BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leon Best

• Moderation Lead

not all muslims are prohibited from drinking, turkish muslims which is what kazim is are allowed to drink, the turkish government were trying to tighten the laws on turks drinking alcohol which the turkish people werent happy about

Indeed. Though I don't think CKR drinks anyway....

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

not all muslims are prohibited from drinking, turkish muslims which is what kazim is are allowed to drink, the turkish government were trying to tighten the laws on turks drinking alcohol which the turkish people werent happy about

Interestingly, in the Qur'an there is no specific verse which prohibits the drinking of alcohol, only verses which advise against it. In fact there's even a verse which states that for drinkers there will be rivers of wine in heaven! The Qur'an mainly warns about intoxication as opposed to drinking alcohol - obviously two very different things. The main reason Muslims believe they're prohibited from drinking it entirely is because post-Qur'an scholars advised this was the case, despite it not being strictly true.

So CKR could in theory go out drinking as long as he didn't get wasted.

I think what people are saying is that after a humiliating defeat and three days before a massive game it doesn't look good. And if you were to bet who the players were these two would have been high on your list. The more dedicated professionals in our squad would, I fancy have had an evening meal, watched MOTD and gone to bed. I'm pretty sure that given our current situation with Souness, Hughes or Allardyce in charge it wouldn't have been allowed.

Absolutely agree, we gave one of the most spineless, humiliating 2nd half performances that I genuinely believe shocked a few yesterday as to how low we could actually go with a performance. You would have hoped that in the players meeting in the changing room after that "performance" things like keeping a low profile, giving your all in training for the next 2 weeks (yes two weeks, two measly weeks hard graft left) and getting plenty of rest would have been an agreed plan.

As Arbitro states above Kazim and Best who seem to think think they are Yardies with the way they strut around covered in their tattoos giving it all the "yo,yo bro" would be the highest on the list to think they did anything to deserve a night out. Kaz and Best are part of the reason in my opinion as to why we look nothing like a team, those two and King spend more time arguing with team mates than trying to rectify any problems.

I really struggle to see what Kaz does thats so good, just been having a look at his season statistics on (http://www.rovers.co.uk/stats/player-stats/ )and I appreciate stats can be misleading but I think people would struggle to argue they are bloody awful. He has scored 3 league goals all season (one behind Scott Dann), so I thought maybe his game is to bring in others in so looked at his assists stats ... he has 3 again to this into perspective Fabio Nunes also has the same amount and we know how often he has played. The only one he has won and I'm sure this will be the biggest shock (not) he has commited the most fouls with over a third more than the next nearest player. He also wins the most yellow card award, I won't be crying when this guys loan ends.

Then forgive my ignorance.

Indeed. Though I don't think CKR drinks anyway....

Yea I'm pretty sure he mentioned he didn't drink on Soccer AM once.

4 year contract he's on.........frightening

just wiki'd the guy his stats are unbelievably poor and with injuries i guess he's only going to get worse

best we can hope for he has to retire early, no way there is a sucker club out there willing to take him off the wages

If he cant head but properly and screams like a girl what hope is there for the future with Leon. There are far better Rovers players in the ladies team than Best.

Maybe a new white mini skirt is what Leon needs to play in for Rovers with his agents name embroidered on his skirt.

What has he achieved though? If he pasted his opponent and had to be dragged off him while gauging his eyes out, you can say "fair play" but all he did was touch his face on his forehead... Yeah, that'll teach him Leon...

Didn't touch him realy, if your guna be stupid an get sent of atleast give him a proper smack, he should of waited till after the game. People over react they complain about the game goin soft then when something like this happens they are up in arms.

It's worrying for his future playing career if he reacts in this way to a bit of a roughing up. Plenty of opponents will have taken notice. I was brought up never to let your opponents know they had hurt you. Walk away smiling even when they'd hurt you. It's a different world now.

Absolutely 100% spot on TS. These lads would not have lasted 5 minutes in amateur and semi professional football 30 or 40 years ago. Bunch of lily livered pansies on the whole.

• Backroom

Back off lads, 'Bestie' is just showing us what 'a real man is'...

Wannabe gangsta whose bang average at football it would seem.

Real man.... hilarious that stuff.

Giving it all gangsta and that innit Leon.

This wasn't Boyz n the Hood Mr. Best.

It was a championship relegation battle in Watford, that you played crap in, and then chucked your rattle out the pram because some-one came near your poor, sickly ickle knee!!

Show us what a real man is?! A rugby league player finished a match in October with a ruptured testicle, you couldn't finish one with a split finger nail!!

Now jog on to some lower league obscurity having chucked your career away with your moronic pal Nile Ranger. Oh hang on, that lower league obscurity is probably going to be with us. Damn!

still remember robbie savage trying to walk a broken leg off an collapsing to the floor, that's a real man. All the pundits bang on about terry being a warrior for playing on with a cut head or coming from the hospital to watch the rest of the game after having concussion, think 90% of people would of done the same.

Best, King and CKR lazy keaning keaners

Why does everyone who is playing poorly nowadays just get tagged as lazy? There is a hefty amount of irony in that.

King covered loads of ground on Saturday. He just happens to be useless out wide in a 4-4-2. That doesn't make him lazy.

CKR has attitude problems but he does put himself out about. He's never going to be like a Paul Dickov but calling him lazy isn't very fair.

Best I'll give you. I've yet to see him play in a game where I've noticed he's on the pitch (unless a red card is being waved at him).

• 4 months later...

Archived