BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Could Venky's Be Forced To Sell?

There must be someway of establishing if venkys are the genuine owners. If they are not, why are they prepared to put up with all the bad publicity - on behalf of somebody else.

EXACTLY! for that reason alone, they've got to be the owners.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not surprised Nixon doesn't post on here anymore, somebody could quite easily do a Tris-special and absolutely destroy his credibility by dragging up various farcical past posts.

I reckon that would be worth doing for a laugh anyway, there must be some great one's to dig up, who could forget such classics as the 50 million pound transfer budget?, priceless.

Funny to think there was a time when you could be banned for disagreeing with Nicko.

Long-term quality members of this board were insulted and harassed if they so much as questioned nicko's point of view. Scotty, for example, has posted very little since those days, and his input is far more missed than that of the nicko and his ego. Don'

Long-term quality members of this board were insulted and harassed if they so much as questioned nicko's point of view. Scotty, for example, has posted very little since those days, and his input is far more missed than that of the nicko and his ego. Don'

Speaking from my own experience, I was banned for questioning Nicko's credibility and incurred a ton of abuse from the Nickoteens. The mods thought it more expedient to ban me instead of those actually giving the abuse. Since Nicko was such a valuable commodity and all. :rolleyes:

? (Genuinely)

Exactly. When it comes to life with the Loons, nicko is pretty darned impressively right and has been since July 2010....

Unfortunately.

Only when the Loons have gone particularly loony on transfers has he gone spectacularly adrift.

• Moderation Lead

Exactly. When it comes to life with the Loons, nicko is pretty darned impressively right and has been since July 2010....

Unfortunately.

Only when the Loons have gone particularly loony on transfers has he gone spectacularly adrift.

I was just meaning who has allegedly been feeding Nicko his info, in response to Matty's post.

Maybe Venky's didn't realise they would get any bad publicity. It is more than just stating the obvious by saying they don't have any clue about football.....I mean didn't they buy Bruno Ribeiro to increase their profile in South America haha. So they were just sold the idea of owning a glamorous Premier League team in which nothing could possibly go wrong with you-know-who advising them and didn't expect any bad publicity to come their way.

Obviously we know what happened next but now maybe there is no way back and they are stuck with us for the time being. If it's true that their major shareholders are unhappy and they are receiving negative publicity in India then you would think that alone would be enough to make them be hastily looking to sell.

When did Nicko stop posting on here? And what were the purpose of his posts? To offer like snippets of information or post his own views about matters?

He who must not be named

Lord Voldemort.

Maybe Venky's didn't realise they would get any bad publicity. It is more than just stating the obvious by saying they don't have any clue about football.....I mean didn't they buy Bruno Ribeiro to increase their profile in South America haha. So they were just sold the idea of owning a glamorous Premier League team in which nothing could possibly go wrong with you-know-who advising them and didn't expect any bad publicity to come their way.

Obviously we know what happened next but now maybe there is no way back and they are stuck with us for the time being. If it's true that their major shareholders are unhappy and they are receiving negative publicity in India then you would think that alone would be enough to make them be hastily looking to sell.

When did Nicko stop posting on here? And what were the purpose of his posts? To offer like snippets of information or post his own views about matters?

To build everyone up to the 11 'o' clock transfer news which more often than not was a total anti-climax ...

• Moderation Lead

[quote name='Salgado Is A Hero'

To massage his own ego....

A faint hope as soon as I read an unnamed Championship club.

http://www.sport360.com/article/nottingham-forest-favourites-edge-leeds-kuwaiti-takeover

It's a faint hope, but better a faint hope than no hope.

The clues scattered throughout this article could just as easily apply to Blackburn as Nottingham Forest: http://www.arabianbusiness.com/kuwaiti-eyes-british-football-side-takeover-459969.html

And Blackburn makes more sense as Forest needs a new stadium and the Doughty Estate is owed upwards of a 100 million. Even discounting the debt, through in the parachute payments and Blackburn is a better risk to return to the PL with competent owners and management.

If any rules have been broken then the Premier League have the power to enforce a sale, Rovers are still their responsibility whilst we recieve payments from them

That's interesting to know.

Here's hoping you have given Mr. Scudamore a dossier listing rule-breaking proof! :tu:

If any rules have been broken then the Premier League have the power to enforce a sale, Rovers are still their responsibility whilst we recieve payments from them

Glen where there any particular items (no need for specific details on here) that the PL took notice of ahead of the others?

If you question anything Kean or Coyle related (mainly the latter) he will get you blocked.

His ego must be massive if he can't admit he was wrong when it's so obvious.

That was evident all through the time that he 'graced' us with his presence. A few posters myself included challenged him on certain issues from time to time upon which he was wrong and his response was not to own up but to turn nasty and set the dogs (nickoteens) on his critics. I bet said nickoteens are feeling somewhat shamefaced now. If they aren't then they should be.

He left his Nicko thread after his U turn support in January of our unearthed gem Steve Kean on the basis that he did a good 'presser'. Obvious that someone had 'had a word' and crossed his palm with the promise of 30 pieces of silver or similar. Obvious too who it was. We all know now that the Fat Controller's sphere of influence is very extensive.

All round a nasty piece of work and a coward to boot whose presence on here should have educated a few of the more impressionable on here to treat the red top press with deep suspicion at all times. They are at best fair weather friends and thats it.

Archived