BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now I like to read other forums sometimes for their perception of Kean.........some pick up on his lack of tactical knowledge and players playing out of position......and a lot make the obvious point of if it was our club we would be doing exactly the same, maybe more......makes a nice change from all season long

Read this on a Wolves forum - "I have heard stories that Kean seriously undermined big Sam. "Getting in early, telephoning India and saying that Sam was playing golf and would be in much later etc" - haha I bet that's true

I don't get why other managers had to defend him so much.....I swear a journalist said that most of them don't like him.....I mean I know they're all in the LMA but to be so overboard in their defence.

Another thing....apart from Martin Blackburn and Henry Winter, who else in the media...papers or tv have been supportive of us all season......I'm sure Jamie Redknapp has previously argued that we had much too good a team to go down and Kean had to go.

Jeff Stelling I suppose but he likes to play devil's advocate to get the discussion going.....maybe Le Tissier sometimes

Every now and then Idiots/criminals/irresponsible owners or whatever do the right thing. We're just hoping this is the moment when our owners take us completely by surprise and do what we don't expect i.e. sack Kean. I'm fed up of being wound up by kids at school trying to tell me he's gone. they don't seem to realise that I'm checking every break between lessons and therefore have more up to date info than they have.

Every now and then Idiots/criminals/irresponsible owners or whatever do the right thing. We're just hoping this is the moment when our owners take us completely by surprise and do what we don't expect i.e. sack Kean. I'm fed up of being wound up by kids at school trying to tell me he's gone. they don't seem to realise that I'm checking every break between lessons and therefore have more up to date info than they have.

haha I'm in the same boat except I have brfcs open on my phone and i'm constantly refreshing while teaching. Yesterday I was reading to a class with my book in one hand and brfcs on my phone in the other hand. I tried to explain the importance but they just said 'football is for girls and the Ice hockey quarter finals are tomorrow night'. I got owned

haha I'm in the same boat except I have brfcs open on my phone and i'm constantly refreshing while teaching. Yesterday I was reading to a class with my book in one hand and brfcs on my phone in the other hand. I tried to explain the importance but they just said 'football is for girls and the Ice hockey quarter finals are tomorrow night'. I got owned

Exactly the same here... And insult to injury the kids I teach are all utd fans and of course know duck all about football!

I think SK is generally regarded as a buffoon now in the press and a bit of a laughing stock as well. Someone on 5 Live's World Football Phone In texted in at the end of this week's show to ask if any other region had a manager who couldn't get sacked no matter how badly he did and the presenters were laughing about it being SK. If he stays we won't be making any credible signings next season as no-one worth their salt will want to be associated with this shambles. This could be 1 of the most important days in our club's history.

jim mk2

Kean staying as some sort of director of fooball / chief exec with Eric Black stepping up manager is a plausible scenario and one that won't cost Venky's anything. It would also take Kean out of the firing line with regards to team performances and guarantee him his mulitmillion pound salary so from his point of view he wins all round.

Unless Venky's really do sack him (unlikely) I expect Kean still to be at the club in some capacity next season.

Unfortunately - this is also my feeling of what will happen or similar anyway.

WONKYS - whatever you are doing, reading, listening to - this ©loown ( I cannnot call him a clown as I like clowns and clowns are funny - this one DEFINITELY ISN'T and as sure as hell don't like him)

His sad existence of body is untenable and unwelcome in any capacity, shape or form at Ewood Park or anything else Rovers (if the Rovers we know still really exist)

Anybody else just get the vision of 'V' (ironic) with loon peeling off his face to reveal the 'lizard' ( or should that be chicken :P ) underneath.

When Kean is hopefully sacked today. Who is going to be inn charge of finding a suitable replacement?

Exactly

What they need is a new CEO appointing too who has the power to:

a) appoint Kean's successor

B) restructure the Board

c) make all decisions within agreed budgets

d) repair fan relationships

Will they appoint a credible CEO? Unlikely

Will they sack Kean? Unlikely

So the club will continue to spiral downwards.

3 mins ago......

Andrew Cryer ‏@CryerRovers

So meeting to start soon. three options 1: Fired 2: New job at Rovers 3: Staus quo. I don't expect it to be number one

Painfully obvious it will be number 3.

Exactly

What they need is a new CEO appointing too who has the power to:

a) appoint Kean's successor

B) restructure the Board

c) make all decisions within agreed budgets

d) repair fan relationships

So exactly what Paul Hunt suggested way back in December. The chicken half-wits didn't listen to sensible advice then and I've got no illusions that they are about to do it now.

Kean will still be there in some capacity. The only acceptable one will be heading up an academy in some dusty backwater of India - anything involving the day-to-day at Ewood will not be enough to placate me and the many thousands of other stay away ex-season ticket holders.

So exactly what Paul Hunt suggested way back in December. The chicken half-wits didn't listen to sensible advice then and I've got no illusions that they are about to do it now.

Kean will still be there in some capacity. The only acceptable one will be heading up an academy in some dusty backwater of India - anything involving the day-to-day at Ewood will not be enough to placate me and the many thousands of other stay away ex-season ticket holders.

I think your right. If they have sacked Paul Hunt for offering some good ideas to help the club then I cant see them sacking Kean.

I can see it now.

Interviewer "Kean whats the latest ? are you still blackburn manager?"

Kean "yes of course, my position was never even discussed. We have a very healthy budget for next season and we will bounce back (big cheesy grin on his face"

Rovers 1st game of the season played in front of about 8,000 fans at ewood, we draw 2-2 to peterbrough. The hell continues....

It's unbelievable how incompetent and indecisive our owners are when it comes to Steve Kean's position. Wolves were struggling badly, fired McCarthy and replaced him with Terry Connor. This proved to be a major mistake, but at least they acted and they have proven people up stairs who the fans will be confident can get them back up again. Sunderland were on an awful run, so they fire Bruce, bring in O'Neill and Sunderland rocket up the table. QPR fire Warnock, bring in Hughes and QPR stay up. Villa have a nightmare season, but still stay in the league and McLeish is canned. Liverpool have a shocker of a season too and King Kenny, a Liverpool icon and legend is binned.

Now we have Steve Kean, a man with 13 wins in 59 games, relegates the club, has bust ups with the players, is despised by the fans, blew £20 million on crap players, is caught on camera bad mouthing the former manager which could result in legal ramifications for the himself, the club and at the very least embarrasses the owners even further and despite all this the man still remains in job. It would be funny if it wasn't our club that it was happening to.

If Kean stays in a job after all this, it's obvious, if it wasn't before, that he is more than just the manager at Rovers. Say what you want about his relationship with the Mrs Desai, there has to be something more than her thinking that he is the bees knees that is keeping him in charge.

Archived