BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Trust Press Release and Launch - BRSIT and BRST merge

Paul

We have worked hard to make this as affordable as possible to all - you can become a member of the Trust for a tenner.

This gives you the same amount of say into the running and future direction of the trust as any other individual who signs up.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have worked hard to make this as affordable as possible to all - you can become a member of the Trust for a tenner.

This gives you the same amount of say into the running and future direction of the trust as any other individual who signs up.

Roost, there are a lot of very good and capable people all working very hard to help make Rovers Trust a success.

It is not about any one person.

You seem to agree with the aims of Rovers Trust so back that.

I am sure that there are BE, but one person has damaged the trusts aims in my opinion and for that reason I will not commit at the moment. Without that person you have my backing, and my hard earned money.

How does that work? If I put in £20k, I'd expect more of a say than someone who invested a tenner.

How does that work? If I put in £20k, I'd expect more of a say than someone who invested a tenner.

Buying shares in Rovers Trust is not the same as buying shares in a for-profit company. This is a social enterprise, a Community Benefit Society. Rovers Trust's basic principles include a fully democratic structure, which means 1 member, 1 vote. You could possibly earn more return on your investment elsewhere (not likely in today's climate), and you could possibly gain more influence for your shareholding elsewhere, but if that is what you are after, then you should go put your money in a building society, or go invest in Apple, Inc. If you do that though, you aren't going to be helping Blackburn Rovers Football Club, or the local Blackburn and Darwen communities and surrounding areas.

However, if you want to be a part of a fully democratic supporters trust that does not cede control to a an elite few, but rather remains all inclusive to every member, has only the welfare of the Club and the surrounding community in mind, and wants to bring the Club back to the community through gaining an ownership stake, then Rovers Trust is where you should put your money.

Shares will be fully withdrawable at the discretion of the Board, and the Rovers Trust Rewards programme is equivalent of up to an annual 5% interest on your share investment.

Roost, if you don't like the people who are on the committee, you can vote them off at the inaugural elections...but you have to be a member to have a vote. Those elections have to take place a maximum of 6 months after the launch event, which will be held in late November. If the elections don't go the way you want, you can always cancel your membership to let it run out later...

Have RoversTrust ever thought about using kickstarter.com for raising membership package, pledge schemes and share initiatives?

Might make it simple for people to join and for over sea's supporters also might generate more intrest

I have actually thought of this, and am actually investigating the possibility, but typically kickstarter is used by startups and individuals who have a product or service idea that they need forward funding for in order to develop and produce. The "investors" usually pay up front for the finished product.

It is possible that people could pay up front to reserve a community share but there would also have to be a provision for signing up for membership in Rovers Trust at the same time. If you are familiar with the ins and outs of kickstarter, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Having searched the website of the Rovers Trust. Listened to the podcast. Done a little research myself. I am happy to support the Rovers Trust. Although still not happy with Wayne Wild because of his comments on twitter awhile back, which myself and others found 'distasteful'. i can put that aside.

But happy to support the Rovers Trust.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got a link to the Radio Lancs show? Radio Lancs never seems to work on my computer these days.

I would love the trust to work. Any Rovers fans who still have doubts have a look at the KGH meeting on youtube and see what you think. There aren't many people who want to hand over a grand without having a good think about it but once I saw the KGH meeting I was happy to pledge. Reading this thread, a few people having a pop at Wayne Wild. Fair play to the guy for stepping forward I say. I have never met him but I have chatted to him by email and Twitter and he has always been sound with me. What would Rovers fans prefer - Derek Shaw? No thanks.

• Backroom

Derek Shaw or Wayne Wild?

Daft question, one of them is in football one isn't, I'm sure if the trust took over the club they would want football men involved in the running of the club and not a jobs for the boys type thing

Daft question, one of them is in football one isn't, I'm sure if the trust took over the club they would want football men involved in the running of the club and not a jobs for the boys type thing

And Shaw became a Director of the club because ?

