BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Possible new manager

I know this is EXTREMELY unlikely to happen (although i pray for it every given second) with 'Mr untouchable' currently at the helm but in the unbelievable situation that a new position became available tomorrow who if you were Venky's (both sides of the family devision) would you appoint (you've gotta get into their mind set with this one...remember all the necessary factors e.g Wow factor i.e Maradona, Kentaro/SEM links, ability to speak Portuguese, lack of morals/ability to be a Venky's puppet, ability to talk utter bull....) so who would it be/ and more importantly (Venky's aside) who could/should it be (remember Shebby needs plenty of advice from Journalists/public for his transfer targets so help him out...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dougie Freedman.

Young, hungry and capable.

Proven track record at a club like Palace would suggest he would do wonders at a club of Rovers' size with the facilities we have.

I thought he was struggling a bit? Granted all appears not well at Selhurst Park.

For me we should push the boat out for Ian Holloway who has shown some indication of possibly being a little frustrated at Blackpool. Other than that.............Eric Black?

for me its always been , frank rijkaard or brian laudrup but since brian went to swansea ...... frank rijkaard is my top choice with tugay as assistant

Whilst he has easy exit visa, Frank is not over happy in the restrictions in Saudi, ie, no alcohol, beach restrictions etc, would be a good shout ;)

Whilst he has easy exit visa, Frank is not over happy in the restrictions in Saudi, ie, no alcohol, beach restrictions etc, would be a good shout ;)

Not only that, he's desperate to prove himself and he's a student of total football who can mould young players.

I'm sure he would join miqaayil.

well i can always pray

I would want a ex player to come in and gather the club/fan base again, kind of like what Kenny did in Liverpool. Would love to have Salgado or tugay involved in some role but not as manager.

Dont really know who of our ex players who has taken up coaching but henning berg has done a decent job in norway over a period with 2 different clubs and he did very well with bringing in young talent and selling them with a huge profit (of course that is harder to do in cship/premier league,) and he would deffo sort out our defense.

Would not want shearer or hendry though, don't think they would do well

Not only that, he's desperate to prove himself and he's a student of total football who can mould young players.

well i can always pray

Probably one of the few around at the moment who is capable of doing that, tactically very good too, a players manager but very firm and fair!

Ian Holloway would be first choice, not sure he'd leave Blackpool but has he ever been approached by another club?

Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a bad shout, he's done it before a few times at this level and is the sort of no nonsense bloke we need at the club after what seems like a lifetime of Steve Kean and his lies and delusion.

Shebby would try Shearer I think.

I'd take Shearer, there's no way he could do a worse job than Kean.

Ian Holloway would be first choice, not sure he'd leave Blackpool but has he ever been approached by another club?

Mick McCarthy wouldn't be a bad shout, he's done it before a few times at this level and is the sort of no nonsense bloke we need at the club after what seems like a lifetime of Steve Kean and his lies and delusion.

I'd take Shearer, there's no way he could do a worse job than Kean.

No way anyone could do a worse job than kean

Abbey, its not torture, its dreaming of a time when we have our club back, god knows when but for the first time in a while, I have some real hope!!

Kelbo, what gives you hope? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Is it just this business of how nervous he looks lately?

'BIg names' are no guarantee and the probability of them failing is high at a club like Rovers.

Go for the tred and trusted, Holloway and Adkins are great shouts.

Both surely in better jobs already mercer?

Archived