BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

That turn Rochina did when he did a 180 to face their goal was outstanding....completely mugged off their player.

Watched the extended highlights earlier.....even though apparently they were the better team they only had 3/4 chances apart from their goals.......and all but one were speculative shots from outside the area.....even though apparently that's what all ours were.....in fairness they did have that header that would have still gone wide if there was another goal alongside the real one.

I'm a big fan of Rochina.....the more he plays, the better his decision making will become......it's just one of those things that needs game-time to improve.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here here....time to go now Ben1142 I'm afraid to say.....first of all, none of us really give a f##k about Huddersfield.....secondly, you made over 100 tedious posts saying the same reasons over and over again why Rhodes wouldn't ever come to us.....then he did, obviously for all the money he was getting like we warned you of, and it made you look even more ridiculous.....like someone else said, you're still as condescending as ever and it's a bore to read.

Also, your first goal was a foul.....and my brother went to uni with a H'field fan who today told him that we were the better team and you were just forced to knock it long when you had little chance of creating chances normally.

I just saw the highlights, how has the ref not spotted that shirt pull, he damn near tore it off his back. Penalty was a penalty and I think the Hudds player was lucky to stay on the park, it was clearly a two footed lunge. Interesting though how eagle eye ben can see it's not a penalty but not even see the shirt pull. Anyway congrats to Hudds they are playing well, or at least they are doing well. We are not as good as advertised, but I think we might have begun to turn a corner with Henning.

what utter myopic nonsense!

Town were by far the better team in the first half and were deservedly 1 nil up. A bit of Rhodes magic leveled it for you but you were lucky not to be further behind. The ref gave a shocking decision for the penalty. Lynch took that ball cleanly never touching your man. He dived and the ref brought it. A terrible decision.

Town presently have our 2 main strikers out and so are a little bit short up front. Grayson decided to go more direct with Alan lee coming on. This conceded our towns midfield dominance to you in return for more presence up front. You did nowt with it and we were happy to allow you to pass it around in non threatening areas, to draw you onto us and then counter attack you. Proof of this the few shots you had in the 2nd half were 30yard pot shots that smithies has no problem dealing with. We finally got our deserved equaliser.

If the ref had not given that penalty, we'd had continued to dominate you in the centre and run the game and would probably have won 2-1. you have the ref to thank for your point last night.

In a return fixture, I have no doubts that we'd batter you. Especially with Vaughan, Beckford and Jack hunt providing all those crosses back in the team. You were lucky you played us when we were severely weakened.

What I can't gather from the town fans is dive or not why are you not angered by that 18 stone lump for jumping in anyway?! Ollsson was clever in my opinion, make sure you get to the ball first at speed and if the defender is stupid enough to touch you momentum will mean you will be knocked off balance. Not a dive for me, whether the player touched the ball or not is the refs choice but never a dive.

What is it about Huddersfield fans? They seem to be on every Rovers board on the internet at the moment being bitter idiots about the game. And now there's even one on here, rare in itself, and one who's after an argument, even rarer. Well congratulations mate, if your aim was to convince us your support is full of argumentative, childish, rude backward muppets, then you and your fellow Yorkshire keyboard warriors have done a great job the last few days. If you ever get bored of supporting a club that literally never does anything, I think you'd all fit in at Burnley.

Just saw the extended highlights.

We dominated the game with lots of shots on goal. Rochina was extremely impressive with an impeccable assist to rhodes, nice flicks and tricks, good passes all round and great attempts at goal... The lad just needs playtime and we'll see that he will run this league. Vukcevic also showed that he is class the minutes he was on, with a great attempt at goal from distance as well as picking out good passes and dribbling.

Too bad Huddersfield scored a late late goal out of nowhere. Rovers deserved 3 points.

Promising showing!

Just seen the extended highlights and interviews. Looked like we played well. Rochina quality and a great finish from Rhodes. I still think Grant Hanley should be a squad player. Not good enough to start in my opinion (although alternatives probably no better).

I thought Berg and Rhodes came across really well in the interviews.

A computer for ben1142 maybe.

available for strengthening in the January window if required. My prediction is if we are around the play off places at the end of the Christmas period (as we will be) the the 8 million plus however much extra Hoyle might wish to make available will be there to sign any players we need. Then it is onwards and upwards to a season in the premiership with a bit of luck.

available for strengthening in the January window if required. My prediction is if we are around the play off places at the end of the Christmas period (as we will be) the the 8 million plus however much extra Hoyle might wish to make available will be there to sign any players we need. Then it is onwards and upwards to a season in the premiership with a bit of luck.

Seriously deluded you fella. Huddersfield wont make the playoffs.

Absolute rubbish again from the deluded one. Name me one Hudds player that would get into a FULL STRENGTH Rovers team. Also why did Grayson want to leave Huddersfield for a "divisional rival"? He wanted the job Ben. Bigger club,better squad,facilities and richer history. Swivel on that Kermit.

