BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

• Backroom

No offence Ben but you kind of lost any credibility here in summer with all your posturing about your knowledge that there was no chance Rhodes would come

Oh and you had two journeymen out we had plenty of average players out as well along with one or two decent ones if they were fit it would have been at least 8-0 to us

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My bet still stands with your fan from Norway. I firmly believe that Huddersfield Town will finish this season above Blackburn. I think with the exception of Rhodes our squad is simply better than yours. We were missing out cutting edge last night with Vaughan and Beckford out. If either had played, I would have put money on the score being 3-1 to Town (with Rhodes getting your consolation goal).

Your squad is no great shakes in this league and certainly not a cut above the rest. You like Huddersfield and 15 other teams in the league have a decent squad for the championship but that is it. Your problem seems to be that your squad is very unbalanced and overall all I would much rather have the Huddersfield squad.

Not sure if your own manager agrees with you after the meetings he had for our managerial position. But of course why would he bother moving to a divisional rival with a poorer squad. I'm sure Harry Redknapp will be interested in the Huddersfield Town job if it came up.

No offence Ben but you kind of lost any credibility here in summer with all your posturing about your knowledge that there was no chance Rhodes would come

Oh and you had two journeymen out we had plenty of average players out as well along with one or two decent ones if they were fit it would have been at least 8-0 to us

Exactly, we didn't even have Myles Anderson playing, does anyone else remember 'that tackle'?

Not sure if your own manager agrees with you after the meetings he had for our managerial position. But of course why would he bother moving to a divisional rival with a poorer squad. I'm sure Harry Redknapp will be interested in the Huddersfield Town job if it came up.

And yet you ended up with Henning Berg?

h1jt5.gif

My bet still stands with your fan from Norway. I firmly believe that Huddersfield Town will finish this season above Blackburn. I think with the exception of Rhodes our squad is simply better than yours. We were missing out cutting edge last night with Vaughan and Beckford out. If either had played, I would have put money on the score being 3-1 to Town (with Rhodes getting your consolation goal).

Your squad is no great shakes in this league and certainly not a cut above the rest. You like Huddersfield and 15 other teams in the league have a decent squad for the championship but that is it. Your problem seems to be that your squad is very unbalanced and overall all I would much rather have the Huddersfield squad.

The squad is badly unbalanced your right about that and hopefully Henning Berg will be allowed to sort that out but it's no great shakes simply because it's been so badly mis-managed and coached and is unfit and weak at this level and was becoming unmotivated. If Berg sorts this out i think we'll see a different team in the 2nd half of the season, one which should be battling for the top 2. I think Huddersfield coming up from league 1 have come to grips with the physical nature of this league quicker than our lot have but i think without signings you may well fall away after christmas time. I hope not it would be good to see you near the top your long overdue a stint in top flight !

FND: And yet you ended up with Henning Berg?

Indeed, what's wrong with Henning Berg? I think Simon Grayson is a good manager hence Huddersfield Town's current position but the politics of Venkys and the managerial search is another story. Harry saw the cash plus our squad and thought he could a job. His agent met Shebby and Shaw and thought otherwise. Would Harry look at the Huddersfield squad and think he could get it promoted?

Simon Grayson must have wanted it enough to have more than one clandestine meeting with the dynamic duo. Why would he if the squad is poorer minus Jordan Rhodes as Huddersfield Ben says?

He's right, on the evidence so far we are unbalanced and no great shakes. With 1/3rd season gone (15 games) we have yet to outplay a team in one match, under three different managers. We haven't even got an oafish lump of a centre forward for Rhodes to feed off - a must in this league!!

He's right, on the evidence so far we are unbalanced and no great shakes. With 1/3rd season gone (15 games) we have yet to outplay a team in one match, under three different managers. We haven't even got an oafish lump of a centre forward for Rhodes to feed off - a must in this league!!

Haven't seen any of the away games but I'm not sure why we actually need "a big lump" up front when we've got players like Rochina, Gomes and Murphy in the side. Just thread the ball through along the ground.

If Best comes back from injury and and adds a different dimension to our play that's something different altogether but I don't agree we need to bring in a target man just for the sake of it.

Unbalanced and not great shakes but its not poorer than Huddersfield's squad overall. I'm sure Huddersfield's squad would be unbalanced if they had Kean as manager and Vinny Rao doing their transfers over Facebook.

If you made a combined 11 of the two teams, I would pick Scannell possibly for pace, maybe Clarke for Hanley but I don't think I would pick any other player from their team. Huddersfield have a good team but not a better team than ours. What Huddersfield Town have shown(and what we used to show) is that good organisation and good management off the field can help achieve more on the field.

Yes, if the world class Jermaine Beckford or the lethal James Vaughan had played last night then we would have been in big trouble!

Haven't seen any of the away games but I'm not sure why we actually need "a big lump" up front when we've got players like Rochina, Gomes and Murphy in the side. Just thread the ball through along the ground.

If Best comes back from injury and andds a different dimension to our play that's something different altogether but I don't agree we need to bring in a target man just for the sake of it.

The problem with Rhodes, Rochina, Formica and Rosado is that none of them have pace and none of them are particularly strong physically. Rochina, Rhodes and Formica have been knocked off the ball quite a bit this season, particularly in away games. There are times when we need to deliver it more quickly into the area but we don't have anyone to win it. A 'big guy' up front would allow us to vary the way we play and if he could work the channels so much the better as that is one thing that Rochina, Rhodes and Formica struggle to do.

Ben. Ben. Ben. You talk nearly as much crap as this guy

audley_harrison_1743592c.jpg

One thing about last night was I thought Formica was awful. Some of his passing was woeful, really, really poor.

He's forever passing the ball straight back to the defender who passed him the ball without looking to see what options there are.

He's not alone in that respect though.

He's forever passing the ball straight back to the defender who passed him the ball without looking to see what options there are.

He's not alone in that respect though.

That could be down to his teammates, when coaching players, they are always told to play the way they are facing, unless they are told to 'turn' he may not see whats behind him but other players can, so if no one shouts 'turn' he will assume a player is 'on him' and therefore will play the ball back.

That could be down to his teammates, when coaching players, they are always told to play the way they are facing, unless they are told to 'turn' he may not see whats behind him but other players can, so if no one shouts 'turn' he will assume a player is 'on him' and therefore will play the ball back.

He did it three times last Saturday with no one within ten yards of him. He should know who's nearby. It cost us a goal at Palace.

In terms of an attacking sense though, in the second half he must of been just outside the opposition penalty box around 4 or 5 times, where he had the opportunity of playing it out wide to a player in tones of space or through the middle to Rhodes and he just didnt know what to do with the ball and give it away every time.

Yeah I coach football and you are told to play the way your are facing thats true. However at a higher standard he should know whether he has the time to turn and play wide or forward, not just play the ball directly back.

To be fair on occasion it is needed to retain possession and I understand what you are saying about needing a shout from someone, but he does it almost all the time.

• Backroom

One thing about last night was I thought Formica was awful. Some of his passing was woeful, really, really poor.

Well, at least he did something noticeable. Normally I completely forget he's even on the pitch.

Archived