BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

Although I doubt Kean will get the boot, nobody actually knows what was discussed in this meeting, we have had some good guesswork from various sources as far as I can see, but nothing concrete.

The meeting could be anything from the following:

- Kean turned up, Rao's sacked him and tomorrow they discuss severance (unlikely)

- Kean gave his vision and the Rao's jumped for joy with high fives all round

- Kean and the Rao's spent the day playing buckaroo and then remembered they actually need to discuss rovers so talks start tomorrow.

- Kean walked in with a bomb wrapped around him and threatens them all that if they sack him, he'll blow them all to kingdom come, leaving Venkys with no choice

We really have no idea what they discuss in these meetings. Will impatiently wait to see what happens tomorrow.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agent_Ewood ‏ @Ewood_ITK_Agent

Mrs D likes Steve Kean as a person (i know) and would like to keep him at the "company" in some way. But this is unlikely to happen

Pinch of salt I know, but for argument sake.

Not good enough, even if he's removed as manager his foul stench will still surround the club. How could the fans ever know how much influence he would still have.... all because Mrs D likes him as a person :blink:

Whilst I believe none of what I'm about to type, it's the only hope I can glean right now. Maybe, just maybe, they have listened to his plans out of Indian loyalty/respect or whatever. We have been told that Mrs Death won't sack people face to face, so maybe a quick call in the morning to say thanks but no thanks is in the pipe line. Jesus, what am I thinking?

I think Kean's gone in with a line of "the fans are against me and you and we have to work together to turn this around. Sack me and they'll only have you to hate" and the Rao's will probably have fallen for it hook, line and sinker.

Keeping an employee "because you like them" in what is arguably the top job and their most important overseas asset would not fly with any business. If Kean is still in a job next season the fault in my eyes lies not with him, but fully with the owners. In fact I would go so far as to congratulate him for beating all of the odds as in an ordinary business no employee would survive the mistakes he has made.

I am intrigued as to who mr Desai is. Hubby it says. Who is this? I thought it was Kean?

Infidelity is a terrible thing.

Wonder why Mr. Desai is even remotely anything to do with Blackburn Rovers Football Club. We are owned by Desai and the Rao's, and if I had to take one of those out, it would be Desai. Rao's have much more chance of coming back here, tails between their legs, and saying "we want to make this work, and we WILL listen to you."

I don't think he will be manager next season. They simply have no choice but to get rid. I'm sure they get on well and she really doesn't want to do it but she has to. She is probably finding a way to keep him sweet. Maybe it's Steve Kean who has to 'sleep on it' and give them an answer tomorrow regarding a new position.

Kean has presented his vision to the owners today, they now have a simple choice whether to accept it or not. They will decide overnight.

No idea what he presented but he is a clever operator and wouldn't put it past him suggesting Agnew as CEO, him moving to DOF and bring a manager in underneath him. This is just me speculating, we should know by midday tomorrow.

But it is simple decision they sack him or back whatever vision he has presented to them.

Agent_Ewood ‏ @Ewood_ITK_Agent

Mrs D likes Steve Kean as a person (i know) and would like to keep him at the "company" in some way. But this is unlikely to happen

If this is the case then employ the turd as manager of Venky's Express and get him the (Please don't use that word again) away from our club!

Kean has presented his vision to the owners today, they now have a simple choice whether to accept it or not. They will decide overnight.

No idea what he presented but he is a clever operator and wouldn't put it past him suggesting Agnew as CEO, him moving to DOF and bring a manager in underneath him. This is just me speculating, we should know by midday tomorrow.

But it is simple decision they sack him or back whatever vision he has presented to them.

[/quote

I think , the Venkys are thick more than Kean clever ..People on here saw through him , pretty quickly ..

What a bloody farce. 'Vision'. My Christ.

I just had a vision. 18 months of misery, incompetence and lies.

These people are the scum of the earth. I wish they'd just crawl back under their rock and give us our Rovers back.

Well whatever he has suggested, if he gets away with it, there won't be anyone left for anyone new to manage. And kean's transfer record is so appalling that DOF is the last job you'd ever let him lose on if you knew or cared anything about the club. There has to be more to it as most have said - he cannot simply be keeping his job because he talks well.

i honestly think this is mrs D's last chance to turn it around, if shes doesnt sack kean today or tommorow, theres no going back, the fans will not give them any more benefit of the doubt, all the anger will turn on them even more, this truly is D-day in my opinion, shes the one who is dithering, the brothers want him gone, everyone else does, all this will fall on her shoulders if she does the unthinkable, all our anger should turn on her and her alone if she keeps him.

His "vision" will just be whatever he feels the owners want to hear.

If they are thinking of sacking him he will just go into overdrive in his ridiculousness and I doubt he will even know what is coming out of his mouth.

I also agree that if he were to be moved to another position such as director of football, we should not stop campaigning to get rid of him as he will surely still have a say in matters.

Knowing them they will probably just employ him as defensive coach and we'll go another 11 months without a clean sheet.

I thought , (wishful thinking)he would have been sacked today , still might be but unlikely ..

The one thing that keeps crossing my mind is , which credible manager would work for Venkys ?

Kean is neither credible as a person or a manager , Venkys by their own admission no nothing about football ..

A marriage made in HELL !!

Kean has to leave full stop whilst he is still here he is always going to weigh the club down with his presence. Kean is that beast you release after a night on the Stella that just won't flush.

Thanks Kamy for the update perhaps you could answer one question if Mrs D decides to stick with the clown surely then Big Sam could use that in court to discredit coco and the owners and he could end up costing their chicken businesses millions they would then become destitute surely with what has come out she has no choice but to sack him otherwise he could take the club and her other businesses down with him?.

Kean is a symptom of a greater malaise. It would be pleasant to see him given the boot but let's not lose sight of the fact that it is utterly BIZARRE that he has got this far already.

The real problem will remain until these people and all of their lackeys leave the club.

yes. Precisely. As I posted earlier. This is not about football. Never seemed to.

Archived