Just the playoffs?, I thought you'd be 10 points clear and Champions by March with your mighty squad.

If Huddersfield somehow get into the Premiership I'll be straight down the bookies to put a bet on you beating Derby County's all time record low points. ;)

Talk about setting yourself up for a fall. I know we all have a tendency to over-rate our own players at times, but you seem to have some serious delusions about how good yours are.

:lol: :lol:

Huddersfield would be eaten alive in the big boys' league.

And, as has been said, you were extremely lucky that:

1) We are a team in total transition, and;

2) We were missing a number of big players through injury and had a makeshift team put together.

Wait until the rematch at Ewood. I have no doubts that the floor will be thoroughly wiped with your lot.

Hopefully with big Jordan banging in a nice little hattrick...

Absolute rubbish again from the deluded one. Name me one Hudds player that would get into a FULL STRENGTH Rovers team. Also why did Grayson want to leave Huddersfield for a "divisional rival"? He wanted the job Ben. Bigger club,better squad,facilities and richer history. Swivel on that Kermit.

All this about Grayson/Redknapp/who-ever else speaking to Blackburn is utter deluded garbage.

The amount of kean that get's spouted out of your club, officially or "unofficially" is embarrassing.

If Tuesday was seriously your best performance all season then you've got a long road ahead before you get back to the Premier League.

• Backroom

All this about Grayson/Redknapp/who-ever else speaking to Blackburn is utter deluded garbage.

The amount of kean that get's spouted out of your club, officially or "unofficially" is embarrassing.

If Tuesday was seriously your best performance all season then you've got a long road ahead before you get back to the Premier League.

Yes, it WAS our best performance all season.....and we're still in a play-off position! I reckon we'll get a play-off spot at least. Bear in mind this is a team devoid of fitness training and organisation until Berg came in.

So without those two, we manage an away draw. At Huddersfield (a 'divisional rival' apparently). With 4 first-teamers injured. A long way to go, but I do think we're on the up (metaphorically AND in league status).

FWIW

All that talk of "divisional rival" malarcy (where the Kean did this phrase come from anyway) is complete kebab. - We're in the same league, therefore competing against each other, that's all there is to it.

Redknapp wanted the job. He sent his agent Paul Stretford up to talk to Sing et al. He even confirmed on SSN. Andy Cryer our local journo also confirmed this. For whatever reason(pay,owners etc) it didn't work out.

You're missing the point about the performance on Tues. It was our best performance but we were still below par. Plenty more gears to go through :rover:

Oh thanks for doing your bit developing Rhodes. He's at a historical club now training in state of the art facilities. Therefore Rovers should well and truely see the best of him. Bet you didn't like him celebrating the other night either did you?!

Now kean off back to your tin pot club forum like a good little Terrier.

Redknapp wanted the job. He sent his agent Paul Stretford up to talk to Sing et al. He even confirmed on SSN. Andy Cryer our local journo also confirmed this. For whatever reason(pay,owners etc) it didn't work out.

You're missing the point about the performance on Tues. It was our best performance but we were still below par. Plenty more gears to go through :rover:

Oh thanks for doing your bit developing Rhodes. He's at a historical club now training in state of the art facilities. Therefore Rovers should well and truely see the best of him. Bet you didn't like him celebrating the other night either did you?!

Now kean off back to your tin pot club forum like a good little Terrier.

Did you really just play the "History" card?

Wow.

(We're equal on league titles, more times runners up blah blah)

If you honestly believe that Redknapp would have come to Blackburn then you're even more deluded than I thought. A man who has never managed north of Tottenham attracted away from his family by the bright lights of Blackburn in the 2nd tier? Yeah sure, ok.

Good luck to Jordan though, he's a sound lad. Contributed to getting us into the Championship and sold on for net profit of c.£7m. I couldn't give a kean if he's celebrated on Tuesday, yet his little finger up in the air was hardly Adebayor-esque was it ;)

Someone asked a few pages back why I said Rhodes could play Premier League when others have struggled. If you look at his goals from last year, you will see very few if any that he created himself. He isn't that type of player, nor does he have bags of pace like the likes of Beckford who didn't take off at Everton. What he does do is get in the right positions to put the ball in the net. In particular, his movement inside the box and playing off the last man is fantastic. It doesn't matter what league it's in, if he is given service he will score goals. The only ball I can really remember you playing through the defence for him led to his goal. More balls like that and he'll keep on scoring.

Don't really see how people watching the highlights can say it should have been a penalty. The ball goes in the direction that Lynch's foot did and he clearly wins the ball before any contact with your man is made. The rolls afterwards were cringeworthy.

If Redknapp wasn't interested he wouldn't have instructed his agent to publicly declare his agent and certainly wouldn't have told him to come and conduct some negotiations on his behalf.

Was he likely to come? Probably not, all things being equal.

But there was a chance and if Rovers had met every condition that Redknapp was requesting, he would be here now.

Archived