BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

First of all there would be just wild celebrations if Kean got the boot.

I agree about Venkys, I don't think there was anything but the best intentions on their part. I personally think they were so badly advised that should be looking at legal action, but that's just a personal opinion. I certainly don't think it's too late for Venkys to build bridges, and getting rid of Kean would be the undoubted massive step towards that.

Second, I don't think they should be looking for a manager, that's where they've been going wrong. They need to understand that the manager of a football club isn't like the manager of a business or a factory. They need to be looking for a good CEO - the chairman as he used to be.

I'd break the bank if I was them to bring back John Williams, if that was at all possible. If not, someone else well respected in the game. John Williams wasn't a Rovers fan when he came, but he left one. Let that person choose the manager, and let that person come over to India for the monthly meetings.

Leave the football manager to do his thing.

Good post, I'm inclined to agree with you. Part of the problem is Venkys has been advised to take on tactical decisions for the club when in fact they know nothing about football. Their concern should be around making the club financially viable and ensuring there is actual football business leadership that can appoint football managerial talent. They need to appoint a good ceo like you said and let him run the club.

Only catch is I don't see that happening any time soon. I hope they just get help in putting together a better team of advisers than they currently have.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its all a bleedin farce, does anyone have any confidence that the idiots in Pune will get a half decent replacement? I certainly don't, but I'd love to see the smug grin wiped off Keans face.

Watch the backtracking begin if Kean is sacked. I won't name the culprits but it should be obvious.

Like I said, they've proven themselves as unfit owners and we should still be looking to out them.

Also, twitter has ruined this site.

Good post, I'm inclined to agree with you. Part of the problem is Venkys has been advised to take on tactical decisions for the club when in fact they know nothing about football. Their concern should be around making the club financially viable and ensuring there is actual football business leadership that can appoint football managerial talent. They need to appoint a good ceo like you said and let him run the club.

Only catch is I don't see that happening any time soon. I hope they just get help in putting together a better team of advisers than they currently have.

Quite a sudden and major change in your posting/typing technique. Did you suddenly find the Shift Key or is it just shifty?

Well done Andy Cryer and the telegraph

+100. Great job Mr Cryer!

I'll even go as far as thanking MG Road as well, for it was he who told us that Kean told Desai that Hoillett was going to sign. Thus sparking a sequence of events which leads us to wherever it is we are now, possibly.

And that place might be a slightly happier place than at this time yesterday. Put it this way, if Kean had had the good news he was looking for I'm sure he'd have rung Sky Sports News or TalkSport by now. He has their numbers after all and is never slow in getting good news out on those rare occasions when it occurs.

Then again. He's probably just teasing us all. He's probably got a 12 year contract extension and another rise. New Job Title: Manager / CEO / Warlord / Dictator / Despot / @#/?.

+100. Great job Mr Cryer!

I'll even go as far as thanking MG Road as well, for it was he who told us that Kean told Desai that Hoillett was going to sign. Thus sparking a sequence of events which leads us to wherever it is we are now, possibly.

And that place might be a slightly happier place than at this time yesterday. Put it this way, if Kean had had the good news he was looking for I'm sure he'd have rung Sky Sports News or TalkSport by now. He has their numbers after all and is never slow in getting good news out on those rare occasions when it occurs.

Then again. He's probably just teasing us all. He's probably got a 12 year contract extension and another rise. New Job Title: Manager / CEO / Warlord / Dictator / Despot / @#/?.

His new title is Supreme Commander in Chief of Blackburn Rovers Leader of Operation asset strip.

Imagine the revenue Kean's firing would generate. Shirt on sale tomorrow, those that didn't buy LAST season's may buy that. And then there's the flux of season ticket sales...

i was ready for stopping at ewood on my way home from work to order my st. wasnt to be

More than likely that any announcement will now be made tomorrow, if there is to be one at all.

For now I imagine all we will have to go on are twitter rumours and whether or not Kamy, sportsintelligence or any other reliable ITK can drip feed some info through to us.

why is everyone jumping all over anindianfans posts. have i missed something?

didnt endure himself with his first post seemed to be pro-venkys.... first impressions and all that

Now I have to spend a night with the missus refreshing my iphone every 2 minutes.

[/quote

I am taking mine out for tea. Dont think i will be listening to her much though.

Think i will have a very weak bladder tonight!

nah just random typing depending on my mood. Sometimes I type like this, and other times... i simply type like this.

We're all sick of waiting.

What business school are you at Indian, MIT, Chapel Hill, Berkeley?

Radio Lancs said about 1/2 hour ago that a decision on Kean's future will be made in 7 days time!

Just great!!!

Is that so that they get a lot more cash from out of the club.

Now I have to spend a night with the missus refreshing my iphone every 2 minutes.

I am taking mine out for tea. Dont think i will be listening to her much though.

Think i will have a very weak bladder tonight!

My other half with have to make do with a takeaway tonight.

richard askam ‏@richaskam

Hearing decision 'postponed' on Steve Kean's future...possibly for few days #brfc

Where is Askham at the moment, Den ? UK?

More waiting would be torture. 7days! FFS!

Maybe it's classic Venkys- Let him get home and then sack him. Maybe theyve given him a letter saying

"DONT OPEN THIS TILL YOU GET HOME!" :lol:

didnt endure himself with his first post seemed to be pro-venkys.... first impressions and all that

i am not anti-venkys, just anti the sh*t job they are doing. it is actually pretty cool given my heritage from india that they own a storied club. it is embarassing and disappointing the crap job they are doing though, given all the talented and bright people the company has, and all the progress the country has made.

i'm hoping they shape up and turn the team around. actions speak louder than words, and at this point their best move is probably hiring a public relations firm that teaches them how to communicate with fans and be transparent as far as what their plans are as opposed to going and hiding in a shell.

that said, kean needs to go, he got his chance, did a crap job. now its time to hire someone seasoned, that knows the ropes and can turn things around. he needs some finances to bring in talent though.

if i was venkys i would hold a public meeting at ewood (free food for all the fans) and do the following:

--talk to the fans, tell them we messed up and

--lay out what they plan is going forward in terms of coach, management, etc.

--i would also declare how much funds i am setting aside for building the team for the next year

--and also tell the fans, that for every new season ticket that is bought i will add x,0000 pounds to player acquisition pool up to a cap of x million pounds (e.g., a 1000 new season tickets means an additional 10 million pounds added to the player funds pool

Archived