BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is Rovers under Venkys remember, the only reason we found out about Sam getting sacked so quickly was because we still had the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn at the club. It took atleast 24 hours for an official statement on Paul Hunts departure, because there is nobody at the club that knows what they are doing.

If Kean truly does get sacked, I'd be amazed if we hear the news straight away.

This is Rovers under Venkys remember, the only reason we found out about Sam getting sacked so quickly was because we still had the likes of John Williams and Tom Finn at the club. It took atleast 24 hours for an official statement on Paul Hunts departure, because there is nobody at the club that knows what they are doing.

It will get leaked, if it happens. I think it is safe to assume that if we've heard nothing by about 6 or 7pm UK time then he's not been sacked.

It§s simple. It will be leaked. People, Kamy etc have sources in India. The club will then either release an immediate statement saying it is not true or we will here something official tomorrow. More exposure than Paul Hunt,

It's now 3.20 pm in Pune so meeting may still be going on

Meeting hasn't even started yet, will be a few hours yet before he meets Mrs D. Hopefully outcome will be known by this evening. In India the working day is not 9-5, very usual for meetings etc to take place during the evening in India.

Sit tight.

sportingintelligence ‏ @sportingintel

3 #rovers Matters MIGHT be complicated because Mrs K on trip. Her b'day y'day & this was long-planned birthday trip. Will Mrs D rain on it?

===

I think that answers it, it's not going to happen.

But surely money is more important to Venkys than Mrs K's feelings. Season ticket sales, the video etc He has to go. Head of youth development in India...I would have no problem with that as long as we don't see him and he has nothing to do with day to day at ewood.

Might be a good thing...after all...he discovered Jones, Hoillet and Ollson :rolleyes:

Meeting hasn't even started yet, will be a few hours yet before he meets Mrs D. Hopefully outcome will be known by this evening. In India the working day is not 9-5, very usual for meetings etc to take place during the evening in India.

Sit tight.

what time is meeting planned for Kamy?

Sit tight.

In the words of Kean (Please don't use that word again) that.

What ###### time are we ###### well talking about?

what time is meeting planned for Kamy?

In a few hours, had thought it would start at 4pm Pune time, but now it is going to be later. Potentially good news as ALL advisors are telling her to sack him, so maybe she has asked them to look at replacements etc before making a final decision. It absolutely clear to me now, it'll be Mrs D who will decide his fate.

But don't get excited, previous form would suggest that Kean can talk Mrs D round.

We'll find out over the next few days whether Desai really wants to turn the club around. It's a massive moment in my opinion. Either she changes course and we have reason to think the Raos might start pushing us in the right direction, or she stays stubborn against all advice and basically we continue the nosedive into the lower reaches of the football league.

The decision is vital.

What baffles me is that no one in the media has even asked the question:

Is there something going on behind the scenes since Kean has not been sacked yet i.e. the asset stripping angle.

Kean is a very tangible issue that highligts something fishy going on - and no one have even sat down and done the compareables. Asking the simple question - from a footballing perspective is there even the slightest case for Kean to stay ini the job. As a Rover the answer is blantantly obvious as it should be for those who has football as their profession.

No one has hinted for instance asset stripping/agent milking or what have you as a possibility to why Kean is still manager.

That is, I think, odd as I, after watching football for 20 years, have never heard of a manager that clearly has no support from:

directors - from Hunt to Williams

players - numerous reports of bust ups with senior players

fans - he even gets away with the 1 % claim which is so obviously wrong and no media runs a story that difuses it

How is it possible that a company holds on to the "responsible party" for losing the economic base for survival without as much as acknowledge the obscurity of the dicision and putting forward a solid case why he is the man to lead the business forward.

This is a multi million business and all the decisions are so against what is even half way logical. Thus there is every chance Kean wont get sacked as this has nothing to do with what normally drives decision making in either football or business. This is not about succes on the field or about running a company well. It is something else and no one can prove what that is. But clearly it is NOT football or Rovers as a succesfull business.

If Kean is thrown out it is because he has drawn too much attention to whatever reasons there are for the decision making and a new person with less publicity can take over with the same agenda because mission is not yet complete. Or mission really is complete and they need a new ground for the final stage - getting rid of the club.

I just cant understand any of this. Mrs D, the boss of a large empire of companies, multi-millions, wouldnt make a certain decision of sacking the manager of "one of those companies" because of the pleasant acquaintances with his wife, which she has met a few times. It is crazy!!

You cant make omelette without breaking a few eggs, and this must surely be the policy in order to reach success in large companies like theirs. There HAS to be other reasons (as well).

• Backroom

From this point any wind up posts will be removed and bans issued

Not the day for it at all a lot of people are on edge

Archived