Personal opinions aside he is from a footballing background though

Well being largely responsible for the mess PNE are in with overspending during his period there, does not full me with confidence, PNE were fairly successful during that period but are paying for it now. But as a Director of the club, is a footballing background important ? I would think it would be more important to have a sound business background (and a bonus if they support the club ) and get the position based on that and not because you are mates with a guy who got a promotion because he thought he backed the winning horse.

Yeah, I know the Trust aren't looking to be involved in this way. The point I was trying to make is there are people who have been involved at the club over the last couple of years who are deserving of far greater scrutiny than Wayne Wild. If you get a spare couple of hours type Derek Shaw into Lancashire Post search facility and have a read up on articles relating to his years at PNE. He may have been in and around a Championship club before but there is nothing at all impressive about Derek Shaw's "achievements" in football.

The Rovers Trust isn't one person, it's a group of fans including Wayne who have the aim of making ALL fans' voices heard, by obtaining, "full or part ownership of Blackburn Rovers Football Club and its assets on behalf of fellow supporters in order to represent supporters' views whilst protecting the club’s short and long-term future."

There are currently 14 fans on the initial steering group committee but new input is welcome; there is currently a vacancy for a Secretary. You can also become a member immediately for just 10 pounds. Please read the website and find out more www.roverstrust.co.uk

Anyone got a link to the Radio Lancs show? Radio Lancs never seems to work on my computer these days.

I would love the trust to work. Any Rovers fans who still have doubts have a look at the KGH meeting on youtube and see what you think. There aren't many people who want to hand over a grand without having a good think about it but once I saw the KGH meeting I was happy to pledge. Reading this thread, a few people having a pop at Wayne Wild. Fair play to the guy for stepping forward I say. I have never met him but I have chatted to him by email and Twitter and he has always been sound with me. What would Rovers fans prefer - Derek Shaw? No thanks.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rammes/p00z7ysd

The Trust is a very good idea - it's got to the stage at an amazing pace thanks very much to some of the guys that are being questioned. As Dan Grabko says it's democratic and Wayne Wild won't be there if he doesn't have the support in the long-term. But you've got to be a member to have a say.

Very valid idea. We're all members in my house and the money is ready to put into the escrow account as soon as it's needed .......

Rovers are not (as far as I am aware) currently in as poor a condition financially as Portsmouth are. But there has been plenty of conjecture to suggest that things could deteriorate rapidly at Ewood. Portsmouth went from bad to worse and back again in terms of who owned the club, and only very recently have the Pompey Trust got to the stage where they are close to owning the club.

Should the worst case scenario become reality at Rovers, do you want any number of hostile, aggressive, profit seeking prospective buyers being the only alternatives to VH? We need to put together a viable, professional, fan based alternative to the current corporate and offshore investment based owner models to make sure the next change of ownership at Rovers means the future is secure, and the club becomes a focal point of the community, an organisation that is more than just a professional football club, but something that serves its supporters as a centre for entertainment, education, sporting excellence and a role model for future generations to come.

To make this possible it requires backing. It requires members-paying members. It costs only £10 to join, which goes toward the day to day running of the Trust. It also requires people to become share owners-the £1000 investment (yes it is an investment as our plans show this will bring a return)-to enable us raise capital to make a serious bid to buy part or the whole of Blackburn Rovers.

Please try and see the fairly small jump from where we are right now-and where we could be in a very short space of time-and consider what you can do to make sure that Rovers future will be in the hands of the only truly reliable owners-the people who love the club, and the people who can take us forward democratically with the best interests of Rovers and its fans at the forefront of all the decision making.

Rover Trust Membership

Pompet Trust story.

Folks, the official launch of the Rovers Trust now has a venue, a date and a time!

Saturday November 24th, from 10am to midday at Blackburn Cathedral - a few hours prior to our home game with Millwall.

Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/401805716556433/

Google+ Event: https://plus.google.com/events/cdbgjq4u1mebhv4jiia7kcae5j8

More details coming soon at http://www.RoversTrust.co.uk.

Hope to see many of you there!

Archived