BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann

Dreyski

I really don't understand the "he wasn't as bad as people are making out" comments.

He was. He was absolutely terrible and then some. Can't jump, can't tackle, can't read the game.

and can't kick a ball. [seriously].

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely this is a load of rubbish? Why would AJAX (?!) be interested in Scott Dann when they have a world famous academy and fairly obvious business plan from this?

Apparently Ajax has pretty much signed Barcelona's Marc Muniesa on loan to replace Vertonghen. So I think it's safe to assume it's just Dann's agent spreading lies to generate interest.

I really don't understand the "he wasn't as bad as people are making out" comments.

He was. He was absolutely terrible and then some. Can't jump, can't tackle, can't read the game.

this.

He was absolutely woeful last season and that's being nice, he was the worst player in the worst defence in the league and definitely the worst centre back I've seen in a Rovers shirt.

If Ajax are seriously interested in him (doubtful) I'll push him across the North Sea on a lilo myself to get him there.

You obviously haven't noticed Venkys "sell then don't bother replacing" policy! :) In the days of Mark Hughes we would have explained to the player that until we had a replacement lined up, we could not sell and the player would then have generally carried on playing until such time knowing that the situation was understood by all concerned and would be solved asap. Nowadays, the manager can't persuade even those who don't want away to give 100% let alone those who do.

Only sell if we get a solid replacement

Only sell if- SELL SELL SELL SELL!!!!

You obviously haven't noticed Venkys "sell then don't bother replacing" policy! :) In the days of Mark Hughes we would have explained to the player that until we had a replacement lined up, we could not sell and the player would then have generally carried on playing until such time knowing that the situation was understood by all concerned and would be solved asap.

In this instance, I don't care. If we had a few million coming our way I'd far rather sell and rely on a youth team player than see Dann amble around for us again.

I don't care either and thought O'Connor looked ok the other day, but I was replying to Hughesy trying to suggest we should hold on till we got a replacement

Sure, I wasn't having a go. I should clarify before anyone says, I DO think we need to buy a 'replacement'- but I think we need a centre half even if he doesn't go. However, what I'm saying is I would still sell him even if no direct replacement was coming in, because he is nothing but a liability from what we've seen, and I'd rather play and develop a youthie.

I've just ###### myself laughing at what I just read on Scott Dann on a Saint's forum.

He basically sounds like a very cultured, technical centre back. We all know how much NA likes the CB's to be able to play out from the back...so that would explain why we want him as much as we do.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived