BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Souness under the spotlight

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it took a little back hander to get tugay to brfc then so be it, still prob 1 of the top 5 rovers signings of the last 20 years.

:lol: The morality of a football fan.

I watched the programme last night and some of the revelations were shocking. From a football perspective alone Rangers gave themselves an unfair advantage over their rival(s) by not paying tax and being able to pay more to better players. From an ethical point of view why should I pay tax when footballers who earn tens of thousands pay very little with the help of their employers. The BBC also uncovered evidence that a senior partner in the administrators knew about all this and didn't declare it when his company were appointed. Massive conflict of interest again with possible ramifications.

More worryingly I read recently that at least six EPL and former EPL clubs are being investigated for similar misdemeanors.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-18169501

He did like to wheel and deal a bit, have spoken many times with the Rangers side of the family about the Souness years and the vagaries of his activity in the transfer market.

He was also strongly rumored to own shares in the agent company that handled Andy Cole's transfer from Manchester U to us.

The programme was absolutely shocking and the bit about Souness was just an interesting aside really. The most shocking bit was the allegation that multi millionaire owner David Murray was the main benefactor of the EBTs, paying himself millions tax free. Sickening!

Frightening stuff,loans to Rangers players and staff amounting to Millions that need not be repaid..opportunistic greed?

What amazes me is how do these people in charge of such high profile businesses think they can get away with it...you can fool some of the people all the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all the time.

Always thought he was dodgy. Decent motivator but motivated personally by greed. Never mind Tugay that was chicken feed, I'd like more details on the Grabbi, Ferguson, Amoruso deals for starters. Follow that up with info on the rest of our transfer activity and especially those involving Italians, Scots and Turks. In fact everywhere where contacts might have been made during a long and successful playing career.

Disgraceful what has been going on up at Rangers.

Whilst I have no problem with tax avoidance (arranging one's tax affairs to legally minimise your tax liability), aggressive tax evasion schemes such as these are beyond the pale, not to mention far worse tax evasion.

Fairly typical and commonplace for additional tax rate payers.

They never seem to get the same chastising as benefit fraudsters.

Rangers' tax evasion scheme is no different to the tax evasion in company boardrooms by fat-cat directors. These schemes have to be stamped out because it is the poor who suffer from the wealthiest not paying their fair share of tax. The murky world of football transfers needs urgent reform with details of all deals with fees to agents etc transparent and made public. Managers such as Souness have been raking in cash from dodgy deals for far too long. It has to stop.

Jim, that's the kind of post that may get you and the site into trouble!

In case you forgot or did not know in the first place Jim has a personal dislike, maybe hatred is closer,for Souness. It all started when Souey forgot to acknowledge one of Jims family members who was mascot at the time. I surprised even Jim is still harboring that one.

Rangers' tax evasion scheme is no different to the tax evasion in company boardrooms by fat-cat directors. These schemes have to be stamped out because it is the poor who suffer from the wealthiest not paying their fair share of tax. The murky world of football transfers needs urgent reform with details of all deals with fees to agents etc transparent and made public. Managers such as Souness have been raking in cash from dodgy deals for far too long. It has to stop.

Massive difference between working the tax rules to minimise contributions and tax evasion.

BUT Jimbo do you not have a touch of sympathy for so called 'fat cats' and indeed taxpayers of all kinds when you see the 3/4 generations of work shy dollopers content to live and breed excessively on benefits, fat laden fast food, imported tobacco roll ups and imported superstrength lager? All paid for by contributions from tax payers from every income bracket.

Clear that lot out and I guarantee there will be a different attitude from your 'fat cats'. btw A more accurate analogy might be with beasts of burden, fully laden and currently having their lifeblood mercilessly sucked by a myriad of assorted ticks and parasites.

In case you forgot or did not know in the first place Jim has a personal dislike, maybe hatred is closer,for Souness. It all started when Souey forgot to acknowledge one of Jims family members who was mascot at the time. I surprised even Jim is still harboring that one.

Thanks UB, didn't know about the mitigating circumstances. That's fine then, I'm sure the judge will take that into account at the defamation hearing. :lol:

Massive difference between working the tax rules to minimise contributions and tax evasion.

BUT Jimbo do you not have a touch of sympathy for so called 'fat cats' and indeed taxpayers of all kinds when you see the 3/4 generations of work shy dollopers content to live and breed excessively on benefits, fat laden fast food, imported tobacco roll ups and imported superstrength lager? All paid for by contributions from tax payers from every income bracket.

Clear that lot out and I guarantee there will be a different attitude from your 'fat cats'. btw A more accurate analogy might be with beasts of burden, fully laden and currently having their lifeblood mercilessly sucked by a myriad of assorted ticks and parasites.

Truth is somewhere in between. It's the average working family that bear the brunt for both ends of the spectrum.

The tax avoidance rules clearly need sorting out, they are far too generous for the top earner bracket, and also there needs to be a review on the vetting of who is entitled to which benefit too. Easy to say go and get a job, but it's not so easy to find one in this economic climate either.

Please Theno, FFS! dont try to shift the focus from the people at the top who dont pay their appropriate taxes.

£125 billion pounds approx in tax not being paid into the system annually by our so called drivers of the economy. :rolleyes:

No wonder we had MG openly criticising the British governments on its ability to a have an influence on big businesses.

Please Theno, FFS! dont try to shift the focus from the people at the top who dont pay their appropriate taxes.

£125 billion pounds approx in tax not being paid into the system annually by our so called drivers of the economy. :rolleyes:

No wonder we had MG openly criticising the British governments on its ability to a have an influence on big businesses.

And do you have a figure for what is taken out by the millions of parasites feeding off our taxpayers JAL?

I'll never understand why there needs to be different income tax rates. If there weren't then maybe there wouldn't be much tax evasion. Inherited wealth is one thing but one person earning 1m pa through his/her own drive, determination, effort would pay approx 200k in income tax or the same as 40 people on 30k pa. Is that not enough? Why bleed the achievers and wealthmakers dry? Why do you feel the need to sacrifice incentive and reward on the alter of jealousy and greed?

Archived