BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think letting a player like Nzonzi go for 3 million because he won't play under Kean tells us that the clubs owners/venky's are not considering a club without Kean in charge in the immediate or probably long term or yes they would have considered sending him out on loan. O.k the Rhodes deal needed to be financed and we have learnt not to expect the owners to dip into their own pockets. But for 3 million you would be hardpressed to find raw talent with potential like Nzonzi he did a reliable job (yes simple passes) but showed potential of much more at times (just not consistently-that comes with confidence, good management and games and feeling happy) from his point of view this is perhaps the right move for him and he won't look back...i know if i was in his position observing what was going on at the club (as a player not a fan) i would be happy with this move...good luck to him.

I only hope the club owners have been sensible enough to include add ons-it would be nice to see that they want to receive finances in the long term and not just the short term.

Personally i would have loved to see him line up along side Rhodes. His long term effort that went over the bar at MK Dons showed what with confidence and a good run he could do...i think with good management and with confidence back he could have done a real job for us..

Oh and where is Shebby 'the fans face of rovers' he wasn't in any of the pictures for the Rhodes deal....was he around for any of the other announcements..

We should've loaned him first. Look at J.Jones we could've bought him for a low fee but he does well and they demanded a bigger fee and some on here said we should've paid it.

When he's not sulking nzonzi is a premier league midfielder, if we do go up we'll need to replace him, which will cost more than 3m

Kean is the reason N'Zonzi won't play. Him and Givet confronted him about his poor tactics inviting pressure. Ever since then N'Zonzi refused to have any part.

And the fact Givet has since knuckled down and got on with it, compared to Nzonzi throwing his toys out like a sullen little kid, shows the gulf in class between the two. Good riddance.

you could write for the mail with that attitude

Don't stereotype so readily....... More like the Guardian givenJeremy Alexander's heavily agenda'd and badly skewed attack on BRFC supporters in that paper.

How do you go from 10 to 3 million

Ask Scott Danns agent. He went from 7m to 2ish.

Hopefully had a sell on fee. Be a real kick in the teeth if he knuckles down and ends up moving in the future for a big fee.

Could easily happen under the discipline and guidance of a proper manager.

3 million is a bit of a joke to be honest.....we should have sent him on loan with no option to buy.....then sold him for 10.

Why? How long is he contracted to us for?

Personally never rated N'Zonzi. Saw glimpses of potential several seasons back, but often frustrated with his poor passing and petulant attitude. If we were in Stoke's position, I would not have wanted to £3million on him. Anyone who thinks he is worth 10mill is pretty delusional.

Not worth 10 yet.... but if I were playing opposition midfield I'd much rather play against Danny Murphy than Steven N'Zonzi.

Not only that but what will be the value of the pair of them in 2/3 years time? Whichever way one views it replacing N'Zonzi with Murphy has been bloody bad business by Kean.

Adam? No thanks. I'd rather have Murphy and Etuhu.

Well you would cos thats 2 players to 1. :rolleyes:

Not really bothered, it was obvious the guy had no intention of putting in a shift for us Kean.

Get rid in that case.

Corrected for you Tyrone.

Some of you on here are sounding as bad as the guys off the Huddersfield forum, N'zonzi was a good player for us he was poor under Kean like every other player, but he is premier league standard player who has joined an BRILLIANT club in Stoke, who have slowly been progressing and now are a club that look to be pusing for consistant european football - or there is Blackburn with kean as manager in the championship and out of the league cup in the first round.

I'm not knocking Stoke, good luck to them if they can get the guy to realise his potential they've got a bargain. I thought he had enough ability to play for a top club, the talk of the next Viera rang true at times. The problem was his attitude, He was petulant and immature, always picking up needless bookings. I'm not just talking about his run in with Kean. He obviously saw himself as a big time Charlie. Can't see Pulis standing for any of that rubbish.

Some of you on here are sounding as bad as the guys off the Huddersfield forum, N'zonzi was a good player for us he was poor under Kean like every other player, but he is premier league standard player who has joined an BRILLIANT club in Stoke, who have slowly been progressing and now are a club that look to be pusing for consistant european football - or there is Blackburn with kean as manager in the championship and out of the league cup in the first round.

That's the first time I've ever heard anyone refer to Stoke as brilliant, I'm not arguing that they haven't been successful since joining the top flight but they are the dullest team to watch in the history of the Premiership.

Seems to have polarised as many opinions on here as Big Sam. Those that understand football and those that don't have a bloody clue. Nobody is sitting on the fence over this.

Quite comical considering you think that replacing a player who won't play with one that will is somehow bad business.

+1

This fee is nothing. An average Prem player will earn that much in two seasons or less. Think of it like this:

N'zonzi can reasonably be assumed to have approximately nine good seasons left. We just sold him for about 333k a season. Equivalent to the wages of a player on less than 7k a week. This being a player who hasn't reached his peak yet, and will probably be worth at least double what we sold him for at any given time (providing service in the meantime) if he can simply stay at the level he is.

We've let ourselves get forced over a barrel here.

If being forced over a barell is taking the best offer on the table then we have. To be honest having him kicking around doing nothing for us is pointless. Especially if he is costing 20k a week to do nothing.

We do however have to address a root cause to all of these player fall outs. And that's Kean - it's totally ridiculous. I watched Nelsen play well for QPR today. Kean seems to have fallen out with Nelsen, Nzonzi, Givet, Goodwillie, Vukcevic, Hoilett...

I disagree that it's a realistic fee.....not for a 23 year old with real potential....and the ability that he has......Etuhu is 30 as well so you can't compare transfer fees between the two......we should see this season how good Nzonzi is and I'm very confident by the end, the general consensus will be we were absolutely scammed.

Doesn't matter 23 or 30 yesrs old both could easily see out a 3-4 year contact.

Archived