BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann

Dreyski

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dann was the worst defender in the league last season. Before that he had a season with lot of injuries. Loaning him would be a very stupid move. After three horrible seasons there would be no way to find a buyer. Replace him now and hope there will be idiot like us and buy him in the latest hours of the August window.

Is there no one else curious to see if dann would come good? Or is it just me?

I was last season as he was seriously injured for a while and he had looked good from what I saw of him at Birmingham but now I just want him gone for anything over a million.....but based on his past performances elsewhere I think we would get somewhere between 2.5 and 4.

He has no redeeming qualities and I think I've said this a few times now but his pathetic attempts at jumping to win headers aren't gonna be beneficial when he will have to deal with them a lot more next season.

he is very very poor at defending for a defender, how he achieved this perception as a silky classy center half prior to coming here is beyond me makes me almost and i say almost as nervous watching him defend set pieces as it did watching the cart horse liability that was amoruso.

I used to care that the club got a good deal and got wasters off the wages but i could'nt care less about venkys so sod it loan the bugger out just don't give the prick manager the opputunity to ever pick him again.

I still want everyone associated with the club to be a success I just can't understand the logic of some! You would really sooner cut your own nose off to spite your face! I however like many others just wants to get behind the team, dann included!

We want him gone cos he's ######......We'd rather him turn out to be good but the chances of that happening are slim and then next summer we would get less than 1 million.

There's also a slight, slight chance Kean could learn from his mistakes and get better also but why take the risk?

At this time we would still get an alright fee for him based on his B'ham days so it's a good idea to sell....regardless of the slight chance that he could turn out to be a better than average player, although whether or not fans get behind him has practically no bearing on that.

Personal opinion - not certain Dann is as bad as some are making out. Our defenders were woefully exposed last season - so I would prefer to wait until he has a decent midfield in front of him or/and we have a decent manager - before I make the sort of judgements being made on this thread.

He needs a strong leader beside him I think. But it would be stupid to sell him now, he can provide good enough backup in the Championship.

He won't be back-up though, he would be played ahead of Givet or Hanley. He did look better in a couple of games beside Givet but I would rather sell him and get in a Championship experienced defender.

I really don't understand the "he wasn't as bad as people are making out" comments.

He was. He was absolutely terrible and then some. Can't jump, can't tackle, can't read the game.

If Ajax are interested in him then I may dust off my boots, because it shows that anything is possible. In reality he must have 1 bleddy good agent.

Archived