BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

• Backroom

Vastly overrated.

Murphy, legs gone and a poster on here said, correctly IMV, he was just an older, less valuable version of Keef !!

Etuhu is a journeyman with poor distribution.

Both sit far too deep and means that teams will continue to overrun us.

Lambs to the slaughter if we make it back to the promised land with these two in central midfield.

I wouldn't say they are vastly over rated as you don't see people raving about them too often these days, Murphy isn't the player he was but Etuhu is very good for this league and has been one of thr best players on the pitch in our two home games.

Out of the two I would prefer Etuhu to Murphy in the team with someone a little more dynamic, so far Murphy has just looked like a deeper sitting Dunn.! Etuhu isn't a journeyman really though and has only had the same amount of clubs as Charlie Adam

Adam has shown he would be class in the league we are in especially but there's no guarantee we would have ever got him.

My main problem with Nzonzi is he's always been too apprehensive to play a ball that half the stadium can see is on he just dithers too long sometimes and that combined with his attitude can hold him back. Stoke may be good for him as Pulis won't take it easy on him and will sort him out plus they aren't a ball playing team and it will allow him to join the attack more often.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a waste, pullis will spoil another midfielder in n'zonzi. Not a fan of stoke, horrible side managed by a man who only plays one way despite spending millions every window on various players.

Good luck Steven.

No sign of your Arsenals, Chelseas, Evertons etc. Just Stoke at the last knockings with a knock down fee which was clearly all that anybody was willing to pay. A fair price for an ordinary payer with baggage.

£3m is not a fair price for a 23 year old proven premier league midfielder still to reach his peak. Oh and Stoke have finished above Everton 2 of last 3 seasons. Guess we'll see, but I reckon Stoke are very happy with that deal.

Why is everyone saying "glad we kept Ollson"? He was terrible last season and doesn't want to be here either. What is the difference between him and Nzonzi?

That being said, Nzonzi infuriated me last season. I think I saw him pass the ball forward once.

He was terrible cos he was played out of position.....on the off chance he isn't this season, he will tear apart C'ship defences......if not he is a good enough LB for the Championship, as well as the Swedish national side.

What a forward pass it was though by Nzonzi.

N'Zonzi is worth what other clubs will pay. Nobody would go over £3m. As they say Stateside "Do the math"

It's not eBay. If you don't get the money you want, you get to keep the player. Would he be worth any less if loaned out for 6 or 12 months to a Premier League club?

If we are to get promoted, what price for a 24 yr old proven premier league midfielder to replace him?

Personally I feel given the current inflated fees N'Zonzi was worth £5-6m. Not sure how much if any involvement Kean would have regarding the fee - for those blaming the Glasgow magcian for the paltry £3m. Kean out.

Nzonzi is a talented footballer but too often his head wasn't with it. £3m is cheap but considering he clearly didn't want to be here I dont think its ridiculously low. He didn't set the prem alight when we were there. I personally feel far more comfortable with Etuhu and Murphy in the middle then Nzonzi and Dunn/Pedersen.

Not a massive loss in my opinion. Preferred to keep Olsson over him.

Spot on

Anyone who says he isn't worth more is deluded tbh.

+1

This fee is nothing. An average Prem player will earn that much in two seasons or less. Think of it like this:

N'zonzi can reasonably be assumed to have approximately nine good seasons left. We just sold him for about 333k a season. Equivalent to the wages of a player on less than 7k a week. This being a player who hasn't reached his peak yet, and will probably be worth at least double what we sold him for at any given time (providing service in the meantime) if he can simply stay at the level he is.

We've let ourselves get forced over a barrel here.

A player is a worth what a club is willing to pay for him. Was there any other club than Stoke that was willing to even match them?

I don't really see what the point of him going on loan would have been. He won't play for Kean, and Kean will be here for as long as he wants, so it makes sense.

Obviously, at any other club Kean would have been sacked long ago, but not at BlacKean Rovers.

Archived