BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Olympics 2012

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm, Jim. You might want to have a look at this table.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk...ympics/19092675

At this stage in Beijing we had LESS medals than we do now. "Britain finished Day Five on a total of nine medals, compared with seven at this stage at Beijing in 2008"

In fact, only at the end of Day 4 were we behind the daily Beijing total.

We have a bloke who can shoot things very accurately doing very well at the moment, Gold medal a real possibility. Some women in canoes doing okay.

The group of lads who kicked a bag of air around last night were pretty good too.

And the velodrome opens today......we basically dominated in Beijing winning 7 out of the 10 golds, 3 silvers and 2 bronzes so we have a few medal prospects including Victoria Pendleton who is unreal.....and pretty attractive also.

Speaking of attractive, we just lost the first set in the Women's Beach Volleyball to the Russians after having 3 set points for us but it's been pretty even so far and we came from behind to beat Canada in the first game.......Britain have just lost but there is a "lucky loser" thing in this event and we weren't really a medal prospect anyway as the Brazilians and Americans usually dominate this event.

We're on 4 gold, 5 silver and 4 bronze which like T4E says puts us 5th.....North Korea have won the same golds but 8 less medals and Germany have won more medals but less golds.

We're doing well at sailing also with one individual 2nd in the overall rankings as it stands and 3 pairs of which two are in 1st place and one in 2nd as it stands also.

Rebecca Adlington won her heat and qualifies fastest for the final in the 800m freestyle and we have 2 women in the semi finals of the 200m backstroke.

And Murray is through to the semi final to face the winner of Djokovic vs Tsonga but last time which last time I saw was 2 sets to 0 for Djokovic.

Also Britain are 1-0 up against Argentina in the men's handball.

It was only first to 2 sets (only the final is best of 5) do it'll be Djokovic vs Murray in the semi.

GB just DQ'd in the team pursuit, I'm not entirely sure why but no one is complaining too much so it would appear it was the right decision. Shame as they stood a superb chance of gold. Hope Hoy and the rest can make up for it shortly.

Loving the Weightlifting,men and women lifting approaching 3 times their own bodyweight....takes years of dedication and commitment.

To watch Lu Xiaojun at just 12 stones lift and squat with 450 lb to set new world record was an incredible feat of strength! :wacko:

The weight lifting has been excellent to watch and I really feel for the athlete if they try to press it above their heads but become unbalanced and drop it and it makes it even better if they can solidly plant their feet. Very dramatic, they have been working their hearts out up there.

No gloves in the handball by the goalkeeper, my fingers can go numb pretty easy. That's a nice sport one doesn't see that much of.

Great day for Team GB...more of the same tomorrow please. Women cyclists apparently made the same mistake in the world championships which is inexcusable really.

The men made the error in the world champs.

Tip from me in the velodrome is Laura Trott to win the Omnium, the cycling equivalent of the decathlon, which starts Monday.

Archived