BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

He didn't Den. I think he actually said 'In Keans mind.....' This is typical of this messageboard lately. The poor bloke didn't say he supported Kean, yet he's being told to stop making excuses for him.

"he would have some grounds for thinking it wasn't entirely his fault" means he shouldn't bear all the consequences of relegation. Absolutely he should. The argument that Kean doesn't bear the responsibility for results just doesn't wash Patrick.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read one post which stated that any respectable manager walks after being relegated, the reason for that is because they know that they'll be fired if they don't resign. Kean doesn't have that worry. If you're as unsackable as he appears to be all he has to contend with is the fans, which as we saw last season can only do so much if the owners refuse to listen.

This isn't a defense of Kean, but I would be very surprised to see if more than 30% of relegated managers have resigned.

"he would have some grounds for thinking it wasn't entirely his fault" means he shouldn't bear all the consequences of relegation. Absolutely he should. The argument that Kean doesn't bear the responsibility for results just doesn't wash Patrick.

So i assume you think the owners weren't at fault then Den? Kean made a mess of things. He absolutely deserves to take a large percentage of the blame. However, he wasn't alone in making cock-ups of huge magnitude was he? Ladies and gentlemen, i give you Venky's.

Maybe the owners have been playing championship manager and misunderstood the game... Maybe they think the aim is to play in the championship!

But seriously it seems there is a hint of hope that Kean will be gone soon as the club are entertaining the proposal of a loan from n'zonzi. Surely if Kean was staying, they would insert such clauses!

Apologies, I thought I'd clicked on the Summer Transfer Window thread.

There is not point in having threads anymore as they all end up disscussing how bad Kean is or who is going to protest or not.

that's because he has cast a dark shadow over every area of the club and until he goes there really is no way that we can get excited about anything else. I'm off to the olympics and then on holiday this weekend and i seriously expect to return to the board with nothing being different. The one transfer we all want, Kean out and a decent manager in (I suppose technically that's 2) won't have happened. My daughter rang today to try to persuade her brother to buy a season ticket with her - glad to say he stood firm and said no, which means she won't get one either as she can't go to anywhere near enough weekend games and won't want to go on her own midweek.

There is not point in having threads anymore as they all end up disscussing how bad Kean is or who is going to protest or not.

If it wasn't for the fact I get bored at work I don't think I'd go on this site anymore, just the same arguments between the same people in every thread.

It's hard to avoid that though.

A natural discussion arising from a player signing will be how will they perform, where will they fit into the team etc. Kean inevitably is a huge part of that.

It's why he absolutely has to leave. They say no man is bigger than the club, but it feels as if Steve Kean's continued presence is danger of smothering us at the moment.

That doesn't change the fact that this is a thread for transfers. If there is transfer news/discussion/speculation then this is the place for it. Slagging Kean can be done any number of places. You can even make your own Slagging Kean thread if you want. It's boring seeing it everywhere, we all know he's ###### and we don't need to post it in every thread. s.

I disagree, I really look forwards to coming on every day to see what new perspectives and insights the regular posters have, it's very stimulating....

I used to assume this board acted as a kind of therapy, but it clearly doesn't work.

Personally I'm glad we made 5 transfers, including a couple that were better than I expected, before pre-season, because that is better than making them on last day of window.

I have to disagree. I hope that we make some more signings, but at this point the window has been relatively successful. We have signed more players than I would have expected, a couple of whom will go straight into the first time, and on top of that we haven't lost that much.

Not sure I can agree Eddie. I'm happy with the players bought in but we've not addressed the problem in our team. We have needed a box to box midfielder and a LB as well as possibly a CB. We haven't addressed these positions. Until we do I can't say it's been a successful window.

I know we went for Silva for the midfielder role, and according to Cryer a couple of days ago that one isn't dead in the water yet, but we're in all sorts of trouble if we can't get someone in. Dunn, Pedersen, Murphy as 3 of our CM contenders worries me greatly. Not one of them can tackle.

Window hasnt been bad considering we havent seen a mass exodus.... BUT we need to get a centre midfielder, as we cannot pin our hopes on Lowe just yet.....also we need a goalscorer, and ideally a versatile defender

yet...

still got a month and a bit yet, watch this space.

Well even without the exodus we have lost our best to attacking players from last year - Yak and Hoilett - probably end up getting £7.5 mil in total for both of them (they have turned down £4mil from QPR for Hoilett so must be expecting to get around £6mil for him).

So far we have brought in an aging although still decent midfielder(Murphy), a decent championship Striker (Best) for £3mil, some unkown youngsters who may or maynot prove good finds (all for free or really low money) and a very aging but once great striker. So you could easily argue our team is no stronger or possibly weaker than it was (Nunes is looking possibly decent).

So they should have another £4mil available to spend after players out so far without opening their pockets. There doesnt seem to be too many signs that they are going to spend all the £4mil though - Silva who we were meant to be really keen on we offered £750k!)

If Nzonzi goes that should be at least another £4-6 Mil.

So in my book they need to still do a lot more - box to box midfielder who can tackle is a must. A good left back, good central defender are also urgently needed. Probably another decent striker on par with Best as im unconvinced about Goodwillie and really its only Best who can lead the line.

and please please dont bring up Baldy or i will be suicidal again (how he can even be in a job still...........

I have to disagree. I hope that we make some more signings, but at this point the window has been relatively successful. We have signed more players than I would have expected, a couple of whom will go straight into the first time, and on top of that we haven't lost that much.

Losing our two best attacking players in Hoilett and Yakubu is a big blow in my opinion. While Best and Murphy are solid acquisitions to the squad I don't think they are better than what we lost. A central defender, a left back and a midfielder and we might compete for promotion. With SK in charge our squad has to be significantly stronger compared to last season if we are to win promotion.

Archived