BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Huddersfield Town vs Blackburn Rovers

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corrected for you :tu:

Great post....just saw the goals on SSN....their first goal was a foul on Hanley I thought....Novak clearly pulled him back, much more than Balotelli tonight which was also a foul imo.

Lovely pass and finish for Rhodes'.

The penalty, he does catch our player but he looks to have played the ball first...will need to see it again and from different angles.....lovely penalty from Murphy and I'm glad it looked to have meant a lot to him...as well as being glad he apparently had a good game tonight.

Their equaliser is unfortunate.....it looked like it came of Etuhu....if not, he's miles offside....oh well, would have loved the win but a point is good considering it's only been 5 days or however long.

I'm optimistic for the season and I can't wait for Saturday....although it will be another tough test.

That what I thought. he looks offside for second goal.

I'm very optimistic for the season and Saturday game.

very happy to see Berg playing Henley, Vukcevic and Rochina now. Hoping Vukcevic starts on Saturday in place of Formica.

Overall a good point, though gutted to toss two points away at the end through what sounds like one naive player. My Huddersfield supporting mate said we passed it well and had the better players but didn't create much.

Berg is clearly trying to shake things up by playing younger, pacier and more skilful players. Just need to get someone up with Rhodes and get him some service. He's got a finish in him and his goals per chances ratio at Rovers must be in the 80% range.

Anyone know what the atmosphere was like in our end? Wanted to go but couldn't in the end thanks to work. Which usually means its brilliant.

Sorry to say but last night out fans were magnificent. 2000 fans packed in and didn't stop chanting all game. One of the best atmosphere I've witnessed in a very long time. Great to be back.

Anyone know what the atmosphere was like in our end? Wanted to go but couldn't in the end thanks to work. Which usually means its brilliant.

Our fans were a real credit to the club last night. I don't know exact numbers but our end was packed.

The last time I sat with Rovers fans at an away game was Wigan away last season and it was soul destroying, but yesterday was the complete opposite, we backed the team from the off, even at 1-0 down the supporters continued to chant and players responded to that. There was for the first time in a long time a positive vibe.

Sorry to say but last night out fans were magnificent. 2000 fans packed in and didn't stop chanting all game. One of the best atmosphere I've witnessed in a very long time. Great to be back.

****! Blummin knew it. Ah well, still great to hear anyway. Our away support must be among the best in the league, gets commented on a lot these days.

im just happy that Rochina and Simon are now playing. They are quality players, and imo they offer alot more than Gamst, CKR and Dunn. Although, i think Dunn can still do a job for us.

It's completely bonkers that Simon has been overlooked for so long if indeed it was for reasons other than money, the guy was playing champions league football before he came to us was he not?. As for Rochina I hope we are now seeing a good manager bringing out the best in a player with bags of potential and not just a flash in the pan.

Didn't see the game and you never get a decent interpretation by listening to the radio but we sounded the better team and going off what some of you have said on here we played some good stuff. I'm really excited to get back to Ewood this Saturday and see what Berg can do back on home turf. Let's hope this is a start of a new era. :rover:

Ewood is going to be buzzing on Saturday I can feel it, can't wait!

Their equaliser is unfortunate.....it looked like it came of Etuhu....if not, he's miles offside....oh well, would have loved the win but a point is good considering it's only been 5 days or however long.

Would that matter? If he is offside when the ball is played then he is offside, a deflection off Etuhu wouldn't make a difference. (Could be wrong)

Our fans were a real credit to the club last night. I don't know exact numbers but our end was packed.

The last time I sat with Rovers fans at an away game was Wigan away last season and it was soul destroying, but yesterday was the complete opposite, we backed the team from the off, even at 1-0 down the supporters continued to chant and players responded to that. There was for the first time in a long time a positive vibe.

To be fair, Rovers fans were fantastic in the first match of the season away to Ipswich. The atmosphere was superb until the second half of course when Rovers sat back as they always did under Kean and let Ipswich back into the match. When Rovers fans get behind the team there aren't many better supporters in the country.

Nut crushing equaliser aside I sensed the fog of negativity was lifting from the Kean era better atmos amongst fans. No one at each others throat between those that just hated Kean and those who really really hated him.

Still think Berg has hell of a lot of work to do with fitness and assembling a team rather than just a body of players but hopefully we've stopped the rot at least.

Ps. What's that etuthu song? That cracked us up. Not sure such an abject player deserves such a funny song mind.

Rochina is different class. If it looks like he's on a different wavelength it's because he's a Barca youth product and unfortunately that philosophy or quality isn't shared by the rest of our side. If he can polish up his overall game he could really be something special.

Why did udders fans boo Rhodes at the end when he went to clap every stand?

I was under the impression he left on good terms. He seems a very very dignified person....

Nah we were booing the ref walking off the pitch and clapping Rhodes at the same time. He did leave on good terms, but it still seems a strange move, particularly as you aren't really giving him the service he can destroy teams with. Great deal for us though, no way we could turn down £8m.

Disappointed with that late goal but, lets face it, we have had our fair share of luck this season so we can't complain too much.

It was vital we got a result last night, two losses in a row would have been a disastrous start for Henning and the fans would start questioning whether he is cut out for this job. He's started with 2 tough away matches and has done well. Rochina and Rhodes are class acts and could be the key to promotion. Rochina is particularly starting to have an end product to his game which is very exciting.

If Henning can get the best out of Murphy and Martin Olsson as well then we would be really strong. Good progress so far.

Nah we were booing the ref walking off the pitch and clapping Rhodes at the same time. He did leave on good terms, but it still seems a strange move, particularly as you aren't really giving him the service he can destroy teams with. Great deal for us though, no way we could turn down £8m.

In what way would you consider it strange?

I know you said particulary because we don't provide much, but really unlike Huddersfield this isn't a team built around Jordan Rhodes. Where he was a big fish in a small league one team before, he's now an average fish in a team challenging for the title. So really, it's to be expected that he will have to convert to our way of playing.

Jordan at least trebled his wage when he joined us. I know you lot said money doesn't talk, but it clearly does.

Surely he saw leaving a team happy to survive relegation, to joining a team demanding promotion, as a step up? Obviously no Premier league teams where willing to take the gamble on him, so we are as close to the Premier League as he has ever been.

Surely the chance to play in a team with players with over 100 PL appearances, as well as champions league appearances and World Cup appearances would be far more appealing than playing for Huddersfield?

Surely it would be a massive step up to be training in a complex applying for grade 1 status? Surely it would be a step up waking past the Premier League trophy ever time you enter your home ground?

I could go on.

Archived