SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann

Dreyski

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Although I still think Dann is our worst player, the 2 games he did play well last season were with Givet as partner.....he is clearly one of them CB's who need the right partner next to him so if he is allowed to develop a partnership with Givet, he might be alright for us.

Cue numpty brains to take Givet out and put Hanley back in.

Its all about confidence with this lad. He now has a decent partner instead of donkey Hanley

Think this says more about the quality of Givet than Hanley or Dann. This is because Hanley's best games were when Givet was partnering him!

This is why it was essential to keep Givet. The numpty though won't see it that way!

Played brilliantly today (goal aside.)

His distribution from the back is awful, his defending of the simple lofted ball over the top dreadful, but he made 1 great block. Brilliant!

His distribution from the back is awful, his defending of the simple lofted ball over the top dreadful, but he made 1 great block. Brilliant!

Centre halves are like Referees. You don't notice the good ones. Dann does some great things, like the 1st half block today but then let's himself down with the goal. I'd imagine Southhampton would still take Dann off our hands and we could find a better cheaper replacement.

I thought he was not so good, aside from the goal he gifted( how many is that ?) I thought his coverage at set pieces was lacking reading of the game is second rate, I just never feel comfortable with this impostor playing. Get rid

He seemingly wants to play at a higher level from what I've heard previously. Let him. He's one of the worst defenders I've seen at the club and we shelled out £6m. Take the hit and sell him for a few if we can.

I'd rather give Hanley a go. He might be a bit rugged around the edges but overall I feel more confident with Hanley than Dann.

Agreed. Givet and Hanley are clearly our best partnership. Dann's been relegated 2 seasons on the trot - that's not coincidence, he's just not very good.

wow, fickle or what?? most on here were slagging him to kingdom come last season and rightly so (hes ######) he has had two decent games, this season, against sub-standard opposition and some people on here will be asking why isn't roy hodgson calling him up!!!

The thing is that if you consider Leicester City, Ipswich and Hull to be 'sub standard opposition' then Dann should be fine in this league. I've got to be honest, I reckon quite a few of our players (Formica/Rochina/Dann/Murphy/Etuhu/Robinson/Best/Nuno Gomes/Givet/Olsson/Pedersen) will cope very well at this level. Dann got found out in the prem, but its been clear that teams are far less clinical at this level so I doubt he'll struggle so much.

He seemingly wants to play at a higher level from what I've heard previously. Let him. He's one of the worst defenders I've seen at the club and we shelled out £6m. Take the hit and sell him for a few if we can.

I'd rather give Hanley a go. He might be a bit rugged around the edges but overall I feel more confident with Hanley than Dann.

So 2 centre halves is the way to go?

I'm no lover of Dann, but if we were to sell him it's likely we wouldn't replace him with anyone better.

We have few enough defenders as it is. We are playing a left sided forward at left back.

Dann is shocking..... made a MASSIVE, school boy error for their goal, got beat easily several times when players ran at him...Add to that awful lumped up passes which he just hits anywhere, and not being very good in the air....basically he is crap.

He made 1 or 2 good blocks, that was it, nothing more.

Dann is shocking..... made a MASSIVE, school boy error for their goal, got beat easily several times when players ran at him...Add to that awful lumped up passes which he just hits anywhere, and not being very good in the air....basically he is crap.

He made 1 or 2 good blocks, that was it, nothing more.

Getting very worried now, having to agree with Hughesy for the second time in minutes !

Spot on though.

I also think Dann is a liability. We need to drop him. Had a few quality moments against Leicester but he just keeps on making major mistakes. I agree Hanley would be a better shout.

So does it look like we will hold onto Givet and Robinson? I am quite surprised by that. I thought both would be off...

Archived