BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know about anyone else but I can't see me getting much work done today! There's a part of me that thinks "Surely they HAVE to sack him" and then the realist kicks in and I remember that we aren't dealing with rational people or a 'normal' situation. The one phrase that keeps coming back to me is when Venkatash recently stated that "No one is to blame" (for relegation). I found it a slightly odd thing for him to say and felt that it was laying the foundations for not potting Kean. I have a horrible gut feeling that we may hear a rehash of that phrase at some point over the next few hours. Hopefully the low season ticket sales, brilliant fan petition, and finally the release of the damning video will have changed things since then, but such is the madness of the Venky decision making process none of us can second guess what might happen today.

We are all feeling that desperate, hearing that he has been sacked would feel almost like winning promotion!!!!

The crazy, crazy world of the Blackburn Rovers supporter circa 2010 - 12.

Kamy on twitter.

If Kean is on flight he was meant to be on then that will be landing in Mumbai in next hour, then it is a 3 hour drive to Pune. Depending on things meeting with owners should start around Midday UK time. Fingers crossed that Mrs S makes the decision we all want but I urge caution until we get confirmation, no one knows what she will do and may decide not to sack him. Let's see what today brings.

I can't shake this horrible image of Kean playing the sympathy card and using his wife...

Taking his wife to the meeting, walking in and being all friendly with the Indians before they get a chance to speak, instructing his wife to smile and be all best friends with Mrs D so she doesn't have the heart to sack him in front of his Mrs. Let's hope Mrs D isn't as 'polite' as I've heard she is and that she has a ruthless streak which we will see today. Just imagine how much ammo Kean is walking in there with. He can talk his way out of anything.

My optimism has gone...

Just walking to work now and thinking about it...why would she invite Kean AND his wife over to India? She would have done it by phone. How uncomfortable would it be for the rest of their trip if she was going to sack him 4 hours after landing. It's clear it's a social thing and a holiday for the couple.

The meeting will be discussing how to cover up the recent happenings. My guess is we will see, for the first time 'honest Steve'. That will be their plan. 'Ok, we have used the drink spiking, now for the next step'....' would like to apologise to Sam and all the fans, it was a stupid error and I made a big mistake caught up in the moment'

scum

My optimism has gone...

Just walking to work now and thinking about it...why would she invite Kean AND his wife over to India? She would have done it by phone. How uncomfortable would it be for the rest of their trip if she was going to sack him 4 hours after landing. It's clear it's a social thing and a holiday for the couple.

The meeting will be discussing how to cover up the recent happenings. My guess is we will see, for the first time 'honest Steve'. That will be their plan. 'Ok, we have used the drink spiking, now for the next step'....' would like to apologise to Sam and all the fans, it was a stupid error and I made a big mistake caught up in the moment'

scum

Unless it is to offer Kean a role in India.

"I'd better wear my extra strong scruds tomorrow as if he does get the boot the instant rager could well catapult said undies across the room akin to a medieval aged ballista. "

Even if Kean isn't potted today, my reading through this thread this morning will have been worth it for the comment above - there are some hilarious folk on this board! Doff my car to you all!

Oh and Kean Out!

Mr K: " sorry Madam, but it had nothing to do with me. My drinks in Hong Kong must have been spiked by some of those horrible spiteful nasty dross tremblers of Rovers fans. It is all their fault, they undermined the players confidence and I fully blame the fans for the demise of Blackburn Rovers. Please ask a couple of your long-lost Poona 9 and special invitees.....they will speak up for me and promote your godliness in the UK."

Madame D: " oh my poor Stevie Boy.....yes I have had a chat with my special friends from England. These 1%'ers are probably dingles, I will arrange to have them stun gunned. Btw, have a pay rise chum, and follow my advice and DO NOT drink with the great unwashed."

I can't shake this horrible image of Kean playing the sympathy card and using his wife...

Taking his wife to the meeting, walking in and being all friendly with the Indians before they get a chance to speak, instructing his wife to smile and be all best friends with Mrs D so she doesn't have the heart to sack him in front of his Mrs. Let's hope Mrs D isn't as 'polite' as I've heard she is and that she has a ruthless streak which we will see today. Just imagine how much ammo Kean is walking in there with. He can talk his way out of anything.

I fear you're right :(

Can't ever see Kean getting the sack from the most clueless of the clueless (Desai).

What a statement keeping Kean would be. Can't see anyone wanting to go to Ewood next season knowing that we're run and operated by such horrible characters in such an event.

lets just hope that we get the good news we all want to hear!!!

Surely NOW Mrs D will listen to the fans, her brothers and her advisors and get rid of the so called manager!

If DESAI (she does not deserve the repspectful Mrs) listened to the fans she'd be finalising a sale at the same time.

So he is going with his wife and Desai does not usually sack people face to face - doesn't sound great but who knows, best not to get too excited yet.

The owners don't seem to speclilaise in normal/logical decisions.

Got this horrible feeling that if they do sack him, they're stupid enough to make him director of football or some other sop to keep him happy.

I think that's the best scenario that we can expect. We know they're not brave enough to sack people face to face.

The worst scenario is he comes back with a new improved, extended contract.

Based on the link someone post on here before about Kean being an over ambitious coach and stabbing Coleman in the back at Coventry, along with things like the video of him slagging Allardyce off, Kean knows the jig is up.

Make absolutely no mistake this poisonous snake will do anything and everything to ensure that he keeps this job. Whether he has to take a pay cut or give up contractual bonuses he will do. No manager with half a brain will employ him in their staff after this, knowing he and his scumbag agent will be thinking of the best way to get his job.

And it's unlikely that any chairman will employ him as a manager based on his horrific record in charge of Rovers.

Kean's now in last chance saloon and he's knows it.

Archived