BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann

Dreyski

Dann is the worst centre half I can remember us playing on a regular basis.

Admittedly my memory doesn't stretch that far back so I'm sure there are worse, but I do include Amoruso, Peacock and Dailly so it still says something.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dann is shocking..... made a MASSIVE, school boy error for their goal, got beat easily several times when players ran at him...Add to that awful lumped up passes which he just hits anywhere, and not being very good in the air....basically he is crap.

He made 1 or 2 good blocks, that was it, nothing more.

The trouble is that Hanley is equally shocking. He had a dreadful game last night, was responsible for their opening goal and generally got the run around with League One players. As for awful lumped up passes - that describes Hanley perfectly. The truth is we need a decent centre-half to play alongside Givet, not another guy from Portugal who is going to take forever to adjust to English football.

Nicko saying QPR were watching Dann last night. Might be the answer to some prayers on here. They look like the type of club willing to overpay for a centre back.

No chance of selling him then, he was rubbish.

The trouble is that Hanley is equally shocking. He had a dreadful game last night, was responsible for their opening goal and generally got the run around with League One players. As for awful lumped up passes - that describes Hanley perfectly. The truth is we need a decent centre-half to play alongside Givet, not another guy from Portugal who is going to take forever to adjust to English football.

Hanleys 1st game don't forget.

As for another CB, I agree we do!

Hanleys 1st game don't forget.

As for another CB, I agree we do!

Hanley's not good enough Hughesy. He fell away last season and if we want to progress we have to do better. Personally, I think Dann is the better of the two but neither is really good enough.

I agree, Dann just about shades it but I was there last night and both are rubbish. Hanley looks more like a rugby player,has the turning circle of a barge and no composure on the ball whatsoever.

With either of those two partnering Givet we're guaranteed to concede goals on a regular basis throughout the season.

PB - didn't see the match - but listening on the radio it seemed like the midfield gave little protection to the defence. The way Kean sets his team out - even Samba and Nelsen would struggle to look like decent players.

Hanley's not good enough Hughesy. He fell away last season and if we want to progress we have to do better. Personally, I think Dann is the better of the two but neither is really good enough.

You mean he fell away after playing really well for months......along with the rest of our team as Nzonzi was dropped and we lost 8 out of 9 games........Dann is a liability, Hanley is raw and just a ball-winning defender....if he's told to play out the back then yea, he'll also be a liability but let Givet do that and let Hanley concentrate on winning the ball......give him a run in the team next to a partner as well....it's hard for CB's to find form when they are in and out of the team and playing with different partners.....they need time to develop an understanding.

PB - didn't see the match - but listening on the radio it seemed like the midfield gave little protection to the defence. The way Kean sets his team out - even Samba and Nelsen would struggle to look like decent players.

Exactly.

Etuhu actually gave some decent protection in the first half. Both Dann and Hanley looked ok when passing sideways across the back four. Once expected to do more than that however they're both sorely lacking.Hanley also looks noticably overweight to me,perhaps his alleged liking for the booze isn't helping??

You mean he fell away after playing really well for months......along with the rest of our team as Nzonzi was dropped and we lost 8 out of 9 games........Dann is a liability, Hanley is raw and just a ball-winning defender....if he's told to play out the back then yea, he'll also be a liability but let Givet do that and let Hanley concentrate on winning the ball......give him a run in the team next to a partner as well....it's hard for CB's to find form when they are in and out of the team and playing with different partners.....they need time to develop an understanding.

Exactly.

I've watched Hanley since he was a youngster in the Academy and he is still making the same mistakes. He improved for a time under Sam but I thought during the latter part of last season he started going backwards. Football is a game of opinions. If I had to choose between Dann and Hanley partnering Givet I'd go with Dann but would rather see a good, experienced player brought in. I honestly don't believe that he was left exposed by the midfield last night. Etuhu and Jorge hardly moved across the half-way line.

Dann has all the makings of a damn good centre-half and has had bursts of form before. Unfortunately, he seems like a confidence player and any confidence is continually hit when playing in a Kean-inspired lineup.

While he has made some errors, he has looked a solid, reliable centre-back so far. He might be a Kean-lover, but he could also be a key player for us.

For some reason, this Actim Index Player Rankings thing has him as our best player in the league so far,,,

http://actim.pressassociation.com/

• 4 weeks later...

Archived