BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

Best was a poor signing. Totally over-rated. Was a one season (out of 4) success at Coventry and a bit-part player at Toon. Has a poor sulky attitude, lazy and injury-prone.

Harsh, but I had similar reservations myself (about his goal-scoring rate & fitness). Surprised so many fans were getting hyped.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Coventry supporting friend says that when he's on his game, he's offered some of the best centre forward play that he's ever seen outside of the top division. Only that he was only on his game one game in every 4.

Totally agree with Torgeir though, it would've been hard enough for any player to impress coming into this shower, let alone one without a pre-season.

I got a bit of stick at the start of the season, when I suggested that Best was pretty poor - but a lot were hoping that Best was going to be our saviour.

He's decent when at his best, but his best is a couple of games a season.

Every other game he's lazy, technically inept and League 1 written all over him (which is quite fitting now).

Not sure Best stood any chance really. Coming back from a horrendous injury, into a team which doesn't supply the strikers at all, where there is low moral. Managerial changes and behind the scenes unrest. Massive injuries and a constantly changing team. What chance does Best have of coming up good?

It also probably is the fact that as he was a Newcastle reserve striker he probably wouldn't be all that good...

However, am sure correct management could have got some use out of him. Can't see anyone wanting him given his wages, or him being willing to leave.

Still can't believe we paid 3m and gave him a 4 year 30+ k contract, he was never ever going to be worth either the transfer fee or the wages, same as Etuhu, 6mil apiece, both average, both reserve players at average PL teams.

Still can't believe we paid 3m and gave him a 4 year 30+ k contract, he was never ever going to be worth either the transfer fee or the wages, same as Etuhu, 6mil apiece, both average, both reserve players at average PL teams.

The only focus for Rovers was to get promotion back to The Premier League, signings like Best, along with Rhodes, Murphy, Ethuhu should be a decent enough backbone to give it a go - any Championship club would have them in their squads. So paying over the odds is forgivable, if the management believed that promotion was realistic. So if the club had got promotion back into the top flight, he would have been worth the money (ignoring his injury).

• 2 weeks later...

His attitude absolutely stinks, he put up a picture of stud marks on his knee from the tackle at the end trying to justify himself. here's what I commented.

"You know deep down that you should have controlled your temper better. Hence why your trying to defend your actions on here, at the end of the day he's got one over on you by getting you sent off, now because of that you have got yourself suspended for the rest of the season when were in a relegation battle, you let yourself and the rest of the team down. And before you say it I spent my hard earned to come and watch that shower of @#/? today."

And heres his response

"save ya @#/? money then like I said early I don't regret nothing I react on the situation ain't the type 2 go home think I wish I did this an he won he couldn't go 2 his changin room he tried 2 personally Hurt me @#/? what u think an any other fan or person footballs more than just a sport 2 me I treat it as my everyday life"

"Save ya @#/? money" What a prick. see how much he complains if we all save our money and he doesnt get paid his ludicrous wages.

If he genuinely said that then he can @#/? off and never wear the Rovers jersey again. He's not on twitter is he? Where is this from?

its from instagram, he just replied to me again, ill try and find if i can copy and paste the whole thing to here.

try this. my name is Russty101 so you can see what ive put on there.

http://instagram.com/p/YVYDdGnaWD/

His attitude absolutely stinks, he put up a picture of stud marks on his knee from the tackle at the end trying to justify himself. here's what I commented.

"You know deep down that you should have controlled your temper better. Hence why your trying to defend your actions on here, at the end of the day he's got one over on you by getting you sent off, now because of that you have got yourself suspended for the rest of the season when were in a relegation battle, you let yourself and the rest of the team down. And before you say it I spent my hard earned to come and watch that shower of @#/? today."

And heres his response

"save ya @#/? money then like I said early I don't regret nothing I react on the situation ain't the type 2 go home think I wish I did this an he won he couldn't go 2 his changin room he tried 2 personally Hurt me @#/? what u think an any other fan or person footballs more than just a sport 2 me I treat it as my everyday life"

"Save ya @#/? money" What a prick. see how much he complains if we all save our money and he doesnt get paid his ludicrous wages.

@#/? disgusting and disgraceful behaviour on the field and attitude afterwards. He's clearly the third of last close seasons trilogy, which cost us what in transfer fees, agents fees and salaries?

The sooner we are rid of this collective shower of sh1t the better.

3 points more and get the axe out.

to me it looks like he's lost his bottle. he's scared of getting injured again which would make sense as to why he doesnt do his shift on the pitch

If thats the case then he aint going to be any good for us.

ok ive taken some screen shots from my phone as i dont know how to get a link onto here.

heres the picture of his knee.

2C85BD39-73E3-4E09-B2E4-5979CEC1D8F6-1498-0000015B4F6632E2_zps4917c160.jpg

heres his reply, mine is the top reply.

9539FC18-80DE-4C2F-873F-6769A39A3D9F-1498-0000015B57491DD2_zps0eb5c9fd.jpg

and heres his last reply to me.

6D375CBE-CF9A-4A31-89F9-D82AE9BF36E6-1498-0000015B5C69DB7E_zps9f36f930.jpg

Best, you @#/? queer. My 14 year old came back this week from a school game with worse than that, you soft shyte....@#/? off from our club and don't come back....all that coin and you are moaning about a bit of a scratch....I'd kick yer arse myself....

Archived