BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be left at that though and when he's given chances he should take them accordingly, rather than letting the world know what's happening behind closed doors.

I imagine he feels a bit humiliated and he's not really been given much of a chance, has he ?

£3m signing and all.

Personally don't rate him, but easy to understand how he feels at the moment, probably hard for him to keep his thoughts to himself, very difficult

for some people to be yes men !

• Backroom

I imagine he feels a bit humiliated and he's not really been given much of a chance, has he ?

£3m signing and all.

Personally don't rate him, but easy to understand how he feels at the moment, probably hard for him to keep his thoughts to himself, very difficult

for some people to be yes men !

Then you hear the club wants to bring in Aaron Wilbraham to be ahead of you it may push you over the edge

He's daft to mention it online but he's responsible for his own comments

• Backroom

Someone asked him why he hasn't played and he said the manager has told him he won't play him after Best told him he picked the wrong team against Doncaster.

He then said you don't drop a striker who has scored after coming back from a huge layoff

He does deserve a fine as you shouldn't be undermining your manager in the public eye but I suppose he knows he's on the way out as soon as possible now anyway

The reason he's not in the team has nothing whatsoever to do with any comment he may or may not have made to Bowyer after the Doncaster game.

It's because he's been generally abysmal since his return from injury. He has had his chance playing alongside Rhodes and has failed to impress showing little or no willingness to try to make the partnership work effectively. He's also displayed a very poor attitude most of the time culminating in him getting himself sent off and being able to go on his summer hols early after one match towards the end of last season.

If Best got on the pitch on Saturday I would worry he was a red card waiting to happen. He showed a lack of discipline at Watford last year and similar surfaced at Derby. Having said that if we are a goal down with 5 minutes left what are we going to do instead - throw on a couple of wingers or water carriers?

A photo sharing site. Someone asked him why he wasn't playing. He said because he told the boss he got the team wrong against Donny....

Absolutely nothing at all wrong with that at all. In fact if I were a manager I'd welcome the chance to hear my players opinions ........ just so long as it's said in private and not in front of the rest of the team! And certainly not on some public 'rent a friend' site.

Sometimes the lessons of youth are hard learned.

Stupid comments made by a player with a bad attitude. think alot of us knew of the bust up with Bowyer a couple of weeks ago.

The fact of the matter is that Rovers play better in 4-2-3-1 formation and this allow us to have more ball and create more chances for the striker.

When you are just playing 1 up front and have a striker who is a goal machine like Rhodes then Best isnt going to play. simple as.

You got the team wrong (i.e. 'you didn't pick me, gaffer!') There have been question marks over his attitude going back to his Coventry days, where he was regarded as a talented but lazy 'big time Charlie', and handing in a transfer request certainly didn't endear himself to the fans either. Trappatoni thought he was a bit of a bad egg when he called him up to the ROI side. However, on the other hand, Newcastle fans couldn't sing his praises enough, but perhaps his purple patch of goals masked the lazy side of his game?

£3m signing and all.

He's not going to beat the £8 million signing to a starting berth though, is he? Unfortunately for Best we've decided 1 up front is best, with an attacking mid in the hole rather than another forward.

Totally agree with Bowyer on this one.

He scored ONE goal and got droppped for ONE game and he's thrown his toys out of the pram.

Not the sort of attitude needed within the squad. After the team lost to Doncaster, he should've seen that as an incentive to prove his value next game rather than giving it 'I told you so' to Bowyer and disrespecting his team-mates.

Totally agree with Bowyer on this one.

He scored ONE goal and got droppped for ONE game and he's thrown his toys out of the pram.

Not the sort of attitude needed within the squad. After the team lost to Doncaster, he should've seen that as an incentive to prove his value next game rather than giving it 'I told you so' to Bowyer and disrespecting his team-mates.

Quite right. You would think he had scored 10 in 10. There's ways of doing it as well. If disappointed not to be playing after scoring at Derby, then surely a respectful word with the manager would suffice so all could move on with clear air to the benefit of all? Sounds like a right plonker to me, even though he plays for us.

A test of Bowyers man management skills here. He is a 3 million investment that needs justifying and that falls at the feet of Bowyer unfortunately. Needs to be sorted out and given more time on the pitch to prove himself. At this moment, that is the only solution.

I'm astounded people can judge him already... I'm not sure how that's possible.

Would be useful come Saturday.

Exactly why he is keaned off, must have thought he was going to be the main man when he signed.

I agree but if he's so cock sure of himself you'd think he'd have a better attitude, apply himself properly and fight for the place. With his record and the current encumbent, he's hardly a shoe in. Fair play to Bowyer IMO, there can only be one gaffer and that's what has been needed for a long time.

Archived