BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

If he doesn't get sacked, I wonder how many season tickets will be cancelled? I can see only a few thousand attending next season. It wouldn't surprise me to see the away fans outnumbering home fans every game.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you don't have to attend games to be a supporter. The fact Miker doesn't attend games doesn't invalidate his opinion, does it? I know of a couple of fans in Norway who have never been to a Rovers game, and are as upset (if not more so) than me at the current situation.

I agree you don't have to attend games to be a supporter and of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the point is just because times are tough and you don't like the regime or the manager you cannot decide you're not "In" or a supporter anymore. There are lots of "supporters" who latched on to Rovers over the past 20 years at home and abroad who are now discovering the downside of following a small-town club and now it has gone pear-shaped for whatever reason it appears they don't like it. Supporting a football club is a contract for life.

Any news on Kean's new contract ?

I did for 3 weeks .... but couldn't stay away.

Try again.

So you were a 'proper supporter,'

then you wasn't, for three weeks,

but now you are, again?

How does that work? :blink:

Having never visited Ewood and living half a world away can I ask when you were ever IN ?

I was on Ewood for decades before Venky's and Kean arrived and I'll still be there when they've gone. So-called "supporters" who talk of quitting because they don't like the regime or the manager aren't really supporters at all.

I'm not getting my hopes up today. I think Kean will only go when Venky's depart, and they will only leave when they get an offer for the club which gives them a profit. It could be a long wait.

You never fail Jim to talk the biggest pile of rubbish on this board. You just like winding people up. Pathetic

I was on Ewood for decades before Venky's and Kean arrived and I'll still be there when they've gone. So-called "supporters" who talk of quitting because they don't like the regime or the manager aren't really supporters at all.

♪ My c*ck's bigger than yourrrr c*ck! My c*ck's double the size that yours is! ♫

I agree you don't have to attend games to be a supporter and of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the point is just because times are tough and you don't like the regime or the manager you cannot decide you're not "In" or a supporter anymore. There are lots of "supporters" who latched on to Rovers over the past 20 years at home and abroad who are now discovering the downside of following a small-town club and now it has gone pear-shaped for whatever reason it appears they don't like it. Supporting a football club is a contract for life.

My experience round about town is that the fans of long standing- 30, 40, 50 years plus are boycotting far more than the younger fans.

Are you not finding the same?

Being old doesn't make anyone a 'better supporter'.

Just as being young and only ever knowing the Premiership years doesn't make you a glory hunter, or whatever.

Anyway...KEAN OUT!

Any news on Kean's new contract ?

Spot on.

Let's hope we get shut of Coco today.

My experience round about town is that the fans of long standing- 30, 40, 50 years plus are boycotting far more than the younger fans.

Are you not finding the same?

Also finding that the 20+ somethings are turning their noses up. Got better things to do with their money, especially when things are tight. It's not just about the price of the ticket but also the eats, drinks and travel. All adds up.

Having never visited Ewood and living half a world away can I ask when you were ever IN ?

I'm not getting my hopes up today. I think Kean will only go when Venky's depart, and they will only leave when they get an offer for the club which gives them a profit. It could be a long wait.

I still pay money to watch them on cable, stay up sometimes til 4am even on a Sunday night with work the next day at 8.30 to watch the team, have a Rovers shirt and wear it proudly and went to see them when I had the chance in Sydney. I would've travelled to Blackburn to see the team at Ewood as well in December, but I couldn't find a free day to travel there from Italy and back.

I suppose you would rather I choose to support United or Liverpool like everyone else? I'm not sure why when it's an accepted fact that Rovers have a very small catchment area in their local area and need to expand if they are to stand a chance in competing with the bigger teams with more money and more fans. As it stands you have someone living on the other side of the world who is making dozens of people aware and even interested in Rovers as a club when they had no idea who they were before, and someone who will pass on their Rovers support to their kids as well.

I never said anything about "quitting" on the club. I meant that I will no longer care what the owners do or what happens to them, and anything they get will be more than deserved. I won't bother discussing or even thinking about Rovers affairs outside of what happens on the pitch because there is just no point. I'll still be following team news and results, probably having to resort to digging up dodgy streams showing the game somewhere, as they will only show the odd Championship game on TV here.

Also finding that the 20+ somethings are turning their noses up. Got better things to do with their money, especially when things are tight. It's not just about the price of the ticket but also the eats, drinks and travel. All adds up.

Must say I'm not finding that, I certianly think we'll take some decent away followings.

Must say I'm not finding that, I certianly think we'll take some decent away followings.

My son and five of his circle haven't renewed that's six out of six immediately and I know of more.

Blind faith is nothing at all to be proud of Jim. The club is being strangled by a regime that in only 18months has seen the following;

1. The removal of many backroom staff/ board members

2. The sacking of a manager who had done a great job

3. Complete ignorance and contempt towards the majority of the fans who saw this collision course as soon as Sam was sacked.

4. Taken us into a constant relegation fight with no hope whatsoever of survival.

5. Forced many experienced players out of the club, just because they dared to stand up to this charade.

If your happy to blindly sign a little form and send it off to Ewood, and then trudge of every Saturday afternoon to watch our club being murdered then more fool you! Don't try telling me i'm not a proper fan because I don't conform!

How the meeting really is going:

Mrs.D: Hello Steve, how are you?

Coco: I'm alright. And you?

Mrs.D: I'm fine thanks. How is that company you are controlling for us doing?

Coco: Its going great. People really see what we are doing now!

Mrs.D: Good! Now enjoy your holiday, and say hi to your wife from me.

Any chance of staying on topic?

Kean's meeting must be coming to a close soon.

Is he staying or is he going? We need to know!

You'd have thought so. I mean, it's nearly half 7 over there now. If anything, he should be on his way back home by now, unless him and Margaret are taking in the sights one last time...

Any truth to the rumours that a small protest was happening there in regards to the club/owners? Saw someone mention it earlier, but didn't know anyone was going over there, and surely Indian fans aren't as in-the-loop as we are here?

Being old doesn't make anyone a 'better supporter'.

Just as being young and only ever knowing the Premiership years doesn't make you a glory hunter, or whatever.

Anyway...KEAN OUT!

+1

You'd have thought so. I mean, it's nearly half 7 over there now. If anything, he should be on his way back home by now, unless him and Margaret are taking in the sights one last time...

Any truth to the rumours that a small protest was happening there in regards to the club/owners? Saw someone mention it earlier, but didn't know anyone was going over there, and surely Indian fans aren't as in-the-loop as we are here?

Update from Cryer on Twitter

Andrew Cryer‏@CryerRovers

For all those asking any news, not yet and could be a couple of hrs at least yet

The more I think about it, the more I can see Venky's taking the cowards way out and just keeping Kean on until his contract runs out next summer. They will make a statement backing him, and then stay silent until next May (if they are to stay as owners of the club).

Depressing.

Archived