BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

still gutted about the last minute goal, thought murphy had his best game of the season, kept the ball really well in the second half,

Rochina was another bright spark, some outstanding turns and touches, his pass for the rhodes goal was brilliant but he still frustrates with his final ball at times, same can be said with Formica.

Seemed to me that we tried to build from the back a bit more last night and tried to encourage the full backs to be a bit more attacking. Overall I think it was one the best performances of the season, (couldnt really get any worse I suppose )

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's big and he's black,

And he came by Kayak

Etuhu hu hu hu

It's this years ''OMG Controversial'' song, like we has the infamous ''Samba, Black Man'' song the other year which Samba reckoned he liked but probably didn't really. Still nothing compared to having bananas thrown at you by Anzhi Makalakadoodah fans.

In what way would you consider it strange?

I know you said particulary because we don't provide much, but really unlike Huddersfield this isn't a team built around Jordan Rhodes. Where he was a big fish in a small league one team before, he's now an average fish in a team challenging for the title. So really, it's to be expected that he will have to convert to our way of playing.

Jordan at least trebled his wage when he joined us. I know you lot said money doesn't talk, but it clearly does.

Surely he saw leaving a team happy to survive relegation, to joining a team demanding promotion, as a step up? Obviously no Premier league teams where willing to take the gamble on him, so we are as close to the Premier League as he has ever been.

Surely the chance to play in a team with players with over 100 PL appearances, as well as champions league appearances and World Cup appearances would be far more appealing than playing for Huddersfield?

Surely it would be a massive step up to be training in a complex applying for grade 1 status? Surely it would be a step up waking past the Premier League trophy ever time you enter your home ground?

I could go on.

A step up would have been the premier league, where he can definitely play. We don't have the resources or the recent history that Blackburn have, granted. We've just come up from league 1 so of course our first season is to establish ourselves. We want, and can achieve, a top half finish, and depending on January we could even sneak into the play-offs. Rhodes would have played a huge part in that, and we'd have fed him to score 20+ goals. Then he could have secured a big move to the top flight. In no way is moving to Blackburn, a divisional rival who are currently ahead of Huddersfield on goal difference and who couldn't beat said team playing poorly with both main strikers out injured a "massive step up". It's without doubt a better deal for him financially, and if he gets you promoted, fair play, you took a gamble and it paid off, especially with the new TV deal. If he doesn't, that £8m and £30k p/w will look rather expensive.

It's this years ''OMG Controversial'' song, like we has the infamous ''Samba, Black Man'' song the other year which Samba reckoned he liked but probably didn't really. Still nothing compared to having bananas thrown at you by Anzhi Makalakadoodah fans.

Not great though is it. Be nice if our song creators focused a bit more on whats gonna encourage the player and a bit less on how racist they can get away with being. Still, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

• Backroom

Not great though is it. Be nice if our song creators focused a bit more on whats gonna encourage the player and a bit less on how racist they can get away with being. Still, beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

'Song creators' haha. It's the wit of your average football fan. It's just a bit of fun, with a funny image.

Or would you rather we chanted about the death of Jack Walker? Or Munich? Or Hillsbrough? Or call Wenger a paedophile? There are FAR worse things in a chant than the amusing image of Etuhu coming to England in a canoe.

Our fans were a real credit to the club last night. I don't know exact numbers but our end was packed.

The last time I sat with Rovers fans at an away game was Wigan away last season and it was soul destroying, but yesterday was the complete opposite, we backed the team from the off, even at 1-0 down the supporters continued to chant and players responded to that. There was for the first time in a long time a positive vibe.

To be fair, Kamy; the vibe from those of us in the visitors' section of Selhurst Park last Saturday wasn't bad! "Henning Berg's blue and white army" rang out loud and clear for most of that game, too.

was at the game last nite...

great following again - im sure the fans passions rubbed off on the players...

quite possibly the best performance of the season that i`ve seen....

we tried to play attacking football for the most part, and as a result looked a more dangerous rounded team as opposed to what we have been

still very much work in progress and a long long way to go - but it looks like henning has the idea....

murphy had another poor first half, yet played reasonable in the second, and this conicided with our improved play

etuhu looked iffy again though, too many misplaced passes and backward balls...

if we can get more wing play , with runners and options forward then i think we should hit the play offs at least...

I hadn't come across the phrase 'divisional rival' that often until rumours surfaced about Jordan Rhodes but its a popular phrase with Huddersfield Town fans. I guess this board's equivalent meme is 'a good presser' though it is said with the correct irony. Bolton, Wolves, Cardiff, Leicester, Middlesborough are 'divisional rivals' not Huddersfield Town.

The goals last night were avoidable. We need to clear the ball better when its bouncing around in the 6 yard box as we conceded similar goals against Ipswich, Leeds, Derby and now Huddersfield - all near the end of the first or second half - 6-8 points lost from winning positions. Its possibly a team concentration issue but I would like one of the centre halves to be more dominant in clearing the ball.

Robbie Savage said on the BBC website that when he was at Rovers, Mark Hughes used to talk about 'consecutive errors' leading to goals and that's what we seem to be doing e.g. The 2nd goal - Rosado not holding onto the ball, two players jumping and not winning the header in the box, Robinson not getting down to the ball quickly enough.

A step up would have been the premier league, where he can definitely play.

What makes you think he can 'definitely play' in the premiership?

name another league 1 striker that has moved to the PL and scored goals?

