BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window - Part 2

Kamy100

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We not looking for someone to play alongside Murphy ?

I guess Lowe and Petrovic will compete for that role (with Dunn providing competition for Murphy). Both should be good enough at this level.

It's the wings that bother me. If we're going more 4-4-2 than we need more solid players out there than the current options.

I guess Lowe and Petrovic will compete for that role (with Dunn providing competition for Murphy). Both should be good enough at this level.

It's the wings that bother me. If we're going more 4-4-2 than we need more solid players out there than the current options.

We need pace, christ, I have milk in my firidge which will turn faster than some of our players!!

We need pace, christ, I have milk in my firidge which will turn faster than some of our players!!

Can't argue with that, but pace should come out wide and up front, it's not really a necessity in central midfield.

They wont be LeC.

I thought Petrovic looked improved towards the end of last season. There was no bigger critic than myself of his early season form, but after that spell on the sidelines he looked better. He's got 27 caps for Serbia and CL experience, and is only 23. I think he'll be a decent player for us next year - we certainly can't sign players with a better pedigree at the moment.

Lowe I'm less sure about, but he deserves a chance in his favoured position after a decent first season in the top division. If we were linked with an England U21 defensive midfielder I'm sure we'd all be very happy.

Both have good engines so should be able to provide the legs that Murphy is lacking. I think the strikers, the defence and the wide midfield areas are more of a worry at the moment.

Simon should be due back at some point soon. Had an opp on his nose i think (which is why he wore that mask last season) Cryer tweeted about it

I'd like to see more of him next season. From what I saw of him in the 8 mins pitch time or what ever he got, he looked very good

I agree with Den, central midfield is still a problem area that needs strengthening. I'm not convinced by Lowe at all. Dunny and Pedersen will I feel be more exposed in this league due to the physicality, neither can dominate the midfield in a bruising encounter. There are huge question marks on Petrovic and I get the impression that the manager doesn't rate him at all. We might as well forget about N'zonzi as well.

Rovers really need someone like a Jermaine Jones, a player who can boss the midfield physically by breaking up play and giving the ball to Murphy who can start moves. If Rovers are going to play a 4-4-2 then they need some steel or battling qualities alongside Murphy, like we saw with the successful Savage and Tugay partnership.

Couldn't agree more with regards to CM.

I don't consider Dunn and Pedersen to be CM's. Dunn is far, far better as an attacking mid/second striker and Pedersen will be best off out wide in the Championship.

N'Zonzi is off, which leaves, Murphy, Lowe, Rado, Jorge, Linganzi (He still here?)

Murphy is fine but Lowe and Rado have work to do to prove they are up to it. Jorge has no experience of English footy and Linganzi is horrific. We could end up been very short in the middle of the park. Plus there are more games to get through, with more injuries, fatigue and suspensions for players.

Interesting to see Tim Payne playing a DM role for NZ at the olympics tho, i wonder if Kean has been watching?

Couldn't agree more with regards to CM.

I don't consider Dunn and Pedersen to be CM's. Dunn is far, far better as an attacking mid/second striker and Pedersen will be best off out wide in the Championship.

It probably is Dunn's best position but it looks like we'll have plenty of those players already, and Dunn is getting better at the deeper role as he gets older (probably as he is more content to sit rather than try and bomb forward all the time).

If we're building a squad then we have to look at having two players for each position really...

Robinson

Orr Hanley Givet Mn. Olsson

Formica Murphy Petrovic Pedersen

Goodwillie Gomes

Bunn

Henley Dann O'Connor Morris

Vukcevic Dunn Lowe Ms. Olsson

Edinho Rochina

Honestly, looking that, I don't think central midfield is the biggest concern. The depth on quality in the defence is alarming, the lack of pace out wide could make us easy to play against, and with Best injured we have no focal point in attack.

I'd probably look to move Formica and Vukcevic on if possible, I don't think either will be much use in this division.

Simon should be due back at some point soon. Had an opp on his nose i think (which is why he wore that mask last season) Cryer tweeted about it

I'd worry more about his appearance fee keeping him on the touchlines. What a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in regarding Simon.

IMO Lowe and Petro aren't good enough to play CM in the Championship, let alone the Prem. They'll both get bullied next season in that role. Lowe could get away with it at RB but not CM.

It probably is Dunn's best position but it looks like we'll have plenty of those players already, and Dunn is getting better at the deeper role as he gets older (probably as he is more content to sit rather than try and bomb forward all the time).

If we're building a squad then we have to look at having two players for each position really...

Robinson

Orr Hanley Givet Mn. Olsson

Formica Murphy Petrovic Pedersen

Goodwillie Gomes

Bunn

Henley Dann O'Connor Morris

Vukcevic Dunn Lowe Ms. Olsson

Edinho Rochina

Honestly, looking that, I don't think central midfield is the biggest concern. The depth on quality in the defence is alarming, the lack of pace out wide could make us easy to play against, and with Best injured we have no focal point in attack.

I'd probably look to move Formica and Vukcevic on if possible, I don't think either will be much use in this division.

Yer our defence needs looking at, no doubts there. I just have concerns that Lowe and Petrovic are not actually good enough. Neither really showed much on a consistant basis last season, although it could be down to the overall poor showing of the team and Kean.

Rado, Jorge and Lowe are still young and learning. I think we would benefit from having an experienced (ideally championship) CM in the squad.

I dont buy into the thought process that players will get "bullied" in the Championship as so many state withing these forums. Jem Karacan, Jay Tabb & Mikele Liegertwood for Reading; or Cork & Hammond for Southampton are hardly tough tacking "hard" midfielders but did more than adequate last season. I agree Petrovic needs to improve and fast especially on his pace & agility, and Lowe certainly has an engine on him to be the "Savage" type of player; but again is raw and need to improve on his passing and composure on the ball. I would like us to go for Buczacky at CM, or/and Jonjo Shelvey (Loan), Wilson from Liverpool at CB, + a Striker = names that have been well documented as above are some good names RSC could do some damage in this leage.

I dont buy into the thought process that players will get "bullied" in the Championship as so many state withing these forums. Jem Karacan, Jay Tabb & Mikele Liegertwood for Reading; or Cork & Hammond for Southampton are hardly tough tacking "hard" midfielders but did more than adequate last season. I agree Petrovic needs to improve and fast especially on his pace & agility, and Lowe certainly has an engine on him to be the "Savage" type of player; but again is raw and need to improve on his passing and composure on the ball. I would like us to go for Buczacky at CM, or/and Jonjo Shelvey (Loan), Wilson from Liverpool at CB, + a Striker = names that have been well documented as above are some good names RSC could do some damage in this leage.

You could probably add Leon Britton to that list also from the season before....he's what? about 5 foot 5?....I just checked as I couldn't remember if it was Britton or Brittan and he is genuinely 5 foot 5.

Jonjo Shelvey on loan would be a really good acquisition....Wilson had lots of potential at Rangers but I would prefer a bit more experience preferably.

I'm a fan of Buzsaky but we're not exactly crying out for attacking midfielders and I think we should only go for him if Formica leaves.

Shelvey would be a great compliment to Murphy.

I wanna see Petrovic play with Murphy this preseason to see if he can hack it.

this would be great:

In

Park Chu-Young (6month loan)

Rhodes 6.5m

Shelvey (season long Loan)

Hughes 1m

Out

Olsson

N'Zonzi

Blackman

Archived