but I do think we will see him become a much better and more dominant player than we have seen these past two years. Only time will tell.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nzonzi is a player who's attitude and belief that he is some kind of super player will soon get up Tony Pullis nose and he will be out of another club also rising to 5 million is a good fee for such a stupid immature player.

The fact he can't take a throw in like Delap will see nzonzi shown the door next summer, pullis is a one trick pony. Terrible manager.

Nzonzi like Charlie Adam has made a bad move going to that dump of a club.

The fact he can't take a throw in like Delap will see nzonzi shown the door next summer, pullis is a one trick pony. Terrible manager.

Nzonzi like Charlie Adam has made a bad move going to that dump of a club.

That American full back they've signed seems to have taken over long throw duties. Charlie Adam will add quality at other set piece deliveries, he's as good as anyone in the division at delivering a corner.

N'Zonzi is another giant they can throw forward for all of this. They'll probably have at least 5 players over 6'2 in the box for every set piece (N'Zonzi, Crouch, plus three defenders).

I think N'Zonzi will fit right in at Stoke. The crowd there see Glenn Whelan in the same way we saw Keith Andrews. The fans will take to any replacement immediately.

I've never been a fan of Pulis. He gets a lot of praise in the press but for all the money he's spent what has he really done? I've always thought with a better manager Stoke could have been in a much better position as their owners have been great and very supportive.

I've never been a fan of Pulis. He gets a lot of praise in the press but for all the money he's spent what has he really done? I've always thought with a better manager Stoke could have been in a much better position as their owners have been great and very supportive.

Agree 100%

He has had serious financial backing and squandered a lot of it. They were found out last season and teams know how to play against them now.

Stoke have hit their limits of what they can do with Pulis in charge. There is only so much that can be done with 11 6 foot 5 carthorses steaming into the box/opposition player. If they want to do more than plod along the lower mid table, they'd have to change their manager, which whilst a bit ungrateful to Tony is necessary.

To be fair, he's made them into a secure Premiership club who've played in Europe. There's been a lot more stories of teams failing after spending more than Stoke than there have been teams succeeding whilst spending less.

I do dislike Stoke a lot though.

Stoke have hit their limits of what they can do with Pulis in charge. There is only so much that can be done with 11 6 foot 5 carthorses steaming into the box/opposition player. If they want to do more than plod along the lower mid table, they'd have to change their manager, which whilst a bit ungrateful to Tony is necessary.

Stoke will never win the Prem but they are doing just fine. Pullis is not the purists cup of tea but he is a proper football man and after decades in the lower division the Stokey fans wont be complaining one bit...... or at least not for another decade or so when the memory of plodding around footballs wastelands will finally be wearing off the younger fans and they will be thinking they are something which they are not and never have been. Stoke will be unlikely to even get a CL place given that the stratospheric resources at City, ManU and Chelsea mean that they are likely competing with the likes of Arsenal, Lpool and Spurs for the last spot. They are like we were with Hughes and Allardyce and in a group that finishes above half way and is effectively the best of the rest. For most of the 92 club's supporters that represents success beyond their wildest dreams a footballing Shangri La...... For lots of our fans it was a good chance to crib and criticise the owners, the Trust and the manager.

Just out of interest what do you think Stoke are capable of Norbert?

Glad he's gone, he's bloody useless. Almost as bad as Jason Lowe.

Agreed - vastly over-rated by Rovers fans, never worth £10m, and never did anyone surely expect the club to receive an offer even close?

£3.5m, which rises to £5m isnt a bad deal at all. Get's his wages off the books and also gets rid of his bad, negative, ego from around the place.

I don't recall that he had a negative ego until the Slumdogs trapped up and replaced Allardyce and Williams with Billy Liar and the Fat Controller.

I prefer to think of N'Zonzi according to the old adage..... "The enemy of my enemy is my friend"

Pullis is not the purists cup of tea but he is a proper football man and after decades in the lower division the Stokey fans wont be complaining one bit...... or at least not for another decade or so when the memory of plodding around footballs wastelands will finally be wearing off the younger fans and they will be thinking they are something which they are not and never have been.

Has anyone got any information on this? I mean real things they have heard from Stoke fans, not just speculation based on the made up myth that older fans generally all liked Allardyce as opposed to the younger fans who just don't understand football.......I've heard from some Wolves relatives that the younger ones just like being in the Premier League whereas a sizeable portion of older ones "would prefer proper football down the divisions"....Pulis himself said once there will always be Stoke fans who don't take to him and I watched a couple of their Europa League games they played at home and they barely played any long-ball so he was obviously trying to appease people.

Has anyone got any information on this? I mean real things they have heard from Stoke fans, not just speculation based on the made up myth that older fans generally all liked Allardyce as opposed to the younger fans who just don't understand football.......I've heard from some Wolves relatives that the younger ones just like being in the Premier League whereas a sizeable portion of older ones "would prefer proper football down the divisions"....Pulis himself said once there will always be Stoke fans who don't take to him and I watched a couple of their Europa League games they played at home and they barely played any long-ball so he was obviously trying to appease people.

some Stoke fans on 606 on saturday saying that Pulis neded to go as he'd taken them as far as he could. Personally, without a huge infusion of cash, I think he's probably taken them as far as they can go with any mananger. They might play different football but I don't think they'd finish much higher. And we all know it's better the devil you know.

Of course. I have my own opinion on that which is speculative at best but it's nothing to do with a negative ego.

Is it one you would like to share? I thought the reasons were pretty much water tight and haven't heard any other thoughts on the matter.

Of course. I have my own opinion on that which is speculative at best but it's nothing to do with a negative ego.

Wasn't there something in the papers about a former team mate going ape ###### and holding someone hostage in nzonzis house? Rumour was at the time the club were keeping nzonzi out of the spotlight while all that was investigated.

Might be wrong.

Wasn't there something in the papers about a former team mate going ape ###### and holding someone hostage in nzonzis house? Rumour was at the time the club were keeping nzonzi out of the spotlight while all that was investigated.

Might be wrong.

The best way to keep him out the spotlight would have been to say he was injured, not to publicly question his attitude. (Not me having a go at you, just pointing out the problem with that way of dealing with things)

• Backroom

The best way to keep him out the spotlight would have been to say he was injured, not to publicly question his attitude. (Not me having a go at you, just pointing out the problem with that way of dealing with things)

And when the court case came around?

• 2 weeks later...

"

Pure class today.

One of the best debuts I've ever seen.

Not just a superb performance but a peerless showing against the reigning champions.

He had everything we've been missing.

Cool in possession, mobile, strong in the challenge and positive when near the opposition's box.

More of the same please!

Read more:http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=199523#ixzz26Ym5Ncao

"

Depressing

Archived