Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The lad has huge talent.

Just needs a decent manager.

IMO, another Kean debacle - this man has cost our club millions.

Always liked Nzonzi. He just went backwards under Kean. You could see his frustration through most of last season. Keans intransigence, and that punch, have probably cost the club around £3m in 'lost' transfer fee plus a good Premier League player. It would have been cheaper to sack Kean. But that would have been the sensible thing to do.

Just think the Stoke midfield of Adams and Nzonzi could have been at Ewood, it will be interesting to see how they do. Anyway good luck and please spill the beans so we know what really happened.

£3million is actually quite a realistic fee matching his ability(which is something you don't see much of these days), i imagine its his damaged reputation that has knocked a couple of million of what he might of gone for a year ago, hopefully their is a reasonable future sell on clause(and hopfully we dont have to give his previous club amien a big chunk of this fee!!!), end of the day we got etuhu for much les than 3mill and hes a better player.

Just need a real manager now and we could destroy this league!

Always liked Nzonzi. He just went backwards under Kean. You could see his frustration through most of last season. Keans intransigence, and that punch, have probably cost the club around £3m in 'lost' transfer fee plus a good Premier League player. It would have been cheaper to sack Kean. But that would have been the sensible thing to do.

Just think the Stoke midfield of Adams and Nzonzi could have been at Ewood, it will be interesting to see how they do. Anyway good luck and please spill the beans so we know what really happened.

Spot on.

We could have had Adam for £5m that Jan. window but dithered and dallied. I suspect we would have got Adam if Sam hadn't been sacked.

Personally never rated N'Zonzi. Saw glimpses of potential several seasons back, but often frustrated with his poor passing and petulant attitude. If we were in Stoke's position, I would not have wanted to £3million on him. Anyone who thinks he is worth 10mill is pretty delusional.

Quality player that could have done a real job for us under the right manager.

Yes, he had attitude problems, but a better player than many would admit. He'll be playing in the Premier League next season, good luck to him.

Adam? No thanks. I'd rather have Murphy and Etuhu.

Vastly overrated.

Murphy, legs gone and a poster on here said, correctly IMV, he was just an older, less valuable version of Keef !!

Etuhu is a journeyman with poor distribution.

Both sit far too deep and means that teams will continue to overrun us.

Lambs to the slaughter if we make it back to the promised land with these two in central midfield.

VBefore kean came in he was valued around 8 I'd say, loads of interest for him. Cost us millions. Why everyone is mocking him for having poor attitude I don't know, he actually stood up to Kean. Salgado told me he pushed Kean against the wall afterone argument. Mans a god.

Vastly overrated.

Murphy, legs gone and a poster on here said, correctly IMV, he was just an older, less valuable version of Keef !!

Etuhu is a journeyman with poor distribution.

Both sit far too deep and means that teams will continue to overrun us.

Lambs to the slaughter if we make it back to the promised land with these two in central midfield.

+1 Mercerman.

£3million is actually quite a realistic fee matching his ability(which is something you don't see much of these days), i imagine its his damaged reputation that has knocked a couple of million of what he might of gone for a year ago, hopefully their is a reasonable future sell on clause(and hopfully we dont have to give his previous club amien a big chunk of this fee!!!), end of the day we got etuhu for much les than 3mill and hes a better player.

Just need a real manager now and we could destroy this league!

I disagree that it's a realistic fee.....not for a 23 year old with real potential....and the ability that he has......Etuhu is 30 as well so you can't compare transfer fees between the two......we should see this season how good Nzonzi is and I'm very confident by the end, the general consensus will be we were absolutely scammed.

Shocking decision to let him go so cheap. Why not let him go 6 or 12 months loan for free if they pick up his wages. He's worth far more than we have got.

+1

Unfortunaytely, IMO, common sense, let alone nous, sadly lacking from Ewood's senior management.

Looked a class act in tandem with J Jones in the run-in of the 2010-11 season but obviously disenchanted with Kean and got steadily worse last season. Potential to be a very good player under a disciplinarian like Sam Allardyce....and Tony Pulis. A loss to the club in my opinion.

Thought the fact that no Prem clubs came in for him was proof that he was useless?

No sign of your Arsenals, Chelseas, Evertons etc. Just Stoke at the last knockings with a knock down fee which was clearly all that anybody was willing to pay. A fair price for an ordinary payer with baggage.

Nzonzi is a talented footballer but too often his head wasn't with it. £3m is cheap but considering he clearly didn't want to be here I dont think its ridiculously low. He didn't set the prem alight when we were there. I personally feel far more comfortable with Etuhu and Murphy in the middle then Nzonzi and Dunn/Pedersen.

Not a massive loss in my opinion. Preferred to keep Olsson over him.

Let's face it we all know that the main reason he left Blackburn Rovers is because he had a huge barney with Kean. He was supposed to be a mood merchant before that but we could have done with him in midfield all things considered. I think £3m is a bargain.

Another stupid decision by a stupid person, allowed by more stupid people. Let's also not forget that in his first season he was very good and he's still a young lad.

Archived