BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

Losing our two best attacking players in Hoilett and Yakubu is a big blow in my opinion. While Best and Murphy are solid acquisitions to the squad I don't think they are better than what we lost. A central defender, a left back and a midfielder and we might compete for promotion. With SK in charge our squad has to be significantly stronger compared to last season if we are to win promotion.

Did you expect to have a stronger squad by now than when we were in the premier league? Last time it took us a year and a change of manager to do that when we had Jack's millions.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anyone doubts that the lunatics have not taken over the asylum then consider this, Rovers are supposed to have offered £750k for Silva whilst valuing Nzonzi at £10million.

Not sure if Silva is in last year of his contract but so was Best, and we paid £3million for him.

In terms of numbers the window has been decent, but in top of Junior and Yak, I fully expect us to lose N'Zonzi and Marin Ollson. That is four good quality players that we could potentially lose, Danny Murphy and Leon Best are good signings, the others are not so good.

Assuming we lose N'Zonzi and Martin Ollson then by my reckoning we would need to bring in another central midfielder, a full back, a backup centre back and another proven striker. I am told that they are looking into Midfielders and Striker options.

So at the moment I would say that we are lacking in quality and if/when N'Zonzi and Ollson leave then we will be lacking in quality/numbers. I am sure though that at least a couple of players will be bought in before the end of August,

In terms of numbers the window has been decent, but in top of Junior and Yak, I fully expect us to lose N'Zonzi and Marin Ollson. That is four good quality players that we could potentially lose, Danny Murphy and Leon Best are good signings, the others are not so good.

Assuming we lose N'Zonzi and Martin Ollson then by my reckoning we would need to bring in another central midfielder, a full back, a backup centre back and another proven striker. I am told that they are looking into Midfielders and Striker options.

So at the moment I would say that we are lacking in quality and if/when N'Zonzi and Ollson leave then we will be lacking in quality/numbers. I am sure though that at least a couple of players will be bought in before the end of August,

I'm confident Nunes and Gomes will turn out to be very good signings for the club as well, particularly Nunes. Hopefully, we could get Mackie and Gosling in plus a LB and CB.

Wonder if we're looking at making good use of the loan system to pick up a couple of prem team fringe players.

And if we're not, why not? We should be milking that cow dry. Get vulnerable little Steve on the blower to some of his more vocal supporters and tap them up for some fringe players.

And if we're not, why not? We should be milking that cow dry. Get vulnerable little Steve on the blower to some of his more vocal supporters and tap them up for some fringe players.

Yeah lets see how close @#/? is to Moyes, Rednose etc.....they all said he was doing a marvellous job....will they trust him with their young uns?

So thats Yak and Hoilett, with in all likelyhood Olsson and N'zonzi to follow. The complete destruction of a top half PL side will be complete in under 2 years.

I still fully expect Kean to repeat his 'we've kept hold of the core of the squad... we will have a better squad than last year' mantras.

Ugh that man.

So thats Yak and Hoilett, with in all likelyhood Olsson and N'zonzi to follow. The complete destruction of a top half PL side will be complete in under 2 years.

Ugh that man.

Come on Matty just think of the millions of pounds they've made from us have a bit of sympathy especially for all of our naive season ticket holders.

Did you expect to have a stronger squad by now than when we were in the premier league? Last time it took us a year and a change of manager to do that when we had Jack's millions.

No, but that's what it will take for us to bounce straight back up.

Kean recently suggested we might have a stronger squad than last year, sums up our situation...

• Backroom

Tell that to Stevie Kean.

"We would like to think that going into the season we're going to have a better squad than we did last year in the Premier League."

If you look at the majority of teams that get promoted, they have players who know the division inside-out and have been knocking on the promotion door for a while.

We just seem to be set on convincing players to drop from the PL. Not only does it deviate from the proven method of getting promoted, it's bloody expensive; PL players are on PL wages and aren't going to take a cut to come to us.

Agreed, I've said all along we should be looking at players who know this division.

Look how many players have made the step up and not performed but have been exceptional at Championship level. Ambrose is a prime example, Jason Scotland another. the list goes on and on.

Cox and Hughes are exactly the type of players we should be looking for. Proven players in the English leagues. Cox is not premiership standard but would bang them in at championship level. Hughes is a steady if unspectacular defender. Would be great signings. Shame that Mackie looks unlikely to join.

Agreed, I've said all along we should be looking at players who know this division.

Look how many players have made the step up and not performed but have been exceptional at Championship level. Ambrose is a prime example, Jason Scotland another. the list goes on and on.

You're a star Ricky do want us to stay in this division forever.

While i agree that there is a certain blueprint for getting out of this division, it also leads to a necessary overhaul of the squad if and when you get promotion. I'm not sure Venky's would subsidise that should we be successful in going back up. I actually quite like the idea of trying to keep our better players for a year and push for an immediate return. However, i don't think Kean is capable of organising a solid defence to build from and that will again be our undoing.

While i agree that there is a certain blueprint for getting out of this division, it also leads to a necessary overhaul of the squad if and when you get promotion. I'm not sure Venky's would subsidise that should we be successful in going back up. I actually quite like the idea of trying to keep our better players for a year and push for an immediate return. However, i don't think Kean is capable of organising a solid defence to build from and that will again be our undoing.

Eh !

Keep our better players ? Hoilet and Yak have gone, Olsson and the french lad look to be gone, Givet isnt guaranteed to stay so who is left thats good after that.

For Me:

Bunn/Kean/Urwin

Orr/Hanley/Dann/Givet/O'connor/Henley

Giles Barnes(Free)/ Robert Koren/Murphy/Petrovic/Gattuso/Dunn/Gamst/Nunes

Best/Gomes/Bothroyd/Goodwillie/Rochina/Slew

That Team bar a proper defensive midfielder and right back could get at least the playoffs.

Would like to see us move for JayBothroyd, grown up a hell of allot since we last had him, top scorer 2 years ago in the chump. QPR since have Cisse, Campbell, Johnson, Hoilllett, Helgusson etc .

My Cardiff mate says on his day he was unplayable and would beat players for fun etc but was too inconsistent, even for months at a time....seems to have a bit of an attitude as well but then I guess that means there is the off chance that he could deck Kean......but yea it doesn't look like QPR will need him.....he will probably want relatively high wages I imagine, but maybe not.

would anyone like to sign Karl Herny from Wolves???

proper ball winning midfielder with experience of championship. only 29 years old

I would be all over that but Wolves look like real promotion candidates and I can't see them wanting to sell him to us...if Jarvis and Fletcher stay, I could easily see them finishing top 2 so where is the attraction to come to us anyway, even if they were prepared to sell.....apparently Villa might be after him as well which could mean other Prem teams are considering him also.

Cox and Hughes are exactly the type of players we should be looking for. Proven players in the English leagues. Cox is not premiership standard but would bang them in at championship level. Hughes is a steady if unspectacular defender. Would be great signings. Shame that Mackie looks unlikely to join.

I can't remember too much of Cox but that is a perfect description of Hughes, steady if unspectacular.....I can't remember watching him and being unimpressed in the Prem.....he would be an improvement on Dann but then again so would Khizanishvili.

JAL, just try having a day off from being an obnoxious @#/? for one evening, you may even enjoy it.

We need to get out of this division, we need the right players to get us out of this division. There I'm sure you can comprehend what I'm saying if I keep it nice and simple for you.

Archived