BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JAL, just try having a day off from being an obnoxious @#/? for one evening, you may even enjoy it.

We need to get out of this division, we need the right players to get us out of this division. There I'm sure you can comprehend what I'm saying if I keep it nice and simple for you.

Yes but your talking about players who keep you in the division not get you out of it.

Eh !

Keep our better players ? Hoilet and Yak have gone, Olsson and the french lad look to be gone, Givet isnt guaranteed to stay so who is left thats good after that.

The key word was 'idea' Jal. But i take your point.

All i was getting at is i think its a better idea to try and maintain the core of our side this season and add some players with PL experience rather than make wholesale changes and recruit Championship level players who are acclimatised to the league. Newcastle and West Ham went down this route and bounced straight back up. If you fill the squad with the likes of Jason Scotland and get promoted, then they'll all need replacing again next summer. I'm actually pretty happy the club is trying to recruit players with PL experience because the squad should be strong enough to challenge for promotion and if, god willing it were to result in us going up, the squad wouldn't require major surgery. If we were to sign say, Cox, Hughes and Mackie while keeping maybe Olsson and Givet we'd have 5 premier league standard players (albeit low end) plus Murphy and Best. The basis of a side which might keep you in the PL.

Sadly, we could fill the side with players of PL quality, but until we get rid of our league 2 manager promotion seems some distance away. Still, the concept works for me.

I think Cox and Hughes would be good signings, in terms of ability, experience, fees and wages. Let's face it, we cannot attract good Premiership players in the Championship - the fees and wages alone are not viable, so it makes sense to get players nearing the end of the Premier league career, or get established Championship players. Look at Swansea and Norwich, the majority of their squads were the same level as us now, and their respective managers back then got them promoted and competing well at the highest level.

Now I agree with everyone that Kean is not the man Rovers need to lead us back, but as it stands, the club continue to back him, and it seems he wants players he knows well. He wants more experience, and with a few other additions PLUS Cox and Hughes - we will have a good squad. I personally would like us to look at players like Liam Trotter, Adam Hammill and Dale Jennings to boost the squad.

Once we have the squad in place, the ability will be there. Our only downfall then will be ofcourse Kean.

My only hope is if (and when) he fails, he and the club will have no excuses if we don't make the top 6. I just hope they realize this sooner rather later!

Robinson

EMERTON

NELSEN

SAMBA

SALGADO

HOILETT

NZONZI

PHIL JONES

DIOUF

KALINIC

ROBERTS

We have lost a full team bar a goalkeeper and more since Kean arrived. This team shows what kind of a loser he is. Most if not all would have stayed if it wasn't for him.

The key word was 'idea' Jal. But i take your point.

All i was getting at is i think its a better idea to try and maintain the core of our side this season and add some players with PL experience rather than make wholesale changes and recruit Championship level players who are acclimatised to the league. Newcastle and West Ham went down this route and bounced straight back up. If you fill the squad with the likes of Jason Scotland and get promoted, then they'll all need replacing again next summer. I'm actually pretty happy the club is trying to recruit players with PL experience because the squad should be strong enough to challenge for promotion and if, god willing it were to result in us going up, the squad wouldn't require major surgery. If we were to sign say, Cox, Hughes and Mackie while keeping maybe Olsson and Givet we'd have 5 premier league standard players (albeit low end) plus Murphy and Best. The basis of a side which might keep you in the PL.

Sadly, we could fill the side with players of PL quality, but until we get rid of our league 2 manager promotion seems some distance away. Still, the concept works for me.

League 2 manager!!!! hahahahaha you havin a laugh!!!!!!! Couldn't manage to run a bath that tosser!!! God i hate that imbecile!!!

I was very ccritical of Hanley when he first made the starting XI. But he did make huge strides the longer he stayed involved. He's still very wet behind the ears and he needs to understand that defending is about reading the game as much as it is about clattering into every tackle or header going. But i wouldn't be at all surprised if the likes of Everton were sniffing around. He has does seem to have the potential to be a steady if unspectacular center half.

Robinson

EMERTON

NELSEN

SAMBA

SALGADO

HOILETT

NZONZI

PHIL JONES

DIOUF

KALINIC

ROBERTS

We have lost a full team bar a goalkeeper and more since Kean arrived. This team shows what kind of a loser he is. Most if not all would have stayed if it wasn't for him.

An yet that excuse of a manager keeps going on about the lack of experience... He really can't add 1+1 can he?

Buszacky who left QPR on a free is deffo worth a shout, not sure if he's found a club yet or not but surely we should be all over that kind of deal!?

Just listening to Shebby on Radio Lancs. Really don't know what to make of all this, some of the stuff he says sounds ok, like I kind of believe he genuinley wants to get Rovers back up in the prem, but then he says stuff like 'I wanted to cry when Best got injured' and it just sounds a bit empty like Venkatesh does whenever he opens his gob.

Did B&Q invite him for an interview?

Possibly, I heard that Denis Irwin was a dab hand at shelf stacking once he had retired.... perhaps Bruno can mirror his ability in this field as he does on the pitch?

Santa Cruz looking for a club in North West according to reports. How I wish we could afford him as I'm sure he'd love to come back.

Short memories...

Remember his ''return of the messiah'' loan spell in the 2010-2011 season?, he didn't score once.

Short memories...

Remember his ''return of the messiah'' loan spell in the 2010-2011 season?, he didn't score once.

I think it was Just poor timing all around last time he came on loan he had a rough time at city, wasn't fully fit and hadn't played much football for 2 years, then came back to rovers and found it was a completely different club to the one he left(in many many ways!), he has now had a good full season of regular football in Spain and would also have a point to prove if he came back here, signing him on loan for 6 months would be a no-brainer for me.

Archived