BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

I wonder whether our inability to get in a striker on loan has led to this "reconciliation." Call me cynical but I rather think it's a case of both parties calling an uneasy truce due to a lack of better options (us not getting a striker in and no one wanting Best.)

Personally am not sure Best is worth the aggro or has the right attitude, but if we can't get a striker in, then Best is certainly better than nothing.

Kudos for how the club have handled in the media, makes it look like Bowyer in charge - although with tougher managers the players apologize in public. Still massively better handled then the rifts under Coco.

Call me negative (and I hope generally I'm fairly balanced with Rovers related things) but imo it sounds like rovers are having to settle for Best rather than anything better.

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another feather in the cap for Bowyer if you ask me. Player backed down and the club showed a bit of class for once.

It's little things like this that make me forget/ignore/avoid the likely financial problems and... dare I say it... hope for the best...

• Backroom

I want Best to be a success(he has the ability), its just a question of finding a way to get him and Rhodes in the same starting 11,

maybe we could go 3 at the back(Dann Hanley Killgannon) Kane and spur down the wings, pack out the midfield and Rhodes&Best/King up top.

(I think ive been playing to much FM lately :tu: )

Genuinely think 3-5-2 (with the wingbacks sitting slightly shy of the midfield 3) should be our away tactic tbh.

I'd rather think the reconciliation was because common sense prevailed rather than 'we couldn't get another striker in on loan'.

Best has a lot to prove, not least to himself. He should be like a bull at a gate come Saturday but at least he had the good grace to see sense.

Give Bowyer credit where it's due; he's demonstrated again strong management which is a breath of fresh air.

Its easy when the player isn't a vital cog. Would the same of happened to Rhodes? Not on your nelly

Maybe not. But lets not play this down. Best cost a lot of money and would be seen as a valuable commodity. Bowyer set the marker and now everyone at the club should know what is acceptable. Its good management and its nice to see.

Maybe not. But lets not play this down. Best cost a lot of money and would be seen as a valuable commodity. Bowyer set the marker and now everyone at the club should know what is acceptable. Its good management and its nice to see.

Good management means getting the best out of your players and getting them on the park.

Good management means getting the best out of your players and getting them on the park.

and sometimes it takes a while to get a player to see sense and also, with a young team, bowyer could not afford to let best get away with anything or some young players might have tried it on too. Best was dealt with quietly but obviously firmly enough. Sometimes you have to take a short term hit for longer term gain.

and sometimes it takes a while to get a player to see sense and also, with a young team, bowyer could not afford to let best get away with anything or some young players might have tried it on too. Best was dealt with quietly but obviously firmly enough. Sometimes you have to take a short term hit for longer term gain.

I didn't say he shouldn't have been dealt with firmly Gumboots, just that I don't see a striker being left out of the squad as being a good thing.

Amongst other things den, yes. Not quite that simple though is it. But I suspect you knew that already.

Of course Patrick. I guess that you knew, that I knew.

Unfortunately these days players and their egos have to be managed. Even retired old red nose admitted he had to change how he handled players. (bet though inside he wanted to rip the heads off some of the players)

Once a player publically questions the manager then there is no option for the manager to react very firmly. No top manager would put up with it.

But Bowyer had to deal with Best. The fact that Best on the surface apologised means perhaps behind the scenes Bowyer may well have managed it well.

Best now has a lot to prove...he in reality has publically said I deserve to be in the team and Im better than other players playing who are in instead of me. Behind the scenes some players wont have liked what he said or how he behaved. If I was captain of the team Id be pointing it out to him in no uncertain terms just how much he has to prove when he gets the chance to the rest of the team.

Its easy when the player isn't a vital cog. Would the same of happened to Rhodes? Not on your nelly

It wouldn't happen anyway because Rhodes' attitude and demeanour appears exemplary.

Bowyer has handled this extremely well imo. The squad as a whole now hopefully know that any messing won't be tolerated and the long term benefit should far outweigh not having Best available for two games.

There's no guarantee Best would have made any difference in those games anyway.

It appears some 'fans' are not happy unless they're responding to negative stories, lies and bad news regarding the club. You can't argue with these people.

Just don't. These people yearn for relegation, financial ruin, and they love their whole miserable outlook and will not be moved from their viewpoint.

Best apologised, so he should be included now. This issue is resolved.

??????

I know Rev, this topic is as dead as a dodo really.

Rhodes will be no different from 99% of players if the situation occurs. He's already kicked up a fuss at Huddersfield, demanding the move to Ewood.

My only point in all this, is that leaving Best out of a squad when we had only one striker available - and we lost by one goal, wasn't in any way a positive. A positive would have been sorting it out in private and getting him on the bench at Leicester. How people can argue against that is strange. Someone else posted that if we see Rhodes in the same situation, views might be very different.

Just don't. These people yearn for relegation, financial ruin, and they love their whole miserable outlook and will not be moved from their viewpoint.

Best apologised, so he should be included now. This issue is resolved.

Not got a scooby doo what your point is Norbert.

My point is, Den, that there are certain posters who love to peddle negative rumours and news because they want to club to fail. Any positive result will be countered by 'yeah, but we'll be out of business by christmas', or 'Bowyer is a novice, is an idiot and he will fail.' People like you Den. You make up a bullsh_t hypothetical situation about Rhodes to suit your own viewpoint and comment on it like it is about to happen, or just has.

To put it simply, there are people who are only happy when we have lost 14 games in a row, made Shebby manager and have been served a winding up order because they live for the negative. The fact that things feel a bit better this season hurts doesn't it?

As for Best being excluded, it was hard, it was risky and possibly didn't help in the last couple of games. However, you say it should have been done in private-How? Best went on the internet to bitch and whine, and paid the price for a few weeks. HE made it public, and needed to be brought down a peg or two. It is good to see a player being put in his place for once.

Archived