BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

indianfan said:

if i was venkys i would hold a public meeting at ewood (free food for all the fans) and do the following:

--talk to the fans, tell them we messed up and

--lay out what they plan is going forward in terms of coach, management, etc.

--i would also declare how much funds i am setting aside for building the team for the next year

--and also tell the fans, that for every new season ticket that is bought i will add x,0000 pounds to player acquisition pool up to a cap of x million pounds (e.g., a 1000 new season tickets means an additional 10 million pounds added to the player funds pool

:lol:

Evil cow's toying with us.

Seems like it! - Maybe theyre toying with Kean. --- :closedeyes:

'Dreamland' reason for the delay....Venkys want to appoint Tugay as manager, but they are struggling to get hold of him. While also concluding deals to appoint Joe Royle as DOF, And a new CEO!

Please.. Let me dream. Its the 1st happy thought Ive had about Rovers for months! :rover:

Today has felt like I have had a lottery win, lost my ticket found it again only to put it in the washing machine. What a day of emotions, probably as much of a rollercoaster as any game I have ever been to. Thanks Venkys for being incompetent over such a simple issue, why on earth anybody should have a shred of hope with this lot in charge is beyond imagination. I hope and pray that the resolution is the one we have hoped for otherwise the future for us will be catastrophic.

For the first time in 18 months please I hope they make the correct and only decision that they can based on the facts that have been staring them in the face.

Sky have just announce Venky's have given Kean a public show of faith- Seems as all suspected Kean is untouchable-question to be answered WHY?

APOLOGIES Cryer got this wrong on his twitter-ignore this. PHEW

Yes. I corrected him, as I seem to be doing with many people who aren't understanding what SSN are saying.

Perhaps they are just trying to find a good way of telling us he's signed a new contract :(

Surely, even if they can't persuade her to sack him, people must be able to persuade her that there is no good way to announce a new contract.

• Backroom

I don't think a postponement is a good thing for Kean. In the past Venky's have always come straight out and backed him, the fact there's a delay suggests they're considering removing him from the position.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were looking to see if other options were feasible, maybe making a few calls to a couple of agents. The ease and cost of replacing Kean will be factored in and will decide his future - possibly.

I think it's telling that they don't appear to have outright backed him, as they have done before.

The way I see it, this is typical Venky's mentioned a few pages back. They don't fire people face-to-face, preferring to do it by post, phone, email, Skype, whatever. So they've heard Kean's ideas and excuses, and he will get the call when he gets back to England.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Keeping him is NOT an option.

Sam Wallace‏@SamWallaceIndy

I'm told that Steve Kean has come out of his latest Venky's crisis meeting in India today without losing his job

Some say he's sacked, some say he's safe - wtf !

I don't think a postponement is a good thing for Kean. In the past Venky's have always come straight out and backed him, the fact there's a delay suggests they're considering removing him from the position.

It wouldn't surprise me if they were looking to see if other options were feasible, maybe making a few calls to a couple of agents. The ease and cost of replacing Kean will be factored in and will decide his future - possibly.

I think it's telling that they don't appear to have outright backed him, as they have done before.

Hmmm , I have been wondering all day , where Jerome Anderson is , cannot help thinking he will decide ...

Whether is man , will sink or swim ...

Puppet or Puppeteer ?

My information is exactly that, I was told that they are looking for a new manager to see what options were available before sacking Kean and an announcement would be made tomorrow, I do think they have found someone to take on the job, depends how good he is and how he feels he can work with the owners!!

My information is exactly that, I was told that they are looking for a new manager to see what options were available before sacking Kean and an announcement would be made tomorrow, I do think they have found someone to take on the job, depends how good he is and how he feels he can work with the owners!!

This is when it gets scary , looking at who they employed originally , I have no faith in them to find a good one .

Enter Mr Anderson again ?

This is when it gets scary , looking at who they employed originally , I have no faith in them to find a good one .

Enter Mr Anderson again ?

NO!!!!

Enter Pini Zahavi who Venkys have been using for past 10 months.

He's good friends with Sven.

Archived