BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

The fact of matter is Best's Blackburn career hasn't started yet, he played a couple games since his injury and scored a very good goal that got us a point at Derby.

I don't know why people wouldn't want him talking about getting into the team and starting games, every player wants to play and he is no different. its a good sign that a player is chomping at the bit to get on the pitch and get a few goals. the more he hassles the manager the better and harder he will work. this is a premier league player at the end of the day and we should be and will be utilising him.

Bowyer knows how to manage players, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bang in the winner tomorrow off the bench

COYR!!

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, time of the month?

If you don't think it's up to the manager to get the best out of his squad then thats your opinion, I'm not about pack my things and throw my tampons at you.

Go and have a cup of tea and put your feet up dear.

At my age it's almost always that time of the month

We seem tp regularly overlook that GB sees the players in training also and it is probable that his decision comes not just from the outburst or disagreement but also from a general view of his attitude to training and regimes.

My god...well said this man!! Dunny...is that you mate??

No one at the club thinks Best is a waste of space. They actually think he's VERY talented but as said above the guy is just a complete and utter A-hole...thinks he is the star of the show and is actually just a disruptive figure.

This attitude flies directly in the face of what GB and the coaching staff are trying to create..some of the egos have fallen into line and are actually playing out of their skins at the moment...Best hasn't and barring injuries and Rovers not getting a loan in I'd be surprised if he played again!

IMO GB is doing a magnificent job..a days pay for a days work attitude..good honest people trying their hardest..I for one absolutely love this!

We NEED to stick with this guy, whatever the result tmrw. He knows what is best for our club

Word is middlesboro want to take him on loan with a possible permanent deal in January

where is this from AJW?

I hope we get rid of him. seems to have a massive attitude and thinks he is better than he really is.

I wasn't shocked that he didn't even make the bench yesterday. his comments made last week were unacceptable and he didn't have to reply to the question put to him by the fan. he has been punished for his comments.

managers like Ferguson and Mourinho would have more likely done the same. I remember Ferguson dropping Rooney for going out 2 days or day before a game by going out into town.

The thing is as much of a waste of space i think he's been stinking attitude and seems like trouble there is a player in there and if we are to loan him out or sell him i could easily see him being a success where ever we offload him to but i guess thats just football.

• Backroom

where is this from AJW?

I hope we get rid of him. seems to have a massive attitude and thinks he is better than he really is.

I wasn't shocked that he didn't even make the bench yesterday. his comments made last week were unacceptable and he didn't have to reply to the question put to him by the fan. he has been punished for his comments.

managers like Ferguson and Mourinho would have more likely done the same. I remember Ferguson dropping Rooney for going out 2 days or day before a game by going out into town.

I doubt manager like Ferguson or mourinho would line up without a striker on the bench if they had the option to (although Jose has loaned out his best forward)

I still think that was an error of judgment yesterday, maybe he felt he had to be seen to be doing something after being put on the spot about it

Best for everyone if he leaves now though

The thing is as much of a waste of space i think he's been stinking attitude and seems like trouble there is a player in there and if we are to loan him out or sell him i could easily see him being a success where ever we offload him to but i guess thats just football.

Stop worrying. He'll never amount to anything on the football field. He's a waste of a shirt.

I doubt manager like Ferguson or mourinho would line up without a striker on the bench if they had the option to (although Jose has loaned out his best forward)

I still think that was an error of judgment yesterday, maybe he felt he had to be seen to be doing something after being put on the spot about it

Best for everyone if he leaves now though

Didn't Mourinho played against Utd this season without a proper striker and played Andre Schurrle as the main striker. Schürrle usually played as a left winger for Leverkusen but naturally positioned as a second striker BUT not a main striker/number 9 striker type. plus Mourinho left Torres and Lukaku on the bench and Ba wasn't in the match day squad.

Or maybe Bowyer felt that Best had to be punish for ill judge comments that he DID NOT have to make. why did Best feel the need to go public about why he wasn't playing even tho a lot of us already knew about this bust up between Best and Bowyer???

Tom M, what is your problem with Bowyer strict approach with Best? do you think a player should be allowed to make the comments he did and not suffer the consequences of his actions?

Best has to leave now.

• Backroom

Didn't Mourinho played against Utd this season without a proper striker and played Andre Schurrle as the main striker. Schürrle usually played as a left winger for Leverkusen but naturally positioned as a second striker BUT not a main striker/number 9 striker type. plus Mourinho left Torres and Lukaku on the bench and Ba wasn't in the match day squad.

Or maybe Bowyer felt that Best had to be punish for ill judge comments that he DID NOT have to make. why did Best feel the need to go public about why he wasn't playing even tho a lot of us already knew about this bust up between Best and Bowyer???

Tom M, what is your problem with Bowyer strict approach with Best? do you think a player should be allowed to make the comments he did and not suffer the consequences of his actions?

Best has to leave now.

I feel he should have been punished but I don't think the punishment should have impacted on the team

Going into a game with no striker on the bench at all is never a good idea especially when your main striker has an injury

Bowyer should manage the situation better....inexperienced and unable to handle an ego? Is Bowyer out of his depth in relation to recruitment and attracting the players to get us forward.....?

He has handled the situation - Best was dropped. When interviewed Bowyer was honest about the problems - but said they would be sorted behind closed doors. In terms of attracting players - at the moment everyone seems to be in agreement that we have a young team (many brought in by GB) who are progressing and taking us forward.

Bowyer should manage the situation better....inexperienced and unable to handle an ego? Is Bowyer out of his depth in relation to recruitment and attracting the players to get us forward.....?

Bowyer has managed the situation very well indeed in my opinion, he dropped him from the squad, that's all he can do at this stage.

The next step is to sort out his differences with Best and get him back in the squad, we need him on the pitch, not in the stands.

Difficult one really because as we saw last season this league is so tight. There is a good chance we could loan Best out and that team may end up above us in the league.

Punish him & then give him a chance to redeem himself... That's what's best for all concerned.

Difficult one really because as we saw last season this league is so tight. There is a good chance we could loan Best out and that team may end up above us in the league.

Punish him & then give him a chance to redeem himself... That's what's best for all concerned.

His cost is still crippling and imo that is the real deal rather than some stupid comment on a rent a gob site. A simple retraction from Best and a short comment of acceptance from Bowyer would easily solve the issue but it won'y solve the financial burden. Best's talent has been way overvalued and that is the reason for the hard line the club is taking imo.

Archived