A step up would have been the premier league, where he can definitely play. We don't have the resources or the recent history that Blackburn have, granted. We've just come up from league 1 so of course our first season is to establish ourselves. We want, and can achieve, a top half finish, and depending on January we could even sneak into the play-offs. Rhodes would have played a huge part in that, and we'd have fed him to score 20+ goals. Then he could have secured a big move to the top flight. In no way is moving to Blackburn, a divisional rival who are currently ahead of Huddersfield on goal difference and who couldn't beat said team playing poorly with both main strikers out injured a "massive step up". It's without doubt a better deal for him financially, and if he gets you promoted, fair play, you took a gamble and it paid off, especially with the new TV deal. If he doesn't, that £8m and £30k p/w will look rather expensive.

Your crazy.

Whether he can or can't play in the PL it's irrelevant. Nobody in the PL would take the risk. Huddersfield will not be near the top 6 come the end of the season. Huddersfield are not a 'divisional rival' ... Our 'divisional rivals' are other promotion chasing teams. If we get promoted 8m + 30k a week is an absolute steal.

Jon Stead has 9 premier league goals to his name, hardly turn out to be premiership quality.

Don't know why Huddersfield fans think Rhodes would walk into a premier league team, and automatically do well "15-20 goals this season" was what Ben suggested.

Guest Rovers4Good

R4G - yes you were right again - next time keep it to yourself - don't want to be giving the opposition an advantage do we :tu:

Of course :)

Rochina is different class. If it looks like he's on a different wavelength it's because he's a Barca youth product and unfortunately that philosophy or quality isn't shared by the rest of our side. If he can polish up his overall game he could really be something special.

Agree Topman, quite a few times he was running through the centre, taking on defenders. When he learns when to pass, or hit a decent pass wide instead of straight to a defender or too far ahead of the wide man, he'll be better. Hell of a shot on him though. And he's not the only one guilty of not being able to pass to a team mate in a better position.

Still, progress is being made - at least there are players to pass to, more than's been the case for a while.

Your crazy.

Whether he can or can't play in the PL it's irrelevant. Nobody in the PL would take the risk. Huddersfield will not be near the top 6 come the end of the season. Huddersfield are not a 'divisional rival' ... Our 'divisional rivals' are other promotion chasing teams. If we get promoted 8m + 30k a week is an absolute steal.

My bet still stands with your fan from Norway. I firmly believe that Huddersfield Town will finish this season above Blackburn. I think with the exception of Rhodes our squad is simply better than yours. We were missing out cutting edge last night with Vaughan and Beckford out. If either had played, I would have put money on the score being 3-1 to Town (with Rhodes getting your consolation goal).

Your squad is no great shakes in this league and certainly not a cut above the rest. You like Huddersfield and 15 other teams in the league have a decent squad for the championship but that is it. Your problem seems to be that your squad is very unbalanced and overall all I would much rather have the Huddersfield squad.

Agree Topman, quite a few times he was running through the centre, taking on defenders. When he learns when to pass, or hit a decent pass wide instead of straight to a defender or too far ahead of the wide man, he'll be better. Hell of a shot on him though. And he's not the only one guilty of not being able to pass to a team mate in a better position.

Still, progress is being made - at least there are players to pass to, more than's been the case for a while.

At times last night we looked head and shoulders better than them and also better than this division with some of our football.At other times we looked like a bunch of pansies who looked fairly feeble. With 46 games in this league many of which require a scuffle if not a battle i am not convinced we have what it takes in our ranks at present.There is no killer instinct in this lot and i do wonder whether someone like Burnley being massively up for a fight might well prevail over a team who are pretty enough-if you let us play.

We have a massive , massive squad but hopefully Shebby saw 1st hand last night that throwing on players like Rosado and his Portugese cousins will not wash in this league and he needs to stay right out of it and leave it to Berg.

In which case concentrate on making some funds available for a loan signimg or two because having Jordan as our only fit striker is utter nonsense for a side looking to get promoted.

My bet still stands with your fan from Norway. I firmly believe that Huddersfield Town will finish this season above Blackburn. I think with the exception of Rhodes our squad is simply better than yours. We were missing out cutting edge last night with Vaughan and Beckford out. If either had played, I would have put money on the score being 3-1 to Town (with Rhodes getting your consolation goal).

Your squad is no great shakes in this league and certainly not a cut above the rest. You like Huddersfield and 15 other teams in the league have a decent squad for the championship but that is it. Your problem seems to be that your squad is very unbalanced and overall all I would much rather have the Huddersfield squad.

I dont think at this moment Ben you can comment, indeed, had Best, Givet, Gomez and Nunez been fit, we would have had a more cutting edge and more solid at the back, plus of course options to change. Berg has only been here 6 days and is just analysing the squad and how he wants to play, what you saw last night will be so different as he moulds the team the way he wants them to play, he hasnt had time to change things at the moment but my guess, when he does, you will see a much better balanced and all round team as he gets to know the players and implement his tactics and ideas, remember, we have had two years of Steve Kean who was so tactically inept and according to the players, didnt do much fitness work in pre season!!! God, thats what pre season is all about, top fitness = mental fitness, pace and the ability to last 90 minutes, I really do think, over the next month, you will see a much differen Blackburn Rovers to the one you saw last night>

I think when you come to our place we'll batter you.

tumblr_mcf2xwbWBM1r655o1.gif

Thanks BPF. I knew this would come in handy someday.

Archived