BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Radosav petrovic

Earlydoors

Now don't get me wrong, I think Petrovic was pants but how come he's been sold so soon after arriving at the club? Surely, whoever bought him, (and there are mutterings that #SteveKeanOut did not have control of transfers) thought enough of him to give him more than 6 months to settle?

Or are we just a merry-go-round for agents fees?

He was clearly not first choice and it is probably true that his style of play is not totally suited to the fast and physical nature of the Championship. It's a bit of a shame to see him go as I do think he could have turned into a good player.

Utter liability. Yes, he played a handful of 40 yard passes that were exquisite, but more often than not he gave the ball away in dangerous positions and had the pace of a slug. It wouldn't surprise me if he'd more assists for opposing teams than Rovers. Still, he might have come good (or at least decent) under a different manager than Nobbo

He was clearly not first choice and it is probably true that his style of play is not totally suited to the fast and physical nature of the Championship. It's a bit of a shame to see him go as I do think he could have turned into a good player.

Told you after a couple of games he wasn't good enough Eddie.

I still believe that he will go on to have a successful career and that he could make it in the Premier League. He was in-and-out of the side, played alongside different partners of varying quality in a side that lacked any real shape or clear tactical approach and was often asked to play different roles from game-to-game. He's still young, he's still learning and I hope that he has better luck in Turkey.

I know you're fishing Bradock, thats what all your posts are about.

But despite my better judgement I'll bite.

I don't think it was ever a chance of the fans not giving him a chance. He was poor last season. I thought he'd be ok in the Championship but he was always going to be behind Etuhu. He wanted to move on, very little we could do about it.

He had a poor start and the fans went for him. His confidence was shot.

It took a bit of luck during one game where he ended up doing a phenomenal piece of skill by half falling over the ball, the fans held off the booing, he got a clap and he started showing a little bit of what he could do. It was all too late by then though. Shows what a bit of confidence can do though. Had the fans been more encouraging he may (though not necessarily) have settled better.

Shame the fans never gave him a chance. He'd have been very useful in this league.

Sorry totally disagree. I actually think he will end up being a reasonable player in the right team - but his main problem in the Premiership was his lack of pace and aggression. Murphy has more pace and aggression than Petrovic (though it is very much a snail race) - but even he has struggled to adapt to the Championship - IMO it would have been worse for Petrovic.

Archived