SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window

neophox

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.I don't like it any more than anybody else

you totally understand why hes doing it? so are you condoning what hes doing then?

con·done

   [kuhn-dohn]

verb (used with object), con·doned, con·don·ing.

to give tacit approval to:

Go back and read my post again. Especially the part where I say "I don't like it"...

All I'm saying is that anybody with any amount of self-respect or shame would've put his hands up and resigned when it became clear he was hopelessly out of his depth. He must know that this will be his last job in the sports industry and he's going to make as much money out of it as possible, because after this he'll be lucky to get a job in McDonalds.

He knows that he's on his first and last big pay day and he'll squeeze it for all it's worth. I don't like it any more than anybody else but I understand why he's doing it.

I agree with you on this one, MG. If I were in his position (hated, incompetent, unlikely to work in any senior role again) I would hang on in there for as long as I could, making as much as I could before the cash cow was dry. Then I would probably emigrate to Portugal or something and live off my ill-gotten gains for the rest of my alcohol-filled days.

What I don't get, and I see you don't either, is why this approach is being tolerated by his employers. They are allowing an employee to fail dramatically at what he is being paid handsomely for. Why? Is it really just an employer/employee relationship at all? I just don't believe that it is.

Your guess is as good as mines at the moment. And I don't want to join Mr. Hunt so I won't be the one to ask her. :unsure:

Then we're back to the conspiracy theories or the involvement of his wife.

sorry m.g but you said you totally understand why hes doing it, so therefore you ARE condoning it because in effect you are saying you would do it yourself in his position,

I think you are splitting hairs here RoverandOut - just becuase he understands why he is doing it, doesn`t mean MG agree`s or disagree`s with it (i.e condone or accept it).

As an example, I understand why religous fanatics do terrible things in the world,( in the name of religion), but that doesn`t mean I condone it !

I don't know how everyone feels but I had a thought today about players who could be useful to us in the championship. One player who I believe we should be going for is Anton Ferdinand. According to his stats he is 6'0" ft tall his dribbling success is 75% he is 27 so is coming into his prime. Commanding figure in defence his market value is 3.5M IMO we don't need any more attackers we are well stocked in that department. What we do need is defenders and for the championship we need big tall strong commanding figures especially as Dann has proved so inconsistent. Hanley is by far our only decent CB and would be a direct replacement for Nelsen/Samba who I feel we have never really replaced since they left. Anton has potential to improve further and believe instead of going for Mackie as we are well stocked up in that area we really should be going for defenders and believe Ferdinand could fit that bill thoughts everyone?.

sorry m.g but you said you totally understand why hes doing it, so therefore you ARE condoning it because in effect you are saying you would do it yourself in his position,

Ok - a little scenario - you get promoted at work to a position you really aren't capable of - you know that failure will mean you never work in your chosen field again - so you resign ? Or do you keep going - hoping that by some miracle you turn things around and re-build your reputation - and if the worse comes you get a good pay off.

For all the hate that Kean seems to generate (a lot of which I don't agree with) - he is a family man with responsibilities to provide for his family. It is alright for people to say he should do the decent thing and resign - personally I wish he would - but I can totally appreciate why he doesn't.

• Backroom

I think by now he's accumulated enough money to provide for his family for the foreseeable future. He certainly should have considering the amount he's paid and the money he's ALLEGEDLY received from other transactions.

Let us also not forget the families he has likely impacted through loss of jobs, thanks to our relegation.

He won't resign because he's a parasite and will cling on to the bitter end.

Good point above....continuing to manage a premier league team and raking in the cash is one thing....I would happily do it myself, even if I knew I would never be up to the job, for around 1 million a year.....but after getting relegated and causing lots of other staff, some of whom will have families, to lose their jobs....then it becomes a serious morality issue in which many of us wouldn't feel comfortable in getting paid a lot at the expense of others and would most likely negotiate a severance package or just simply resign......but I doubt any of that has ever crossed Kean's mind.....he's deluded enough that he probably doesn't see himself as the biggest factor in our relegation anyway.

he's deluded enough that he probably doesn't see himself as the biggest factor in our relegation anyway.

To be honest - he would have some grounds for thinking it wasn't entirely his fault. I doubt not playing players because of contract positions was his decision - and, if rumours are to believed, even the players we bought lasts season weren't all of his choosing. Don't get me wrong - he was one of the main reasons we got relegated - but in Kean's mind I am sure he can easily make up enough excuses.

Wonder if Kean had a reduction in salary as the players did for relegation, yeah right! well he bloody should have. :rover:

I totally agree with this - he should have it in his contract - if he hasn't it is the owners fault. However - nobody seems certain (other than Givet) who has relegation clauses - so he may already have a clause.

Maybe something that Andy Cryer can ask at the next press conference ?

To be honest - he would have some grounds for thinking it wasn't entirely his fault. I doubt not playing players because of contract positions was his decision - and, if rumours are to believed, even the players we bought lasts season weren't all of his choosing. Don't get me wrong - he was one of the main reasons we got relegated - but in Kean's mind I am sure he can easily make up enough excuses.

He should have walked then. Results are down to the manager. The buck stops there - and any manager would accept that.

Stop trying to make excuses for his total incompetence.

Do you think Kean blames his agent?

After all, Jerome said on Talksport to the nation that Kean is a very good manager, he had only been a manager for a handful of games.

Ok - a little scenario - you get promoted at work to a position you really aren't capable of - you know that failure will mean you never work in your chosen field again - so you resign ? Or do you keep going - hoping that by some miracle you turn things around and re-build your reputation - and if the worse comes you get a good pay off.

For all the hate that Kean seems to generate (a lot of which I don't agree with) - he is a family man with responsibilities to provide for his family. It is alright for people to say he should do the decent thing and resign - personally I wish he would - but I can totally appreciate why he doesn't.

Pretty sure if he had resigned early into his tenure, even at the end of the 1st season, he would have found another coaching role, and he would have walked away a millionaire too.

He should have walked then. Results are down to the manager. The buck stops there - and any manager would accept that.

Stop trying to make excuses for his total incompetence.

He didn't Den. I think he actually said 'In Keans mind.....' This is typical of this messageboard lately. The poor bloke didn't say he supported Kean, yet he's being told to stop making excuses for him.

Its become a grim old place of late. If you don't bang the frenzied 'i hate everything Rovers, except the team playing on a Saturday' drum then you're considered to be a defector. Its bloody ridiculous. 99.5% of fans want Kean out, but if you happen to post anything which dares to stray from this path you're castigated.

In the same way everyone wants Kean out for the betterment of the club. It should be appreciated when someone gives an ulteria opinon for the betterment of the messageboard. I've seen plenty of messageboards which (shock horror) encourage different views for the sake of debate. But it seems like the vast majority on here are incapable of civil debate. It always turns into a willy waving competition or an utter slanging match.

Kean's career as a manager is as good as finished right now. If he was to resign tomorrow he'd do well to get a job in League 2. The only way he can build any credibility is by taking us back into the premiership. From his perspective, considering he's not a Rovers fan, why would he leave?

I read one post which stated that any respectable manager walks after being relegated, the reason for that is because they know that they'll be fired if they don't resign. Kean doesn't have that worry. If you're as unsackable as he appears to be all he has to contend with is the fans, which as we saw last season can only do so much if the owners refuse to listen.

I want to see the back of Kean as much as anyone else, but if you look at it from his perspective, he's not going to jump before he's pushed.

Archived