BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

• Backroom

I genuinely fear for the future of the club. All of this stinks to high heaven, and if we don't go up I don't see how we can afford to pay the hefty wages Murphy, Best, Kazim-Richards, MGP, Etuhu, Dann, Givet etc are on. Best bet is a firesale next season, but who's buying and willing to pay the kind of wages these players are on?

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every single deal done in this window is questionable if we are honest.

All typical kean deals. Picture now the fat bald pig smiling all the way to the bank along with his agent friends.

Club is destroyed.

Etuhu, Murphy, Best, Kazim are all steady signings. Top that with a couple of youngsters with potential I dont think is very questionable.

Etuhu, Murphy, Best, Kazim are all steady signings. Top that with a couple of youngsters with potential I dont think is very questionable.

Best is injury prone(as any Newcastle fan could have told you), Murphy hasnt any where near lived up to the hype, Kazim is just here to put himself in the shop window for a permanent move to the prem which leaves Etuhu as the only solid & sensible signing made.

also:- Gomes is only good for 20mins here and there, nunes has potential but is a liability.

Best is injury prone(as any Newcastle fan could have told you), Murphy hasnt any where near lived up to the hype, Kazim is just here to put himself in the shop window for a permanent move to the prem which leaves Etuhu as the only solid & sensible signing made.

also:- Gomes is only good for 20mins here and there, nunes has potential but is a liability.

So what is someone is putting themself in the shopping window ? Could still be a sensible signign. Now you are just being negative for the sake of it.

So what is someone is putting themself in the shopping window ? Could still be a sensible signign. Now you are just being negative for the sake of it.

wasnt being negative, just pointing out that only Ethuhu is the only solid short and long term signing, all the other transfers have been made to line the pockets of kean/agents/venkys and not for the best of the club long term.

Signing 5 unknown Portuguese players from the 2nd division over there, is certainly questionable. You could argue that these players have been signed for development purchases, (as mentioned, if 1 makes it, venkys still make a profit). If that was the case, you would have to ask yourself why the unknown fabio nunes has been given the number 7 shirt in front of players such as Rochina, Vuckevic, Formica etc. Also, if these players are for developing, why even mention them to the same level? Surely a quiet transfer to represent the reserves would be a better idea.

And these 5 signings, are not the first bit of questionable business. Not mentioning the amount of transfer talk we have had in the past 2 years. Most of it seemed made up to appease the fans. Dodgy.

The whole situ smacks of a shop window situation, which will not help our promotion push. If you remember the last time we fought our way out of the division, it was because of the skill of two homegrown youth talents mixed in with some proven quality at this level, topped off with some invaluable top flight experience.

The negative truth is; We are being run into the ground through stupid decisions like this. Honestly, I would love to be positive but what is the likelihood that the bald moron could ever get anything right?

Simple fact that belies all positives - We need to return to the top flight. If you where a manager would you;

A. Sign experienced pro's on the cheap who are proven in this division/country.

B. Sign a load of youngsters with no pedigree for this level football on the cheap.

This is an obvious answer, which doesn't even bring into the fact that they are all probably from the same agency.

This club's transfer system is quite simply a joke.

I think we are brining in all these young, cheap, unproven portugese players, as a way of making money,

Even if 1 of the portugese players makes it, It will be a profit for Venkys.

Buy cheap, sell on for big profit.

But then why sign a nearly 26 centre back who has only irregularly played in the Portuguese 2nd Division?

That's my worry.

I think I live in hope of him being another Ryan Nelsen!

The unknown Ryan Nelsen who had played nearly 100 times for DC united, and was already NZ captain....

This does not compare.

Do you think that all these agent fees, wages etc. are being spent by the Venky's idiots as they've just replied to an e-mail from a former Nigerian minister, and are expecting a share of £200m very soon? That really would not surprise me.

http://www.football-...4~167055,00.pdf

I don't know which organisation will be next reporting how much we have paid to agents but the Football League include more information than the Premier League in their reports. Whoever it is it should make interesting reading.

Well that's going to be one league table that kean and associates gets us to the top of, no doubt it will be remembered as finishing top of the Champions League when he next has his love in with Mama Chicken

Do you think that all these agent fees, wages etc. are being spent by the Venky's idiots as they've just replied to an e-mail from a former Nigerian minister, and are expecting a share of £200m very soon? That really would not surprise me.

So true, and no doubt will be added to the list of "just like a member of the family"

Aye, I bet Roberts is itching to get back to the club that froze him out of team due to contractual reasons.

I was listening to a 5live podcast over the wkend -Some Premier League Preview thing- and Roberts freely admitted he was left out due to 'Money'

The Portugal tie in is beyond comprehension.

'Kazim Kazim' has been our standout player. Bags of energy.

Looks like theyll be a lot of pressure on him to continue a be prolific.

A scary thought.

But then why sign a nearly 26 centre back who has only irregularly played in the Portuguese 2nd Division?

But wait.. Our new savior and terrace darling 'Bruno' had a comparable career! :rock:

To me they are all questionable signings as pointed out by others.

For me we have a poor squad, capable of mid table in the champ. With the pig as manager we could end up having a long season.

People are too fearful of the Championship. We have a squad capable of play offs minimum.

Whether the manager can organise to achieve that is another matter but we have the potential there. I don't buy that we have a poor squad worthy of mid table in this league.

To me they are all questionable signings as pointed out by others.

For me we have a poor squad, capable of mid table in the champ. With the pig as manager we could end up having a long season.

Poor squad???

Paul Robinson, Gael Givet, Colin Kazim Richards, Danny Murphy, Grant Hanley, Dickson Etuhu, Leon Best, Martin Olsson are all very decent players.

Ruben Rochina has bags of ability and potential, Formica is an Argentina international, Morten Gamst Pedersen can be effective when used correctly, David Goodwillie is a Scottish international who has consistently scored goals in the SPL and Nuno Gomes is an excellent experienced player to have as back-up. We also have the likes of Dann and Orr who have experience of promotion from this league and aren't slouches either, Simon and N'zonzi if they ever come back in from the wilderness...I think we have a very good squad, the best in the league - but sadly, an unlikeable, pretend manager.

Were you well aware of him before we signed him - honestly?

No, but I was never particularly interested in football outside of the UK. Compared to Henrique, a complete unknown Ryan had the facts he had played at top level MLS (not quite the best in the world but higher than portuguese 2nd) and he was the captain of NZ (again not a massive footballing legacy)

Simply, in footballing terms; Nelsen was a lot less of a risk. That is unless this Portuguese lad is on £200 a week. Highly doubtful about that.

our squad is mid-table at the moment, without a proven quality striker we have no chance of going up, none of our current strikers are capable of getting into double figures, if we had a proven finisher and a proper manager (i mean manager) then play-offs would be possible. Without these 2 things, we may as well start preparing for life in the championship next season too

Archived