BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed Maj, you can only BS so far, the club is bent.

2 types of people in the game walkers and talkers. Trouble is we've gotten the king of the talkers.

I have to agree if he stays, then for me something very naughty is going on. There have been too many strange and unexpected interviews by certain people, that I cannot believe others don't know what we believe.

Venkys will soon know what a mistake it is to keep Kean when they look at overall season ticket sales, and the attendance of fans at the first home game of the season.

When the news breaks that Kean is staying, attention must be switched towards the potential takeover bid, and simpky making Keans life as manager a complete misery as best we can.

I doubt there were 'crunch talks' in the first place. Wouldn't surprise me at all if Kean's trip to India is simply a pretense to give the impression that he's still answerable to the owners.

Premature to say that he stays, anything is possible as meeting will start in an hour. One hour for advisors to convinve Mrs D that Kean "vision" is a dillusion.

Get the prayer mats out, I tell you no word of a lie, that our club has never faced as crucial hour as it faces now, the decision taken in this next hour will determine which way we head.

What i fail to understand is why she refuses to trust her OWN FAMILY over Steve Kean, a man she has known for about 18 months compared to family members she has known for her entire life. Only thing I can think of is she doesn't trust her family at all.

That's exactly the same question I have. What has Kean done in 18 months to convince her so thoroughly that he is the man for the job, despite relegation, all the losses and what her family and trusted advisers are telling her? That's why it's obvious to me that Kean is more than just the manager at the club.

Venkys will soon know what a mistake it is to keep Kean when they look at overall season ticket sales, and the attendance of fans at the first home game of the season.

When the news breaks that Kean is staying, attention must be switched towards the potential takeover bid, and simpky making Keans life as manager a complete misery as best we can.

And what if the ultimate plan is to take the Rovers out of Blackburn and place it in another area? A la MK Dons?

Their actions to date have been somewhat bizarre, and can only be sustained by something equally weird.

Not at all surprised by Kean staying. Will be confirmed shortly.

If you are looking to sell, as I believe Venky's are, why create the expense of firing your manager and bringing in a new one.

Do you have a source for this as you seem to giving off the impression that it's fact, just like your post on the previous page.

Question is, when are we going to be put out of our misery?

That is exactly the question. Not in terms of Kean being fired though - but what when is the "business plan" Blackburn Rovers milked dry.

F@CK THE REST OFTHE FOOTBALL COMMUNITY AND PRESS WE KNOW WHAT THE OWNERS ARE DOING TO OUR CLUB. IF KEAN STAYS HE NEEDS TO BE REMINDED EVERYDAY THAT HE IS NOT WANTED AT OUR CLUB!!!!!

How? The crowd will just be made up of the Rovers Fans

Premature to say that he stays, anything is possible as meeting will start in an hour. One hour for advisors to convinve Mrs D that Kean "vision" is a dillusion.

Get the prayer mats out, I tell you no word of a lie, that our club has never faced as crucial hour as it faces now, the decision taken in this next hour will determine which way we had.

If he stays, the club is dead and buried, playing in front of sparse crowds in League 2 within 4 years, if it is still alive.

If he goes, the fans will look to get back on board as long as the owners start to turn things around by hiring a real manager, allowing the board to run the club and investing in the squad.

And what if the ultimate plan is to take the Rovers out of Blackburn and place it in another area? A la MK Dons?

Their actions to date have been somewhat bizarre, and can only be sustained by something equally weird.

I got ridiculed on here pal for suggesting just that when they took over.

Do you have a source for this as you seem to giving off the impression that it's fact, just like your post on the previous page.

Some people at the club are leaking out that they have been told Kean is staying. Whether that is as manager of the club I am not sure (although I would strongly suspect it is).

EVERYONE in Pune is telling Mrs D to sack Kean, EVERYONE.

I take it she listens to these people's advice on business matters regarding their other companies. So what not Rovers? Surely there has to be something more at play keeping Kean in a job he is so obviously not capable of doing, other than the fact that she somehow likes him.

We're moving into completely unprecedented, untested waters with this .... nothing like this has ever gone on before in football, certainly in my lifetime anyway.

I've never heard of a club being run in a way where the fans, the staff, the players, everyone is basically calling for his head and a single individual keeps him on because she "likes him" .... it's unfathomable, completely unfathomable.

Archived