BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

Rovers 1st game of the season played in front of about 8,000 fans at ewood, we draw 2-2 to peterbrough. The hell continues....

Wow...You are very confident on both 8000 turning up and getting a draw at home. More like 3000 fans and a 2-0 defeat <_<

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's unbelievable how incompetent and indecisive our owners are when it comes to Steve Kean's position. Wolves were struggling badly, fired McCarthy and replaced him with Terry Connor. This proved to be a major mistake, but at least they acted and they have proven people up stairs who the fans will be confident can get them back up again. Sunderland were on an awful run, so they fire Bruce, bring in O'Neill and Sunderland rocket up the table. QPR fire Warnock, bring in Hughes and QPR stay up. Villa have a nightmare season, but still stay in the league and McLeish is canned. Liverpool have a shocker of a season too and King Kenny, a Liverpool icon and legend is binned.

Now we have Steve Kean, a man with 13 wins in 59 games, relegates the club, has bust ups with the players, is despised by the fans, blew £20 million on crap players, is caught on camera bad mouthing the former manager which could result in legal ramifications for the himself, the club and at the very least embarrasses the owners even further and despite all this the man still remains in job. It would be funny if it wasn't our club that it was happening to.

If Kean stays in a job after all this, it's obvious, if it wasn't before, that he is more than just the manager at Rovers. Say what you want about his relationship with the Mrs Desai, there has to be something more than her thinking that he is the bees knees that is keeping him in charge.

100% correct.

• Backroom

Nick Harris says his vision was lying about hoilett and others staying and will hear his fate shortly but thinks he'll stay

Shocking

sportingintelligence ‏@sportingintel

S Kean to be called to boardroom (ie Rao home) soon to hear fate, Sugar-style. I wouldn't bet on Mrs D saying: 'You're fired'

Get ready for the worlds most audible synchronised groan as thousands of us unknowningly create the worlds first mexican wave of woe! :angry:

How on earth can he get away with that?

He'll turn around after Junior leaves and say "we almost had him but the lad wanted to play elsewhere after the offer came in", just as he has with players in the past. Venkys will get some cash to soften the blow and Kean will stay in the job. Someone once said to me that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, I think this will apply if Kean stays in a job.

Doesn't feel good, dragging on too long.

Totally mind boggling ! Would have though that remaining Executive Directors would also be at meeting there in Pune to give their thoughts and advice.

Today could be the day the prognosis for our club becomes terminal.

If they believe the pack of lies that Kean has allegedly told them about players being behind him and Junior wanting to sign a new contract then and keep him on then they are even more stupid then I thought. This man has no morals it seems and having talked to him face to face I can believe who convincing he can be. This could go either way, it will come down to whether Mrs D believes Kean or people like Vineeth and I've got a dreaded feeling that she will believe Kean.

The decision about to be made in Pune WILL one way or other have a profound effect on the future of our club, it is THAT crucial.

The fact he's been called to their home suggests to me that he is staying :(. Someone mentioned earlier that Mrs D doesn't like to sack people face to face and a visit to their home is too informal for something like this imo.

If they believe the pack of lies that Kean has allegedly told them about players being behind him and Junior wanting to sign a new contract then and keep him on then they are even more stupid then I thought. This man has no morals it seems and having talked to him face to face I can believe who convincing he can be. This could go either way, it will come down to whether Mrs D believes Kean or people like Vineeth and I could a dreaded feeling that she will believe Kean.

The decision about to be made in Pune WILL one way or other have a profound effect on the future of our club, it is THAT crucial.

What i fail to understand is why she refuses to trust her OWN FAMILY over Steve Kean, a man she has known for about 18 months compared to family members she has known for her entire life. Only thing I can think of is she doesn't trust her family at all.

I am off to the races tomorrow, so it will either be a party or a wake. (Is it actually possible to drink that much you physically erase your memory? (Without killing yourself))

Not sure mate but I will try... :angry2:

Archived